CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 11.5 (Name Poll)

What should the name of our new Pokemon be? (Pick two only)

• Pyroak

Votes: 68 42.8%
  • Kommandre/Komandre

Votes: 26 16.4%
  • Carboneous

Votes: 34 21.4%
  • Mokukikou

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Phlogidon/saur/zard

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Hyotetsu

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Timburn

Votes: 47 29.6%
  • Ignitrodon

Votes: 34 21.4%
  • Tropicore

Votes: 35 22.0%
  • Flacerlemn

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted Pyroak and Timburn. They're the only ones that sound even remotely Pokemon-like in my opinion. There aren't that many pokemon with more than three syllables in their name, and those that do are relatively easy to pronounce (Cresselia, Rhyperior). I just can't see six-year-olds being able to say "Flacerlemn."

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Oh, only two? I voted for four names. :x

My primary choice was Komandre. It seems like its getting a lot of support in terms of posts in this topic. Cool.

My least favorite names have to be Pyroak and Timburn. They don't strike my fancy at all, and in my opinion sound like "five-year-old" kind of names, if that makes any sense. In other words, they "sound lame, to be quite honest..."

P.S.: Is there going to be more than one poll for the name?

Voting Timburn and Pyroak, because in all honesty the other ones just sound contrived. I realise that the name has to have a meaning, but it has to have a meaning that sounds remotely namelike, and most of the rest just sound too complex for a clever name.

Yes, I honestly believe Timbunr is cheesy, and considerably so. A bit too much. Pyroak and Komandre (does the "e" have an "ay" sound? It should) seem to me the best.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well Kommandre's early lead has fallen away, Pyroak has a 10% advantage over its nearest competitor, but both Timburn and Carboneous are reasonably close. Ignotrodon and Tropicore are not too far behind, but all the others have very few votes.
[/commentary]

The more I say it, the more I like Pyroak. So I voted for it. Didn't know it was maximum two, though. Sorry I did three. ( Timburn/Tropicore )

Pyroak FTW

Ask yourself: Do I really want to refer to this Pokemon as something retarded like Pyroak or Timburn? Those names SUCK, people. They sound like there's been little to no though put into them. Seven year olds could have thought of these. Please vote for names that actually look and sound intelligent.

Ask yourself: Do I really want to refer to this Pokemon as something retarded like Pyroak or Timburn? Those names SUCK, people. They sound like there's been little to no though put into them. Seven year olds could have thought of these. Please vote for names that actually look and sound intelligent.
I honestly can't think of any Pokemon names that aren't simple ( bar Deoxys ). The whole franchise was directed towards seven year olds to begin with, after all.

However, I do agree as an afterthought that Timburn is kind of meh.

Pyroak is a good name.

I agree Timburn sucks though.

Pyroak should only be in pokemon if Prof. Oak decided to become an arsonist.

Anyway I don't disagree that Timburn is simple (and a little cheesy but hey, we have pokemon named Muk, Seal, Goldeen, Lanturn, Lombre, Swampert, Pinsir....) but I wanted some of my other names. It proves that people prefer simple, catchy names over complicated, multi-language ones.

I voted for Pyroak and Komandre. They are, in my opinion, the most simple and effective names.

The Japanese names sound like.... Japanese names... like the Japanese say, in the Japanese games....

'Timburn' makes me think 'tim burton', and therefore by default sucks with the fury of a thousand suns; just a few hundred times less than the worst name suggestion for this thing in the history of ever [lavarrior].

Phlogidon and Carboneous are too intelligent.

Ignitrodon is actually really good. I should have voted for this as well.

Tropicore is a decent name, but doesn't really fit the design.

Flacerlemn deserves credit because a) I don't know how to pronounce it, and b) flaccid + lemon

I leave you with one final thought;

By the gods, am I glad 'leonin' didn't make it this far :happybrain:

Pyroak no timburn yes keep your thoughts to your self. Let people chose what they want. c'mon game freak have came up with alot of bad names of there own like lilkililicky, yanmega and weezing yet they have grown on us (apart from likililicky that still makes me lol). Pyroak is just like venomoth venom+mouth pyro+oak.

Timburn reminds me of my grandad and timberland :/

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I think I hate Timburn because it reminds me of Tim Allen when I say it.

Pyroak - Pyro + Oak
Kommandre/Komandre - Komodo + Commander + Flare.

Komandre ftw.

Please please let this poke NOT be called Timburn, whilst similar to Pyroak in structure, it looks and sounds cutsy and wussy while Pyroak sounds hardcore!

Voted Pyroak and Timburn. They're the only ones that sound even remotely Pokemon-like in my opinion. There aren't that many pokemon with more than three syllables in their name, and those that do are relatively easy to pronounce (Cresselia, Rhyperior). I just can't see six-year-olds being able to say "Flacerlemn."
LOL, should have thought of that before I invented the name.
@Dreamquiver: Thanks for boosting my self esteem with the WTF NO! LOL. Since mine isn't gonna win Kommandre should win!

Oh, only two? I voted for four names. :x
Can someone tell me what happens when someone tries to vote for more than two names?!?!

People seem to be assuming that their votes for more than 2 names will count, hence comments like "Wait we were supposed to pic two agh Ignore one vote for Hyotetsu."

I would actually assume that the poll is made so that voting for more than 2 names doesnt work, am I right?

GT, if people are successfully voting for more than 2 names surely this poll is fecked and needs repolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)