Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

In hindsight I was accidentally reading "Capturing perfect Pokemon" for some reason.
I just put the seed 690302C3 (Frame 43) (So I can get a timid deoxys with perfect non-atk IVs) into the Seed to Time and got:

Year: 2079 (01/01)
Time: 03:45:59
Delay: 628 (My most common result)

So now my Synchronize time would be 3:44:00
And my Reset time would be 3:45:45 (-14 seconds)
Is that correct?

Also since the Frame of the seed was 43, and that's Odd, the wondercard section says:
Keep in mind that odd spreads are going to be much easier to hit, as the directions that follow have the Journal pop up on game start and have you immediately collecting your gift after the Journal is canceled. This is done because the NPCs that wander inside of the Pokémart advance the RNG. Remember that Journal flips to pages with caught and captured Pokémon advance the RNG by two, so since we start at 1, the frame number will remain odd after each flip.

I don't understand, is it saying that I'm supposed to be on an odd frame because that's what the directions are assuming?
o_O

target frame - number of wandering Pokémon - 1.
Also, based on this, my frame will equal 42? (43-0-1) ? So that's 21 journal flips?

so all I should need to do is hit my delay (the 10 flips are T,H,T,H,H,T,H,T,T,T which is what I get when I put my seed into the RNG reporters Seed(hex) area) and then flip the journal 21 times to get the Special spread from the first page?
And does Synchronize work on wondercard otherwise it's really going to suck having to hit my delay ~50 times till I find a Timid/Modest and I probably will give up by then -___-

EDIT
now i'm confused how to check if i've hit my delay since the journal opens up before I can do the tosses and people might walk around and advance the RNG even more before i get done with the coin flips <.<

Quick Question. I would like to help my brother breed a shiny on his game. I already found his SID, but I was wondering, is it possible to trade after he finds a spread so that I may give him the proper parents?

Quick Question. I would like to help my brother breed a shiny on his game. I already found his SID, but I was wondering, is it possible to trade after he finds a spread so that I may give him the proper parents?
Going into a trade room or somewhere with wifi causes the RNG to shuffle or something, so no you can't give him the right parents.

Seed some monsters back to back in a quiet (like the water on the lakes) area and determine if the number of RNG calls between battles is a consistant 8. IE. Scent 10 Pokémon back to back. Note the method J frames of each one and report. Using a syncher here is probably not a good idea.

How would I go about doing this?

shininess is determined when the egg is made (when the guy turns to the right) but IVs are determined when you take the egg...so maybe, if the guy is facing right, the egg is a guaranteed shiny? I might be wrong, maybe if the rng is changed even after the shiny has been "made" it can "unshiny"
I'm no expert >.>

Also because I g2g soon and I really wanna do this tonight before I go battle mah brother 8D

I just put the seed 690302C3 (Frame 43)
(So I can get a timid deoxys with perfect non-atk IVs)
into the Seed to Time and got:

Year: 2079 (01/01)
Time: 03:45:59
Delay: 628 (My most common result)

So now my Synchronize time would be 3:44:00
And my Reset time would be 3:45:45 (-14 seconds)

Is that correct?

Also since the Frame of the seed was 43, and that's Odd, the wondercard section says:
Keep in mind that odd spreads are going to be much easier to hit, as the directions that follow have the Journal pop up on game start and have you immediately collecting your gift after the Journal is canceled. This is done because the NPCs that wander inside of the Pokémart advance the RNG. Remember that Journal flips to pages with caught and captured Pokémon advance the RNG by two, so since we start at 1, the frame number will remain odd after each flip.

I don't understand, is it saying that I'm supposed to be on an odd frame because that's what the directions are assuming?
o_O

target frame - number of wandering Pokémon - 1.
Also, based on this, my frame will equal 42?
(43-0-1) ?
So that's 21 journal flips?

so all I should need to do is hit my delay (the 10 flips are T,H,T,H,H,T,H,T,T,T which is what I get when I put my seed into the RNG reporters Seed(hex) area) and then flip the journal 21 times to get the Special spread from the first page?
And does Synchronize work on wondercard otherwise it's really going to suck having to hit my delay ~50 times till I find a Timid/Modest and I probably will give up by then -___-

EDIT
now i'm confused how to check if i've hit my delay since the journal opens up before I can do the tosses and people might walk around and advance the RNG even more before i get done with the coin flips <.<

Seed some monsters back to back in a quiet (like the water on the lakes) area and determine if the number of RNG calls between battles is a consistant 8. IE. Scent 10 Pokémon back to back. Note the method J frames of each one and report. Using a syncher here is probably not a good idea.

How would I go about doing this?
Pretty sure this does not need testing, and the number is 7 if you were to sweet scent I thought. 5 from the battle, 1 for the monsters, and 1 for sweet scent, if you understand what I mean.

Mendokuse - Wait till someone else helps you because I'm going to bed so I'm not mentioning everything / might miss some things.

wondercards are method 1 sorta. They have there own list where to generate, and the method 1 frame in wondercards is 2 frames higher. Synchers won't work.

I honestly have no idea what you are saying.

Or asking for.

The PID changes when?

Why are you trading shit back and forth from games?

What are you trying to accomplish?

The ONLY thing I can think of here where a PID would not be what you thought it was is the case where you select international parents and then get your SID/ID wrong AND RNG reporter reported it as shiny. It won't be the same PID you were expecting 75% (exactly, not an estimate) of the time.
*facepalm*
I may not be god at explaining things, but here is the most dumbed down version I can give without making it illegible.
I tested one egg in several situations. I used the seed to find a shiny egg with international parents for a different game (I double checked my ID/SID) and then did the taps/flips for it. The taps and flips were on the FIRST game, where I found my seed. I did it all perfectly, then made the egg, and saved before getting it.

AFTER SAVING, I exported a copy of the .sav file (this was on my flashcart btw) then loaded up the save, got the egg, saved again, checked the PID. It was the PID for the frame I needed... But for the wrong ID/SID. (E.G, I used ID/SID of 00000/00000, and the other game was 00001/00001. The frame needed to get a shiny on the second game - 00001/00001 - was 10. The PID on frame 10 of the first game - 00000/00000 - was what I ended up with after doing the taps and flips. So, that PID is set, and once traded to the second game -00001/00001 - the egg was not shiny (did not even appear shiny.) After I saw this, I knew what went wrong.)

After my first failure, I wanted to check I hadn't fucked up. So I loaded the .sav into pokesav, changed the ID/SID to the second games one (00001/00001 frm the example) and got the egg. Checked the PID, it matched the one I had wanted from the start. Traded it over, hatched the shiny.

Now, where can you either point out that I went wrong, considering I am the one suggesting that I had to find the target PID for the second game (00001/00001) on the first game (00001/00001). An exaple of this, is say the first games frame 10 had a PID of FFFFFF, and I wanted the frame 10 PID on the second game, which is FFFFFE. If I want the egg to hatch shiny, wouldn't I have to get the target PID (FFFFFE) on the first game? (It could be on frame 11 instead.)

Using this example, I should have to use taps/flips to get to frame 11 to get the desired PID, then collect it and trade it over, to hatch shiny on the recieving end.

(Note that Game one is Pearl, and Game two is Platinum, if that makes any difference. ButI am quite certain of what I did.)

Now, if I have a question, its this: If I should just be able to generate an egg for another game just by using the initial seed and the other games ID/SID... Where the hell did I go wrong? Once I changed the ID/SID of the first game to the target ID/SID, it came out as predicted! It was the ONLY change.

I really would like someone to show me proof this other way works btw.

Wichu

Kittens
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
International parents only work for the ID/SID of the game the egg is being made on. If you want to trade the egg, use non-international parents.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Now, if I have a question, its this: If I should just be able to generate an egg for another game just by using the initial seed and the other games ID/SID... Where the hell did I go wrong? Once I changed the ID/SID of the first game to the target ID/SID, it came out as predicted! It was the ONLY change.
You CANT do what you want to do with international parents. Period. (well it will work 25% of the time, but in those cases the international parents did not affect the PID, it was already going to be shiny).

When using international parents the game modifies each PID up to 4 times looking for something that is shiny. On the game where the egg is generated.

Putting in the wrong ID/SID (wrong meaning that it is not the ID/SID of the game where you will be getting the eggs) combined with international parents means that for 75% of the shiny frames the PID won't match what you thought it would.

In this part of the OP it says:

"Use any combination of these to advance the RNG. For even numbers it is recommended to use journal flips exclusively. Divide the number of RNG advances that are required and divide that number by 2 for the number of journal flips."

"For odd numbers the easiest method is to have an odd number of Pokémon in your party and walk 128 steps on tiles where there are no wild Pokémon. After this subtract the number of Pokémon in your party from the number of required RNG advances and then divide this number by 2 to get the number of journal flips that are required."

I was just wondering what the even and odd numbers are referring to.
In the steps before you calculated a number called "How many times I need to advance the rngs" the section you quoted is the "How do I advance the RNG" section ... So you are calculating how to advance the RNG by the number you came up with in the previous section.

Do it after your journal flips. I think the directions say this, no?

I don't understand how I would go about using RNG Reporter to SR for a Shiny/Perfect Darkrai on Monday... how can it be used to do so?

I don't understand how I would go about using RNG Reporter to SR for a Shiny/Perfect Darkrai on Monday... how can it be used to do so?
Okay, I will give you step by step directions:
1. Download RNG reporter
2. Enter your ID/SID
3. Read the OP.
4. Don't come back until you do.

Okay, I will give you step by step directions:
1. Download RNG reporter
2. Enter your ID/SID
3. Read the OP.
4. Don't come back until you do.

I already know how to work RNG Reporter, and have read the OP. I just have never actually tried to capture Pokémon, just breed. And now that I read the section on how to do so, I am confused about it.

I already know how to work RNG Reporter, and have read the OP. I just have never actually tried to capture Pokémon, just breed. And now that I read the section on how to do so, I am confused about it.
Broad questions like these will receive no help. We need specifics.

I have a quick question and i apologize ahead of time if it has already been answered. I am RNG abusing for a Mesprit and this concerns the formula for journal flips. Does the mesprit i am about to relaese become a roamer that is factored in in to the formula as -1 or does the formula only count roamers that you have relaesed prior to releasing mesprit. Thanks

I have a quick question and i apologize ahead of time if it has already been answered. I am RNG abusing for a Mesprit and this concerns the formula for journal flips. Does the mesprit i am about to relaese become a roamer that is factored in in to the formula as -1 or does the formula only count roamers that you have relaesed prior to releasing mesprit. Thanks
It doesn't count in the formula because it wasn't running when you talked to it.

You don't have to. I am just eliminating any chance of user error as best I can.
well, i tried adding those two ideas, sweet scent and standing in a patch of grass. I caught a lvl. 50 Machoke and a lvl. 51 Banette, it still didnt work. Let me ask this question, again this is only for DPPt Seed finder using the "Find initial seed by stats" tab, all of those who use the "Find initial seed by IV" tab. What IV calculator do you use for this? Because I also tried using this tab with Metalkids calc. and since it only gives a range or an idea of what IV's may be, the IVs I input won't work. So what should I do? And yes, all of my clocks are right.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
well, i tried adding those two ideas, sweet scent and standing in a patch of grass. I caught a lvl. 50 Machoke and a lvl. 51 Banette, it still didnt work. Let me ask this question, again this is only for DPPt Seed finder using the "Find initial seed by stats" tab, all of those who use the "Find initial seed by IV" tab. What IV calculator do you use for this? Because I also tried using this tab with Metalkids calc. and since it only gives a range or an idea of what IV's may be, the IVs I input won't work. So what should I do? And yes, all of my clocks are right.
Give me every single bit of information that you are entering into the intial seed finder by stats and additionally keep the Pokemon that you try to seed with.

Give me every single bit of information that you are entering into the intial seed finder by stats and additionally keep the Pokemon that you try to seed with.
I will do a new attempt right now, but I will also ask, is it possible my SID is wrong? On pokemonplatinum.net, there is a guy who said he could do it with his, I'm assuming AR, with a poke I am the OT for. Now, some have said this isn't an accurate way to check. But he has gotten about 5 other peoples, and they seem satisfied. Keep in mind, I have never caught a shiny, so I can't check that way.

mingot

free agent
I will do a new attempt right now, but I will also ask, is it possible my SID is wrong? On pokemonplatinum.net, there is a guy who said he could do it with his, I'm assuming AR, with a poke I am the OT for. Now, some have said this isn't an accurate way to check. But he has gotten about 5 other peoples, and they seem satisfied. Keep in mind, I have never caught a shiny, so I can't check that way.
Your sid is not taken into account when finding an initial seed. If someone can do it with an AR that will be fine and accurate as long as the person knows what they are doing.

Your sid is not taken into account when finding an initial seed. If someone can do it with an AR that will be fine and accurate as long as the person knows what they are doing.
Ok, i will try now

Ok, i will try now
So, I did everything the same and now I got one initial seed, but now at the bottom, where the offset box is, with the two selection buttons are, they are cut in half so I cant read what they say. Finally get one seed and I still have an issue

mingot

free agent
You really don't need them, but the issue is likely that you are running windows in a non-standard DPI. As long as you can press the OK button you are fine.

You really don't need them, but the issue is likely that you are running windows in a non-standard DPI. As long as you can press the OK button you are fine.
Now, I am not sure what made it work this time, unless there is chances where sometimes you dont get any seeds. As far as I can tell, my issue for now is resolved, I appreciate all those who helped. Just one general question, where is good, consistant lvl. 50+ spots? Route 227 works, but is there more spots?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)