CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 13 - Name Discussion/Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I am going to submit Equinox. The design looks almost Equine (one could argue its more feline/lupine but it's my opinion), and nox sounds like Noh, the Japanese mask. Equinox also suggests night, which is pretty ghostly.

I am going to submit Equinox. The design looks almost Equine (one could argue its more feline/lupine but it's my opinion), and nox sounds like Noh, the Japanese mask. Equinox also suggests night, which is pretty ghostly.
Unfortunately, Equinox doesnt really suggest night. The Equinox is on of two days of the year when day and night are of the exact same length. So, it sort of doesnt really scream Pokemon, more of a decently well known event that everyone forgets. Like the Wintewr/Summer Soltice :P.

I'll go with Vulitus (vul-eh-tus)
(vul comes from the latin vulpes, meaning fox; itus comes from the latin spiritus, which means breath. ) Vulitus does sound kinda ominous after all.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Unfortunately, Equinox doesnt really suggest night. The Equinox is on of two days of the year when day and night are of the exact same length. So, it sort of doesnt really scream Pokemon, more of a decently well known event that everyone forgets. Like the Wintewr/Summer Soltice :P.
So uh what does "scream Pokemon". Last time I checked the last three CAPs were actual words slightly modified or not modified at all.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
TF2 shall prevail!

Boinkabonk

based on the scout of tf2, who is famous for saying BONK AND BOINK.

Inspired by Captain and Beej (and tennis) on the server. ily guys <3

Sentraith (Sentry + Wraith)
I like this one a lot. Simple and to the point without sounding too clunky.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I see the design as more cat-like than fox-like. Foxes have very pointed heads, but this one's "head" is completely round.

I like this one a lot. Simple and to the point without sounding too clunky.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I see the design as more cat-like than fox-like. Foxes have very pointed heads, but this one's "head" is completely round.
To me, the bushy tail puts it firmly in the canine family.

felusionyt (fell-oosion-nite)

feline + illusion + nite to give it at least some hint that its a steel type. And yea, it does seem pretty canine, but that's been done to death already.

I agree with this post very much.

Although i still like Kitsunoh a lot

My suggestion:

Phamphox

Origin: "Phantom" since it looks like a phantom. "Phox" is just an alternative for the word "Fox", so it will have the double "ph" like in the name "Philadelphia".

It's original and sounds cool.

On the other note...

felusionite (fell-oosion-nite)

feline + illusion + nite to give it at least some hint that its a steel type. And yea, it does seem pretty canine, but that's been done to death already.
Your name is over 10 letters long. Maybe you can change it to Felusionyt.

Well, I might as well give this a shot.

Vulpenask or Maskovulp

Vulpes + Mask

Vulpes - other name of Fox
Mask - what it has on it's face

I'm not really sure which one I should submit. Please help me decide which one I should use.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Rekami

A blend of reconnaissance, a duty in scouts are supposed to perform, and kami, the Japanese word or spirits that live within objects in the Shinto faith.

I also kinda like Kitsunoh

Felon

Feline + Iron, that and frisk kinda makes it sound like he's mugging someone...

...and he needs to escape from battle as much as he has to escape from jail :3

Equinox is the day of the year when night and day are equal, it's not very nightly, actually, though the name is cool pun.

But that inspired me, I think I'll take the soul pun people have been using and use the term Solstice, which in the winter, the solstice has the longest night.

So I was thinking Soulstyx, combining soul, and solstice with the river Styx in the greek mythos for the river between the Earth and the Underworld.

**EDIT**
Forgot you are only allowed to submit one name.

I like Kitsunoh as a name. Maybe we should "americanize" it a little, though, as they seem to do that with pokes with foreign names. Even just "Kitsuno" might look more like a pokemon name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)