Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I don't think you are going to have a whole lot of luck with trying to work Mersenne backwards as you need 624 sequential values to even predict future iterates (you can also likely use them to figure out past, back to seed, too).
I don't think I need 624 sequential values, if I know I'm on second roll and I know the algorithm behind the initialisation

t[0] = Initial SEED
t[n] = (( upper 2bits of t [n-1] ) xor t [n-1]) * 0x6c078965 + n

where n = 1 - 623

(taken from page 21).

I need to check into Mersenne, again - but if I recall correctly, only two or three of these previous values are taken. With second roll, these should be rather fixed.

Still I'm not sure whether this rollback would be possible - if second mersenne roll is not bijective, then we'd be stuck with anyway.

TCC

Is the type of pokemon I might encounter also dependent on my frame?

I've went through this 4 times already and I've gotten 4 Seakings from the Lake of Verity. With a 35% chance encounter rate, the chances of 4 in a row are around 1.5%. Either I'm really unlucky or something else is at play here...

Bump

Yes the pokemon is dependent on the frame. That's why there are encounter slots.
Uh oh, looks like I missed something here... encounter slots? I was under the false impression that once I had a spread picked out, as long as I had my frames correct, it would assign those IVs to the next pokemon I encountered, whatever that may be. Now I'm confused...

so your saying I'd have to advance it 115 then? Because the rng reporter said 114, and the frame is 1?
I'm not sure what you meaning. But the formula for for how many journal flips you should do is:

((Target frame) - (frame of the legend ) - (number of roamers))/2

So if you release a roaming pokémon the number of journal flips will be (114-1-1)/2 = 56

If you don't wanna release any roamer it's best to find a another IV-spread that has a odd frame.

I'm not sure what you meaning. But the formula for for how many journal flips you should do is:

((Target frame) - (frame of the legend ) - (number of roamers))/2

So if you release a roaming pokémon the number of journal flips will be (114-1-1)/2 = 56

If you don't wanna release any roamer it's best to find a another IV-spread that has a odd frame.
thanks, that's what I was asking for. I don't have any pokemon roaming around right now.

Uh oh, looks like I missed something here... encounter slots? I was under the false impression that once I had a spread picked out, as long as I had my frames correct, it would assign those IVs to the next pokemon I encountered, whatever that may be. Now I'm confused...
why not just catch a magikarp instead?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Check the first page, a few posts down. You'll see the post.

What pokemon you encounter is determined by the random number generator.

When you target a specific frame the calls that determine which monster you will catch are fixed, right along with the ivs that are also fixed. So if you hit the same frame with the same same seed you will always get the same monster. Of the same level. Holding the same item.

Different frames, which may have the same ivs may yield a different monster.

I don't get it I have done everyting right when i started the game my standard frame was 9, but i haved to have 26. so i have done 8 pageflips to capture/defeated and one extra to a other page so that i would make my frame to 26. The delay that i must hit was 595 and i did so i did everything right but I still don't get the right IV's :S

I don't get it I have done everyting right when i started the game my standard frame was 9, but i haved to have 26. so i have done 8 pageflips to capture/defeated and one extra to a other page so that i would make my frame to 26. The delay that i must hit was 595 and i did so i did everything right but I still don't get the right IV's :S
No you didn't do everything right. 9 + 8x2 = 25, not 26. And " one extra to a other page so that i would make my frame to 26" makes no sense.

Ooh I see, but then I still should get this magikarp:

31/25/31/31/31/31, I have checked it into my timefinder.
Well, you don't always hit the right delay, and sometimes even seconds. Use the adjacent list to find out where you messed up, because RNG reporter isn't going to be wrong.

If I have a caught Pokemon and a recieved through trade Pokemon on the same journal page, will that do/mess up anything?

Edit: nvm

when i input my chansey's lv 100 stats in metal kids iv calculator i got at special attack IV 15-16 which one should i put in seed finder?

when i input my chansey's lv 100 stats in metal kids iv calculator i got at special attack IV 15-16 which one should i put in seed finder?
try both, and one shouldn't work and the other should. At least in my experiance.

can someone who's experianced in using the rng to catch shiny legendaries pm me with the whole process? I really don't understand it.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
try both, and one shouldn't work and the other should. At least in my experiance.

can someone who's experianced in using the rng to catch shiny legendaries pm me with the whole process? I really don't understand it.
Try asking a specific question.

Watch. The. Videos. On. The. First. Page.

mingot

free agent
Well, is it the same process as hatching shiny eggs, except with journal flips?
Again, try asking a specific question. And no, that's not a specific question. That's an "I have not read the first post, it looks long and scary" question :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)