Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm RNGing on emerald for a feebas and I've made to attempts so far. The first time the feebas came up with a method 2 spread but the second time it came with a method 1 spread after i got the exact IVs. So my question is does feebas alternate between method 1 and 2 or is it method 1 because I'm confused on this and would like to know before continuing. Thank you for assistance

A step or turn in an area (route, cave, whatever) with wild pokemon will advance the RNG by one. The 128 step counter applies everywhere, however. So basically the best way to advance the RNG in the wild is simply turning, rather than taking steps.

Also, Spiritomb is method J for those who were discussing it. It's pretty much the same as Rotom or any other stationary legend.
Ok thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to calculate the monster frame. Just spent an hour biking around for no reason! Ahh...

So the monster frame is 1. 2,140(target frame) - 1(monster frame) - 0(wandering pokemon) = 2,139. So I should be able to flip my journal twice(page with captured pokemon) to advance by 4, then walk 54,656 steps, right?

I'm fairly new to shiny egg breeding but, is setting the Ivs at the top of the rng reporter to ==31 a way for the egg to get 31 ivs in that stat. And if it is then is it fairly rare to get 31 ivs in that stat?

Quick question to any VBA emerald abusers out there:

When running VBA at modified speeds, how does one exactly check the current frame when abusing IV's on eggs?

I am trying IV abuse on an egg that I have with the Daycare man. It is an adamant Riolu with Inner Focus. I have two questions:

I was trying to hit an odd delay, and I couldn't seem to hit any odd delays at all. Every time I tried I could only hit evens. So, I put Sapphire version into the GBA slot, but I have still been getting exclusively even delays. What gives?

Also, the more important question... I am trying to redo the frame calibration part because I am unsure of what frame I am on. But this takes forever, since I have to level Riolu up to 50 and that takes forever! I can't battle other pokes because I don't want to keep track of EVs, and I only have 8 rare candies. I want to go to the battle tower to win more, which means I will have to save. If I save there, will I mess up the nature and ability of my egg?

I am trying IV abuse on an egg that I have with the Daycare man. It is an adamant Riolu with Inner Focus. I have two questions:

I was trying to hit an odd delay, and I couldn't seem to hit any odd delays at all. Every time I tried I could only hit evens. So, I put Sapphire version into the GBA slot, but I have still been getting exclusively even delays. What gives?
Well, I've never confirmed this with anyone, but this seems to happen when you don't have Pal Park enabled. Check that first. I've also had this issue on flash carts.

Also, the more important question... I am trying to redo the frame calibration part because I am unsure of what frame I am on. But this takes forever, since I have to level Riolu up to 50 and that takes forever! I can't battle other pokes because I don't want to keep track of EVs, and I only have 8 rare candies. I want to go to the battle tower to win more, which means I will have to save. If I save there, will I mess up the nature and ability of my egg?
It's generally advised that you have a non-wifi way of checking IV's before embarking on the RNG quest. You should leave the egg in possession of the day care man, go to the BT, then win some rare candies, then resume what you are doing. Do not save after you get the egg
Comments in bold. My earlier Emerald RNG abuse question still stands.

I put this in Simple Questions, but it should probably go here as well:

I am looking for people to help me improve my RNG Program, JavaRNG. Slight knowledge of how to abuse and hit higher delays is needed. If you would like to download it, use it (preferably to actually catch something), and tell me what you think, I will reward with pokemon from my thread.

Download is in my sig and the guide is here. PM or VM me if you are interested!

I have a question about hatching perfect pokemon.
One of the steps is:
Reset your game, and then immediately cancel the Journal and collect the egg. Remember to speak to the Daycare man as quickly as you can as the frame starts to increase as soon as the Journal is canceled.
Encounter a wild Pokémon as quickly as possible."

Exactly how quickly does it have to be? Can I fly to the resort area and get a high level magikarp, so I don't have to spend time leveling?

Hai everyone!
I have a quick question. Is the Manaphy egg a regular Wondercard or is their something special about it?

Anyone have some answers?
It's very weird.
I am trying to get IVs on a Careful Eevee.
The IVs aren't showing up in adjacent results even though I think I am doing everything correctly.
Sometimes this happens to me, and then I try again the next day and it works. why???3

Exactly how quickly does it have to be? Can I fly to the resort area and get a high level magikarp, so I don't have to spend time leveling?
I've been told that doing so is perfectly fine. I'm still frame calibrating, and flying to the resort area is exactly what I do after I pick up the egg; I have yet to get any wonky numbers because of it.

Is it possible to RNG abuse a Darkrai that I used the tweaking glitch too get too?
I wouldn't be able to catch a Pokemon, as I would be on the island... So I'm not really sure.

And I'm using Diamond, so I wouldn't have to RNG the key item from the event.

For those who don't know what the tweaking glitch is, think of it as the walk through walls cheat, but you can't see where you are, and it's risky

Darkrai is the same as any other stationary legend, with the item or without. I don't know what you mean about needing to catch a pokemon though. You should be checking your seed with coin flips.

When PokeRadaring will the same Pokemon appear everytime on the same Seed/Frame? Everytime i walk X Steps to one Patch its the Same Pokemon everytime......

I have a question about delays.
I am currently IV abusing eggs and I know delays are 60 x # of seconds. My second is 14 and I have a delays from 592-608.
Im currently going for a jolly redi smergale with 31/31/31/31/31/31

Let say that I saved in frame 1 and my target from is 21 and the delay of my target frame is 603 or 604. Is there a gurantee way to hit the delay or is it a matter of luck? I have been either a little high or low my target delay.

I already IV abuse a few other eggs but the smeragle is giving me problems.

This journal pages also advance the RNG right?
pokemon caught late night
pokemon defeated in evening
and vice versa

Steve, I'm not totally sure about this but I believe that for each seed, if you radar right away the pokemon is set no matter what frame you use (for sparkling patches anyways, when I used a regular patch the pokemon always matched the encounter slot of the frame I got). I say this because I tried doing it with a slowpoke, and tried 6 different frames or so and got a bidoof every time, even though they were different encounter slots. I think it would change if you did something like take a step or maybe turn before radaring. It would take some experimenting though to find out for sure.

Edit: DarkChaos - The delay is simply the amount of time between resetting and pressing A on the continue screen. It's basically luck/timing and consistency. I usually don't have to reset more than 5 times or so before I hit my delay for breeding. If I'm using emloop (captures) I usually can hit my delay about 50% of the time.

Steve, I'm not totally sure about this but I believe that for each seed, if you radar right away the pokemon is set no matter what frame you use (for sparkling patches anyways, when I used a regular patch the pokemon always matched the encounter slot of the frame I got). I say this because I tried doing it with a slowpoke, and tried 6 different frames or so and got a bidoof every time, even though they were different encounter slots. I think it would change if you did something like take a step or maybe turn before radaring. It would take some experimenting though to find out for sure.
Yeah ive been taking steps everytime because where i saved no Sprakly Patches Show up, and im PokeRadaring Togepi which is PokeRadar only.
And everytime i take 2 Turn+Steps and BellSprout appears so i just jkept trying different amount of steps and still no Togepi :(
EDIT: Should i Resave and try a different spot?

You could do that but I'm not sure if it would help or not. In the instance I was talking about I tried saving in multiple places and had the same results. I asked Shawk about it (he had done the same method with radar pokemon) and he said he never had that happen, so I don't really know what causes it or what can change it. Like I said, you may just have to do your own research to figure it out, because there's not a lot of in-depth info for pokeradar abuse.

I have a quick question. I have seen pokemon in trade threads that have been RNG'd for their Shininess, then continually soft-reset for good IV's. How is this possible? Aren't egg's IV's set once you take the egg? :S

I have a quick question. I have seen pokemon in trade threads that have been RNG'd for their Shininess, then continually soft-reset for good IV's. How is this possible? Aren't egg's IV's set once you take the egg? :S
The IV's of the Egg are generated as soon as you talk to the Daycare Man and collect the Egg, so first you can RNG Abuse Shinyness/Nature/Ability then RNG Abuse the IV's or SR for good ones :)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The gender\nature\shininess of the Pokemon is set once the Day Care Man is holding an egg, but the IVs are only set when you take it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)