Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I kept doing 224 flips in my journal but every time I fought Darkrai, I ended up on frame 451 instead of 449?? Finally, I did 223 flips and ended on frame 449. Either Darkrai is frame 3 or I was doing something that was advancing the RNG by 2 and I didn't know it.

Anyways, I finally got this Timid Darkrai
31/31/31/30/30/31 HP Ground 70

So I hit my timing and delay on the all-31 timid spread with a timid syncher and am in year 2046. It has a frame number of 71, 73, and 75, and also how many flips would I have to do? I have 5 pokemon in my party for Heatran.

So I hit my timing and delay on the all-31 timid spread with a timid syncher and am in year 2046. Which frame number do I use if I have spreads 71,73,and 75, and also how many flips would I have to do? I have 5 pokemon in my party for Heatran.
You can use any of the frames. Choose 71 because it is the smallest. Since Heatran is frame 1, you need to advance the frame by 70 to hit 71. Therefore, you should do 35 flips. Then just fight Heatran and hope you did everything right.

Okay, I've been SRing for a shiny Giratina in Plat for some time now and I've finally gotten around to getting a good spread that will give me an Adamant shiny. Now, since the guide says that it's inital frame starts @12, and the frame I need is 13, then I should take 128 steps and then face it, correct? Also, for the timing, does the time matter when I battle it or when i press A to continue?

So, do the Method 1 legends work the exact same way as the method J legends?

EDIT:
I'm going to try to catch the flawless timid Azelf soon. What is the information for it?
I need the year and seconds, and its really hard to look through all the spreads.
And If I were to catch a lv. 50 heatran in platinum, could I EV it and keep it at lv 50 or would it not get the boost?

EDIT:
I'm going to try to catch the flawless timid Azelf soon. What is the information for it?
I need the year and seconds, and its really hard to look through all the spreads.
And If I were to catch a lv. 50 heatran in platinum, could I EV it and keep it at lv 50 or would it not get the boost?
They work the same, except they only advance the frame by 1, and you can make synchronize on them (which may produce earlier spreads). By using the "Seed to Time" function of RNG Reporter, you can find the times for different spreads.

It's a tad unrelated to the topic, but I believe you can apply EVs of Pokémon below Lv100 by depositing it into a box, and then retrieving it.

Also, I'd like to confirm that Drifloon advances the frame by 1! Incase anyone wants to go RNG'ing Drifloon!

"....
"And If I were to catch a lv. 50 heatran in platinum, could I EV it and keep it at lv 50 or would it not get the boost?
Repost because I don't see an answer to this (not yet anyways).
rawrcray0nz, I haven't tried legends yet so I'm not sure whether or not the methods can be used the same way.
You can ev train with the weaker pokemon so you won't get too much experience to go up a level.

The Giritina-man, you can just soft reset. It does the same thing as Hard Resetting except Sresetting is faster.

What the fucking fuck

I've been trying to abuse this Cresselia for the past 3 hours.

The target frame is 1183, so subtract 5 initial frames to get 1178. Divide that by two to get your journal flip number. Right? No. I attempted it twice with 589 journal flips. Both times failed, and I got the same Quirky one (4 frames later than the target) twice. So I said okay, I'll do 2 less flips this time. Guess what? I get the same Quirky one again.

Can someone tell me what this thing's problem is?

I've got a question: I've done this resetting to get my delay and second about 8 times now, and gotten varied results that I will post below:

Delays: 624, 624, 624, 628, 638, 638, 634
Seconds: 14, 13, 13, 14, 14, 14, 14

So... I was wondering: Should I take the mean delay as my delay, the median delay as my delay, or the mode delay as my delay?

I've got a question: I've done this resetting to get my delay and second about 8 times now, and gotten varied results that I will post below:

Delays: 624, 624, 624, 628, 638, 638, 634
Seconds: 14, 13, 13, 14, 14, 14, 14

So... I was wondering: Should I take the mean delay as my delay, the median delay as my delay, or the mode delay as my delay?
Definately the mode. You want the delay that you hit most often. If you were to have a average or median delay that you could never hit, what good would it be?

On a second note, it seems like your seconds are stable for the most part, but try to keep it to 14 only.

That sounds like a good idea, but it's just been strange because those delays are listed in chronological order, meaning I've been getting higher delays, while doing nothing differently. I'll do it a few more times and post the results, and then maybe I can get a definite answer.

And yeah, I am keeping it to 14 seconds. The 13 second SRs are sort of outliers.

Okay, I've been SRing for a shiny Giratina in Plat for some time now and I've finally gotten around to getting a good spread that will give me an Adamant shiny. Now, since the guide says that it's inital frame starts @12, and the frame I need is 13, then I should take 128 steps and then face it, correct? Also, for the timing, does the time matter when I battle it or when i press A to continue?
Quote since no reply. Also, for the frame question, do I have to stay on the 3 little squares before Giratina, or can I roam through the Distortion World for the 128 steps?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What the fucking fuck

I've been trying to abuse this Cresselia for the past 3 hours.

The target frame is 1183, so subtract 5 initial frames to get 1178. Divide that by two to get your journal flip number. Right? No. I attempted it twice with 589 journal flips. Both times failed, and I got the same Quirky one (4 frames later than the target) twice. So I said okay, I'll do 2 less flips this time. Guess what? I get the same Quirky one again.

Can someone tell me what this thing's problem is?
Do you happen to have any other runners out? That would explain an advance every time. Other than that, bad luck?

if you catch azelf, you can't use him for the initial seed can you?
Why not? Of course if you save with him caught he's caught and you cant catch him. I am not really sure what/why you are asking, I guess.

Quote since no reply. Also, for the frame question, do I have to stay on the 3 little squares before Giratina, or can I roam through the Distortion World for the 128 steps?
Distortion world is weird, but here is the thing, it's easy to test, so do so. Start game, walk around, catch immediately and initial seed, and generate on method J. Was it Frame 13? Or was it something weird?

Try the same thing walking in the 3 spaces.

Less asking more trying, if possible, because if no one answered it means no one had an answer, so reposting to re ask is not helpful. Coming back with answers could be though.

I believe I've gotten my delay! I've done two more SRs, and each time, I've gotten a second value of 14, and a delay value of 638. I am going to start trying for the right spread, but does anyone have an instant messaging client so that I can reach them in a faster way if/when I need help?

Okay, I'm about to try and RNG Uxie.

I don't completely understand what Synchronize does here? I understand what the ability does, but if my frame is 330 (297 Method J) and I just need to do 148 Journal flips...where does Synchronize come in?

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Just a question that popped into my head when thinking about finding seeds and IV's and all that:

Can the knowledge from this thread as to what times and dates create certain IV's for legends be used to create more accurate hack checks? Or is this knowledge being used now, or what?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)