Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the type items and plates give an identical 20% boost (ex Charcoal = Flame Plate).

Muscle Band and Wise Glasses are a 10% boost.
I guess smogon's charcoal page has a typo then. Sorry for answering without doing a more thorough check - I was confident (albeit wrong it seems) that plates gave a better boost.

Why is Wynaut listed as uber? Wobbuffet was OU last year and Wynaut isn't nearly as useful as Wobbuffet.
Most of the time, if a fully evolved Pokemon is in a certain tier, than the pre-evolved forms are considered in that tier as well.

How do you tell if a pokemon is hacked?
You can get it hack checked (I'm not sure how to do that exactly) but if you see that the Pokemon has a weird Ability/Moves, was caught somewhere it can't be caught, was hatched and is legendary, etc. then it would be hacked.

I just wanted to check that these calculations were right, as I can't find them on site (sirry if they are somewhere):

((((BSN+5)+EV)+IV)XMod)

Is for figuring out what number you will get when you put EVs, Ivs and Natures in relation to the BSN. You take the Base Stat Number, add 5. The add EV (0-63), IVs (0-31) and times by Mod (0.9 if negative nature, 1 if nuetral, 1.1 if positive)

(((BSN+110)+EV)+IV)

Is for exactly the same thing, except for HP.

However, I know of the "Stat Jumps" which are a point were certain BSN's will get an extra point at a certain amount of EVs. Is there any way I could add that in?

EDIT:
Most of the time, if a fully evolved Pokemon is in a certain tier, than the pre-evolved forms are considered in that tier as well.
Wrong. Think about Chansey, all the LC Pokemon, adn things like that. Wynaut is Uber because of it's ability, although I'm seriously doubting its postion there.

Edit2: Did Smogon even test Wynaut when they banned it to Uber?

I just wanted to check that these calculations were right, as I can't find them on site (sirry if they are somewhere):

((((BSN+5)+EV)+IV)XMod)

Is for figuring out what number you will get when you put EVs, Ivs and Natures in relation to the BSN. You take the Base Stat Number, add 5. The add EV (0-63), IVs (0-31) and times by Mod (0.9 if negative nature, 1 if nuetral, 1.1 if positive)

(((BSN+110)+EV)+IV)

Is for exactly the same thing, except for HP.

However, I know of the "Stat Jumps" which are a point were certain BSN's will get an extra point at a certain amount of EVs. Is there any way I could add that in?
for all stats not HP
(((Base * 2 + IV + (EV/4)) * Level / 100 + 5) * Nature
and for HP
(((Base * 2 + IV + (EV/4)) * Level / 100 + Level + 10)
(http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/stats)

iirc stat jumps were due to natures giving that extra one point, but I'm not so sure about that part.

I'm looking for some opinions about how to EV this:

Dratini / Adamant
ExtremeSpeed
Dragon Dance

Moveset would be appreciated as well :)

If I have a perfect ditto and a random pokemon, how do I iv breed? No complicated stuff because I've already read all that and don't understand.

I don't know about that.. Most of the Pokemon I see that are pre-evolutions of OU/UU Pokemon are listed in the NFE tier. That includes Haunter, Electabuzz, Sneasel, Gabite, Gible, etc. There are some Pokemon like Scyther/Chansey/Pikachu/Trapinch that go to the UU/NU tier, but the tier seems to still be different than what their evolution is in (Besides Pikachu, but that's only because Raichu and Pikachu are both NU). Wynaut seems like the only pre-evolution that is listed in the same tier as it's evolved form (Again, that excludes Pikachu and anything I might have forgotten about).

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Why is Wynaut listed as uber? Wobbuffet was OU last year and Wynaut isn't nearly as useful as Wobbuffet.
Wynaut is uber because of Shadow Tag. That and a combination of Encore and Tickle can basically take down any wall in the game with Pursuit afterwards (even if it's a bit too frail for that to happen, you don't need that many Tickles).

Lets Look at Wynaut though. Machamps HP with Diglets Defences. Yeah, right. It would have to have a Focus Sash. The only thing it could possibly stop is Walls, but even then, Blissey 4HKOs. Wynaut is so not an Uber.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Lets Look at Wynaut though. Machamps HP with Diglets Defences. Yeah, right. It would have to have a Focus Sash. The only thing it could possibly stop is Walls, but even then, Blissey 4HKOs. Wynaut is so not an Uber.
Yeah, just for that. Take a look at this thread for further informations.

here's an intresting question, do attack reducing berries (let's use Chopple berry as an example.) kick in on any pokemon when a fighting pokemon is used on it? or only a pokemon that is weak to fighting attacks.

i'm doing some experimenting and am curious to know if it works.

also when does that whole voting thing end? i'm anxious to see what happens to the tier list.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
here's an intresting question, do attack reducing berries (let's use Chopple berry as an example.) kick in on any pokemon when a fighting pokemon is used on it? or only a pokemon that is weak to fighting attacks.

i'm doing some experimenting and am curious to know if it works.

also when does that whole voting thing end? i'm anxious to see what happens to the tier list.
Only when a Pokémon is super effective against that type of move.

Currently, Smogon is in the process of confirming voters. The actual voting of the three suspects has not started yet.

Except for Chilan Berries, those activate when you get hit by a Normal attack, as there are no Pokemon weak to Normal-attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)