Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Can someone help me make a Vileplume moveset?... I like the new addition of teeter dance and I feel that with stun spore, a competitive moveset could be made--Vileplume got Swagger before but Teeter Dance like Confuse Ray is a much less risky option...

So... Stun Spore, Teeter Dance, and...?
I see no reasons to not run sleep powder, so: stun spore, teeter dance, grass knot\energy ball, sleep powder. Also, moveset and EV spread depend on which tier you plan on using it. If you're going to try it in OU, then you might want to find a spot for HP fire, so Scizor and steel types in general won't be switching on you almost for free, but anyway, you should keep sleep powder as it's Vileplume most useful support move. The EV spread could be a standard bold, 252 HP \ 252 Def \ 4 SpD or the suggested: 244 HP / 136 Def / 128 SpD , but if you use it in OU and decide to run HP fire, then you might want to run at least 68 Spe EVs to ouspeed Scizor, so: 252 HP \ 168 Def \ 68 Spe.

If you have another sleeper, then ditching Sleep Powder from Vileplume might make sense. The thing is that sleeping most Pokemon is almost as good as OHKOing them - they're rendered useless. Being able to shut down most any Pokemon you can either outspeed or survive the hit from is A Good Thing.

I've come across a weird situation with a wild Machoke. With the intention of using Metalkid's IV calculator, I was leveling up some freshly hatched Smeargle. Since I accidentally released my Exp.Share earlier today, I was forced to do the "switch out" method of training week Pokemon. Suffice to say I was leading with a L1 Smeargle. I went from the IV man at the Battle Frontier through the Fight Area to Route 225. I ran around in the grass until I encountered a wild Machoke. From that point, this is what happened:

Turn 1
Level 1 Smeargle vs. Level 48 (?) Machoke
Smeargle switched to Alom (Level 79 Altaria)
Machoke used Scary Face, Altaria's speed harshly fell

Turn 2
Altaria flew up high! (First stage of Fly)
Machoke used Scary Face, Altaria's Speed harshly fell

Turn 3
Machoke used Wake up Slap (Altaria's health bar goes down a slight bit)
Altaria used Fly!
Wild Machoke fainted! Smeargle gained #@ experience!

What's in italics points out what I found weird about this fight. Two of Machoke's moves hit my Altaria, even though he was in the "invulnerable" part of the move Fly. What is the reason for this?

Some extra information:
This is in Platinum, probably a later copy
The Smeargle was holding a Lucky Egg
The animations for Wake-up-slap and Scary Face played, but the Altaria sprite was missing
I haven't used AR on my game or DS

Edit: Thank you Naxte! I didn't know No Guard hit through Fly.

Thanks.
Does a pokemon loses its focus when using focus punch when not losing life but still being attacked by a damage attack (like endeavor / false swipe)?

If an egg move is taught to a pokemon with the action replay... is there anyway to tell?
My friend traded me a Roserade with Leaf Storm and Sleep Powder and he says he doesn't remember whether or not he hacked the egg moves onto it... wha do I do?

How can I teach hypno wish? The smogon dex says hypo learns it via nypc, but on which version?
It was an event, and good luck getting one, a legit wish event is one of the rarest events on the market.

What is this berry juice I've been hearing a lot of?
When you give a Shuckle a Oran Berry, then wait a while, you will get a berry juice, which heals 20hp, rather than 10hp. Also, if you wait even longer, you can get a rare candy.

How can I teach hypno wish? The smogon dex says hypo learns it via nypc, but on which version?
You can't. NYPC stands for New York Pokemon Centre, and means Wish Hypno was given away in a special event (like Wish Blissey). The only way you can get a legit Wish Hypno is to trade for one - though I don't know if anybody has them.

What is this berry juice I've been hearing a lot of?
Restores 20HP. It was at one point used in Little Cup, before being banned.
Give an Oran Berry to a Shuckle, keep it in your party for a while, and it will eventually turn into Berry Juice. (Leave it even longer and it turns into a Rare Candy)

(Leave it even longer and it turns into a Rare Candy)
Do you know how long from Oran Berry to Rare Candy? I personally have several Pokémon with Pickup ability and sort of have a uncommon income of Rarecandies. Will switch to team Shuckles if they produce Rarecandies faster.

It was at one point used in Little Cup, before being banned.
Hmm? As far as I know, Berry Juice can't be used by Pokémon automatically, so how was it used in Little Cup? Or am I wrong about that?

Edit:
Smogon's Description said:
Berry Juice

When used, it restores 20 HP to one selected Pokémon. One-time use. Cannot be used in Wi-Fi or Link battles.

Hmm? As far as I know, Berry Juice can't be used by Pokémon automatically, so how was it used in Little Cup? Or am I wrong about that?
According to Bulbapedia you're right, it can't be automatically used. Maybe Shoddy is bugged in that respect?

can someone please link me the thread where you ask for pokemon?

I really need the toysrus arceus, a legit mew and deoxys unless someone has them? I dont care about stats. (i dont know what to give you....maybe a tm or 2?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)