CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 11.5 (Name Poll)

What should the name of our new Pokemon be? (Pick two only)

• Pyroak

Votes: 68 42.8%
  • Kommandre/Komandre

Votes: 26 16.4%
  • Carboneous

Votes: 34 21.4%
  • Mokukikou

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Phlogidon/saur/zard

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Hyotetsu

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Timburn

Votes: 47 29.6%
  • Ignitrodon

Votes: 34 21.4%
  • Tropicore

Votes: 35 22.0%
  • Flacerlemn

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
Type: Fire/Grass
Stat Spread:  120 HP / 70 Atk / 105 Def / 95 SpA / 90 SpD / 60 Speed
BST: 540
Ability #1: Rock Head
Ability #2: Battle Armor
Pokémon Appearance: [URL="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/KnightOfLodis/woodman.png"]Codename: Pass the Dutchie[/URL]
Movepool: [URL="http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1170482&postcount=1"]Here[/URL]
The name poll. Don't need to explain the purpose behind this now.

Pyroak - Pyro + Oak
Kommandre/Komandre - Komodo + Commander + Flare.
Carboneous - Latin for "Made of burning wood"
Mokukikou - Moku (Japanese word for Wood) + Kikou (Japanese word for Armor)
Phlogidon/saur/zard - Phlogiston (supposed fifth element in science) + Don/Saur/Zard suffix
Hyotetsu - Hyo(Japanese word for Fire) + Koutetsu (Armor)
Timburn - Timber + Burn
Ignitrodon - Ignite + Nitro + Don
Tropicore - Tropical + Core
Flacerlemn - Loosely translates to "Flaming Wood" in Romanian

I'll vote for Komandre. it is the best name that has something to do with komodo dragons also i think it suits him a little bit. Since i can vote for two i'll vote for pyroak it suits him a hell of a lot more than komandre.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Heh, I voted Pyroak last topic, but here had to choose Carboneous and Tropicore.

I really Tropicore btw, it just sounds right.

Kommandre and Flacerlemn took my vote. Kommandre is probably the most pokemonish out of them all. And Flacerlemn rolls off my tongue. It also makes me imagine Wyverii's sprite for some reason.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Kommandre/Komandre is the best one IMO. It seems more...natural and has a more...almighty feel, or something like that.

Carboneous is my second option, since it sounds well and the meaning is pretty good.

So, uh, my pick is Kommandre and Carboneous

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Voted Pyroak and Timburn. Carboneous just seems to have that unneccesary grating "e" sound.

I voted for Timburn and Pyroak, they seem to capture his typing and look while being able to roll off the tounge.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Timburn and Pyroak for me. Carboneous is nice and all but the latin-ness of it sounds kinda weird for a Pokemon. It sounds like an adjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)