Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you did Wish in a Double Battle, would their be an option to put the wish on your ally, or would it always be the user of Wish?
Edit: I'm participating in the 2009 Video Game Tournament, and I was wondering if I should use Encore or Yawn?

It's on the following. Should I trade in some Speed for Special Defense? It looks like the speed is only for Lucario, and my partner can take it on quite easily.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Encore / Yawn
- Wish
- Follow Me
- Air Slash

Good morning, Smogon.

I just caught a shiny Starly at the beginning of the game. It has a Naive nature and, from what I can gather thusfar, this range of IV's: 3 - 18 / 24 - 27 / 7 - 23 / 7 - 23 / 27 / 14 - 27

Naturally, I am very happy about this. What I was wondering was, if I were to use it in my in-game team and accumulate unwanted EV's, is it possible to entirely erase them later and EV train it (before LV.100, of course)?

A quick response is appreciated. ^_^

Good morning, Smogon.

I just caught a shiny Starly at the beginning of the game. It has a Naive nature and, from what I can gather thusfar, this range of IV's: 3 - 18 / 24 - 27 / 7 - 23 / 7 - 23 / 27 / 14 - 27

Naturally, I am very happy about this. What I was wondering was, if I were to use it in my in-game team and accumulate unwanted EV's, is it possible to entirely erase them later and EV train it (before LV.100, of course)?

A quick response is appreciated. ^_^
Yes, but it is so time consuming you'll want to kill yourself.

Play the game with a normal starly.

I recall that somewhere there was a program that told you if you had any wasted EVs. I couldn't find it in the information/resource thread in Stark Mountain, so could anyone tell me where I can find it?

Please explain. I did not mean I was going to EV Starly along the way, if that is what you thought I meant.
You remove EV's 2-10 at a time with berries (The rarest berries), so you'd need to figure out which EVs he needs to get rid of, grow about a hundred berries, then wipe em. It'd be much easier to keep your shiny trophy in the bank until it's time to EV train, or just play the game with it and accept that it's not gonna be competitive. Wiping evs is soul crushing.

You remove EV's 2-10 at a time with berries (The rarest berries), so you'd need to figure out which EVs he needs to get rid of, grow about a hundred berries, then wipe em. It'd be much easier to keep your shiny trophy in the bank until it's time to EV train, or just play the game with it and accept that it's not gonna be competitive. Wiping evs is soul crushing.
That arduous, eh..? I thought those berries reduced a Stat by 100 EV's until said stat is 100 or less EV's, then it reduces it by 10 EV's per berry. In addition, are the berries not hard to find in Ruby/Sapphire?

That arduous, eh..? I thought those berries reduced a Stat by 100 EV's until said stat is 100 or less EV's, then it reduces it by 10 EV's per berry. In addition, are the berries not hard to find in Ruby/Sapphire?
The last time I looked into it, it was 10 each. Maybe they got changed?

Yes that is correct (the thing about the EVs) and if I recall the berries are simple to find in RS, though you will want to import them to DP and grow more.

the first berry reduces EVs to 100 (if over 100) and each subsequent berry reduces by 10. so it would take 11 berries to go from 255 to zero.

it's not hard at all to wipe EVs if you have the berries, and growing 12 of each is really quite simple.

beat the game in style man, shiny Staraptor ftw!

I posted this in wifi as well, but I'll post it here, I really want to know so no gets angry or upset with me.

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I want to say this.
First off, This is Superpoke's brother. Now don't freak out, I'm nothing like him. I admit, hes obnoxious and immature. I am not(unless I've been around him too long,LOL) But seriously, I, unlike my brother, want to be a competitive battler and learn. So, this is what I want to know:

1) Will I get banned for having the same IP as my bro?
2) If I'm not banned, will I be accepted here, even though my brother was, well, the way he was?

Thank you, and if you don't want me here due to my brother's actions, I understand, and I will gladly leave. But please don't punish me for his wrong doings.

It's not really competitive anyway, with the not-so-great nature and IVs. I'd say play through with it and enjoy it, and if you really want a competitive shiny Staraptor abuse the RNG for a good one.
I've always found the game to be more enjoyable if you initially play through like a noob anyway :]

XD Valid points. How often does one get to start an exciting new adventure with a shiny? Beating Platinum with style is the way to go! I will just be sure to battle a lot of Shinx and Starly...

Thank you all for the suggestions. I appreciate it.

I have a question about soft-resetting for eggs. I read the breeding article on the main site to find out most of what I needed to know, but I didn't find out whether shiny hatchlings stay shiny while being soft-resetted. I'm assuming so, since I've heard people going on about soft-resetting for good IVs on a hatchling that turned out to be shiny, but I'm the type of person who is quite paranoid and wants to be absolutely sure with everything.

In case I'm not making sense, which I rarely do: Say I saved in front of the old man, then took the egg. The hatchling turns out to be shiny. If I soft-reset and take the egg again, will the hatchling still be shiny?

And I am Epic Fail with understanding this new RNG abuse thing. I looked at the threads and see a bunch of numbers that make no sense. How in the living hell do people take that mess and turn it into a near-flawless Pokemon?

Not that I'm keen on game abuse. I just can't work it out. Then again, getting me to understand anything mathematical beyond the basics is not gonna happen.

Yes, shininess (along with gender, nature and ability) is generated when the egg is created, before you pick it up. As long as you saved after the Day Care man got the egg (and before he gave it to you), it will still be shiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)