Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1) FRAME question.. My frame seems to be alternating between 8 and 9 (when it was always 7 before), I just wanted to know what could be causing the sudden jumps and changes?

2) Also, on the Journal Flips, does Defeating a wild Pokemon count as advancing the Frame by 2?
3a) And how about battling a trainer? Examples:

3b) STARLY was defeated (LATE NIGHT).
3c) Beat Shelly at Route 209
Defeating a wild Pokemon does count as advancing the frame by 2 on the Journal Flips.
Battling a trainer has no effect whatsoever.

If your frame keeps jumping around, maybe do a re-save and see if you get a different frame. Possibly do a save where no NPCs are about to move. If not, I guess you should re-adjust your spreads to match the frame you are hitting now.

1) FRAME question.. My frame seems to be alternating between 8 and 9 (when it was always 7 before), I just wanted to know what could be causing the sudden jumps and changes?

2) Also, on the Journal Flips, does Defeating a wild Pokemon count as advancing the Frame by 2?
3a) And how about battling a trainer? Examples:

3b) STARLY was defeated (LATE NIGHT).
3c) Beat Shelly at Route 209

Don't know about frame changes, but mash a furiously and see if it goes back?

2. I believe defeating Pokemon advances the frame by two, not sure about trainers.

I have a question, i've seen the vid of bearsheardrums, but I don't get it. He has his min frame is 4, and max is 22. How does he know that his max frame is 22?

I have a question, i've seen the vid of bearsheardrums, but I don't get it. He has his min frame is 4, and max is 22. How does he know that his max frame is 22?
Not sure what video you're talking about but his max can be anything really that's a multiple of two with the current frame he has, so in reality you can have a min of 4 and a max of 100, but people tend to have lower max frames as flipping journal pages can be annoying.

Hey all, I'm wondering if what I'm doing is "correct" or not. I'm trying to get a shiny egg with the right nature, ability, and gender. Here's what I am doing:

Enter my desired info into RNG Reporter, which spits out a list of spreads within my delay range (635-647). Then I select a spread and set my DS clock to my synchronize time. Then turn on my DS, enter game world, and reset 14 seconds before my spread. Upon entering game world, I do my coin flips to verify my seconds/delay, which so far have not been matched. Then repeat.

Is this correct? And if so, is hitting my delay basically just luck? If so again, how long does it normally take people to hit their desired delay in this type of situation? Also, if I miss my delay, I can catch a pokemon to figure out how much I missed it by, right?

Thanks. :)

Hey all, I'm wondering if what I'm doing is "correct" or not. I'm trying to get a shiny egg with the right nature, ability, and gender. Here's what I am doing:

Enter my desired info into RNG Reporter, which spits out a list of spreads within my delay range (635-647). Then I select a spread and set my DS clock to my synchronize time. Then turn on my DS, enter game world, and reset 14 seconds before my spread. Upon entering game world, I do my coin flips to verify my seconds/delay, which so far have not been matched. Then repeat.

Is this correct? And if so, is hitting my delay basically just luck? If so again, how long does it normally take people to hit their desired delay in this type of situation? Also, if I miss my delay, I can catch a pokemon to figure out how much I missed it by, right?

Thanks. :)
Is this on the main page, or the Time Finder? Did you already save on your Shiny Egg?

EDIT: Thank you, Aroma! :D

Not sure what video you're talking about but his max can be anything really that's a multiple of two with the current frame he has, so in reality you can have a min of 4 and a max of 100, but people tend to have lower max frames as flipping journal pages can be annoying.
I am talking about this vid:

RNG Abuse for Eggs: Part 1 by Bearsfan092

In the beginning you see his frame of his togepi ( where he is talking about ) is 4, and his max 22. But how can you know what your'e max frame has to be?

He is just searching between frame 4 and 22 for a suitable spread - you can up this to whatever value you feel comfortable doing journal flips for or until you find a suitable spread. You can tick the "only search 1 frame" button to just search the MIN frame, and increase that value by 2 each time if you don't find what you are looking for.

He is just searching between frame 4 and 22 for a suitable spread - you can up this to whatever value you feel comfortable doing journal flips for or until you find a suitable spread. You can tick the "only search 1 frame" button to just search the MIN frame, and increase that value by 2 each time if you don't find what you are looking for.
Ah thanks now I get it

@ Diesel:

It's important that you first test what kind of a delay you normally get. 635 - 647 is a pretty large range for a shot in the dark; if you're hoping to randomly hit your desired target, you may never actually do so - that's why the calibration step in the first post is important.

I'm assuming you know how to test for your delay (refer to the first post if you're not sure), but it's imperative you find the delay that you hit the most. For example, when I test for my delay, I usually hit 621 out of a range of 619 - 625, so when I look for a spread I look for those with a delay of 621.

For me, since I know my delay range, it usually only takes me around five minutes to lock into a shiny egg if I get my timing right.

Help with the RNG calculator.

Sorry I'm making a whole thread dedicated to this, but I'm having trouble and I didn't get a clear-cut answer from the stickied thread.

To make it simple, I have an IV set I want to get for Heatran, one that lets me get HP Grass with a Rash Nature so I can Scarf it and whatnot. I found the spread in the Excel document, but I didn't find a frame. Is that the offset number? How do I find it?

I opened up the RNG calculator and I entered Method J. I saw that it let me input desired IVs and Natures and stuff... but when I hit generate it's not coming out. Just what exactly am I doing wrong?

When you enter the journal to do the flips does the count starts if the very first page has a captured pokemon on it or it starts when i flip to the second page and then back to the first?

I have a question about that burmy how fast i click it doesn't mather it walks always 1 step further does that effect my frame ?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Also, if I miss my delay, I can catch a pokemon to figure out how much I missed it by, right?
Yes, and this is key. You should always find out the delay and seconds you did get before the next reset. In 7.0 you might also use the adjacents feature in the seed to time dialog.

I opened up the RNG calculator and I entered Method J. I saw that it let me input desired IVs and Natures and stuff... but when I hit generate it's not coming out. Just what exactly am I doing wrong?
Did you enter the seed from the spreadsheet into RNG Reporter before hitting generate? Also, you will want to specify a nature of the synchronizer you will be using.

hi Mingot perhaps you know it because is see that you have made the Prng :) do you know or the burmy that walks around the daycare man effect your current frame ? Because how fast I click to that daycare man if i want to pick up my egg the burmy always walks like 1 step furder ?

I heard this, Im not sure from where but. I heard that there is a way to RNG for a shiny, through chaining Pokes, is this true?
As for now, you can't RNG abuse for shiny patches. You can get a shiny spread just like normally getting a wild shiny pokemon using sweet scent. The patch won't be shiny but the pokemon still will be, according to arael I believe.

@ Diesel:

It's important that you first test what kind of a delay you normally get. 635 - 647 is a pretty large range for a shot in the dark; if you're hoping to randomly hit your desired target, you may never actually do so - that's why the calibration step in the first post is important.

I'm assuming you know how to test for your delay (refer to the first post if you're not sure), but it's imperative you find the delay that you hit the most. For example, when I test for my delay, I usually hit 621 out of a range of 619 - 625, so when I look for a spread I look for those with a delay of 621.

For me, since I know my delay range, it usually only takes me around five minutes to lock into a shiny egg if I get my timing right.
I did the calibration, and came up with that range. I realize it's a bit large, but that's what I was best at hitting, so I went with that. For the seed I selected the delay I hit the most during my calibration testing (636, 14 seconds). I think maybe I should get better at hitting it exactly though?

Yes, and this is key. You should always find out the delay and seconds you did get before the next reset. In 7.0 you might also use the adjacents feature in the seed to time dialog.
Okay thanks, Mingot, I'll do this from now on.

Can anyone diagnose this problem?

I've already hit my initial seed, as the coin flip check matches.
My target frame is 1353
My monster frame is 4 (fishing for Gyarados)
My wandering frame is 1 (Mesprit)

So my # of journal flips is 674

I've done this about 3 times, and all 3 times, I've caught a different Gyarados, none of them the one I want. I'm on route 229, I don't move at all from when I enter the game, but I do have an Adamant Synchronizer fainted at the front of my party.

What am I doing wrong?

I have a problem with RNG during swarms. I am currently trying to catch a Shiny Natu at Route 224. (I do have the correct nature synchronizer)

So after I made sure I hit my initial seed correctly, I immediately use sweet scent and capture a pokemon to check the frame since I have made mistakes in this route in the past. For some reason, I find that I am on Frame 44. (I have no roamers) Applying that logic, I hit my initial seed again, complete 539 journal flips, and advance 1 step forward to reach my target frame at 1123. Although I did hit a spread that had the same iv spread/nature as my target and was shiny, it was a different encounter slot as my target frame. (not Natu) Before I try any more journal flips, can someone explain my problem?

edit: I found my problem, I thought the NPCs moved in a fixed pattern but apparently not

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Can anyone diagnose this problem?

I've already hit my initial seed, as the coin flip check matches.
My target frame is 1353
My monster frame is 4 (fishing for Gyarados)
My wandering frame is 1 (Mesprit)

So my # of journal flips is 674

I've done this about 3 times, and all 3 times, I've caught a different Gyarados, none of them the one I want. I'm on route 229, I don't move at all from when I enter the game, but I do have an Adamant Synchronizer fainted at the front of my party.

What am I doing wrong?
This looks right off the top of my head, but I am not sure if there are wandering NPCs in 229. I would double check all of this by catching a few Pokemon (fishing) as soon as you enter the game and ensuring that they are on frame 5.

I have a problem with RNG during swarms. I am currently trying to catch a Shiny Natu at Route 224. (I do have the correct nature synchronizer)

So after I made sure I hit my initial seed correctly, I immediately use sweet scent and capture a pokemon to check the frame since I have made mistakes in this route in the past. For some reason, I find that I am on Frame 44. (I have no roamers) Applying that logic, I hit my initial seed again, complete 539 journal flips, and advance 1 step forward to reach my target frame at 1123. Although I did hit a spread that had the same iv spread/nature as my target and was shiny, it was a different encounter slot as my target frame. (not Natu) Before I try any more journal flips, can someone explain my problem?
There is no way you're starting and catching something and it's on frame 44.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)