Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my newest award, the Blue Arceus/Silver Arceus Award. It is an Arceus since Arceus is the Creator pokemon and thus this ribbon proves you are one of the greatest creators (spriters) in the multiverse.

C+C please.

Also, expect a Bronze Koffing themed trophy whenever I get around to it.
That looks awesome, to be honest. Although, there looks to be too much silver, try changing the face and/or ring colors to make them gold, while making the gems on the ring silver. I could see it lookin' good then.

I totally vote we use your trophies.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I might get a revamp right one day...

And how can you size down sprites without them being distorted in some way? I've tried Iaza for my Golduck Pixel Over but it doesn't work :(

Well, here is my WIP entry for the WSC.

Any C+C would be welcome. Something about it bothers me, but I can't put my finger on it...

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, here is my WIP entry for the WSC.

Any C+C would be welcome. Something about it bothers me, but I can't put my finger on it...
The shading on the torso is incorrect in comparison to the rest, and the squares have jagged and inconsistent outlines.

Working on a drifblim scratch :D

@Alchemator You can size down using GIMP I think (Don't actually use GIMP) Image > Resize > Nearest Neighbour or something to that effect - You can easily size up sprites without losing quality in Paint though

@Wombat You missed recolouring some of the shading on the head and I dunno about the bluey gas clouds, I think you'd be better off using the original Koffing colours. Also they don't really make any sense tbh

@Raikizen I actually liked it shorter .-. I say keep it short but make it's arms smaller but that's just me

My WSC Entry. Quiver in fear, everyone, since this sprite is made of awesome! (since my brother actually likes it!)

Feralibat is ready to whup arse. C+C please.

And here's Gold Ring Arceus.

Which do you guys like better?

Silver ring imo, the Gold Ring one stands out too much.

Feralibat indeed whups much arse. Only iffy about the eye colour though as you can't really tell it apart from the rest of the thing.

I had to zoom in 8x and squint to find something even remotely close to wrong.

okay, gotta cover the last page and this page... *sighs and cracks knuckles* (or, ones that have not been commented on would be easier lol)

@Wombat !! A wild Yanduck! Must... capture... because it is so... awesome...
ahem! Anyway, nice work. And great job on the Igglyspheal line. I am quite partial to the Wigglytuff... those tusks are fierce. However, the igglyspheal's shading looks a bit too dark. The bottom part of the pink part should be the darker pink, and the middle part should be the medium shade. (when my mouse works right, a jigglyduck will appear!)

@Alchemator, The tail on your revamp is not separated from the wing...I wish there was a better way to word that. Add a line in between the tail and wing. Otherwise, nice revamp.
About the drifblim... er... I'll get to that later.

@XAndZero, ...that is just damn incredible. Both the Ferlitoxic and Gold Ring Arceus... damn, I'd be hard pressed to find anything wrong with either of them.

WS6 entry.

C+C please.
The only thing I can say is either move Wobbuffet's main body back a bit, or move the tentacles forward some. Right now he looks really unbalanced. This may just be me though. Also: Maybe make the head fin more prominant?

And here's my third revision for Poison - Swaboffet.

Took Agaki's advice and shortened it and the arms again. Also added in the tail.

can someone tell me how do you make a sprites backround transparent?

Idk where else to ask this, sry if i posted it in the wrong place

Not entering the WSC this week. ;_; The theme is seriously not in my vein of expertise.

New Buizel-Dex entry: Buipix.

All together now: awwww.

@X- The Arceus medals look seriously amazing. I've got no nitpicks.

@Alch- Um...I'll be brutally honest, comrade. It is fairly catastrophic. First tries usually are, though. To fix all of your other problems, I'd recommend re-working the lineart first. It's very jagged, inconsistent, and...well, disproportionate? Try pixeling-over an existing picture of Driftblim for a feel of it.

One of the better scratchers should be more helpful than me, though. ^_^

can someone tell me how do you make a sprites backround transparent?

Idk where else to ask this, sry if i posted it in the wrong place
A thread all about spriting, you picked the right place. Since I use paint.NET it automatically makes the backgrounds transperant. For others though, I hear www.iaza.com that this a good site. I think Wombat and a few others you it, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)