Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer Discussion

i got a 6in1 semtex on highrise today - i wish i had a capture card. I've been having a lot of success with this class:

Ump silenced
any secondary (usp silenced)

Marathon
Hardline
Commando

Semtex
Stuns

Killstreaks: Predator/Harrier/Pave Low

This set is amazing in Ground War right from the off of the match. Marathon allows you to run into the enemy spawn and start doing some work with the UMP, the best smg in the game, which does not require stopping power which allows you to use the other red perks, hardline my favourite to get air support quickly. Semtex is nice for clearing the flags in domination and the killstreaks are chosen so minimum time is spent on a laptop but kills are still obtained. The Harrier Pave Low combo is excellent ensuring that outside is out of bounds to those without cold blooded.

Today i went 53-7 with this class and ive gone no lower than 2:1 since using it, i urge you to give it ago.

MW2 is a great game but I actually just use it when iam bored of Halo 3 lol.
Anyways ingame I really like the Tar + raffica but in my opinion it depends on the map i play which weapons i use d:

And i always have a backup class for chopper, harrier etc. The Killstreaks are kinda overpowered

Still going for a nuke, and im still getting 24 killstreaks, and other unfortunate situations that result in me not getting a nuke. Anyways been using akimbo P90s and with lightweight, steady aim, and Marathon this is just about the best close range class ever, although a little inaccurate.

EDIT: just got my first nuke on Terminal shortly after posting this. Two matches later I got my second nuke this time on rundown, 44-1, it was fun.

Still going for a nuke, and im still getting 24 killstreaks, and other unfortunate situations that result in me not getting a nuke. Anyways been using akimbo P90s and with lightweight, steady aim, and Marathon this is just about the best close range class ever, although a little inaccurate.

EDIT: just got my first nuke on Terminal shortly after posting this. Two matches later I got my second nuke this time on rundown, 44-1, it was fun.
I was having the same problem today, the closest ive gotten was a 23 kill streak which i got with a tactical knife, with lightweight, ninja pro, commando pro and holding a care package (speed glitch). It was suprisingly amazing.

I had a god shot today on Wasteland. Whenever I start wasteland I always start with a noobtube class and then switch to sniper, and I always fire a grenade at the opposite side of the stage right at the beginning of the match. Well this time it hit. I haven't had such a good feeling as starting a match with a 4 man multi-kill in quite some time as far as cod goes.

EDIT: 3rd nuke today, once again on rundown. Rundown domination is the easiest map/ game mode for getting a nuke i've encountered so far.
Anyways three down two to go.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
New favorite class:
acr w/masterkey
tmp w/highcapmags
semtex
flash
scavenger
hardline/stopping power
steady aim/scrambler
uav/counter uav/harriers

This set is just so much fun, I have yet to go negative with it. The tmp needs more love, I've had countless people start bitching at me for using it after a couple of minutes. I've been using it mostly in free for all, for some reason I just do so much better in free for all. Counter uav is really useful when people start rushing at me. hence the scrambler, but steady aim is just to good on the masterkey imo.

I was having the same problem today, the closest ive gotten was a 23 kill streak which i got with a tactical knife, with lightweight, ninja pro, commando pro and holding a care package (speed glitch). It was suprisingly amazing.
Arent ninja pro and commando pro both perk 3s?

Anyways my favotite class is:

Scar-H with Holographic and Fmj
forgot the name of my secondary weapon
semtex
flash grenades
bling pro
stopping power pro
commando pro
painkiller
uav/sentrygun/harrier

All i can say is care package glitch. And with that the game is ruined.

Me and my friend are going to try and do a 24 hr session any time now. It will be interesting to see if we can prestige in one day and it should be pretty fun. Your welcome to join us, ill notify you when we do it. BTW im 1st prestige level 38 atm.

All i can say is care package glitch. And with that the game is ruined.
Amen.

Every match I go onto there's some gimp doing it. How getting 4 kills and then sitting around while your Harrier/Pave Low wins the match is anyone's idea of fun is beyond me.

What makes me laugh is how long they take to get their first Care Package sometimes. I've been on TDM with 3 minutes left and then they get it. I guess, if they're that bad I'll let them off :P

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
hahaha. I was doing care package glitch first day it was publicized. About 30 emergencies in one match, and people were so confused.

:D

oh yes, and I have stopped at the end of my fifth prestige. Going for every camo for every gun. Wish me luck guys

I really haven't seen the glitch that much and it should be fixed soon hopefully within the week. At least it isn't like some games where it takes months to get these things fixed after its known...

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I dont see how it is a glitch though lol. I mean... its kinda logic that if you are holding a little grenade that weighs nothing you will run much faster than if you hold a fat ass gun lol

I dont see how it is a glitch though lol. I mean... its kinda logic that if you are holding a little grenade that weighs nothing you will run much faster than if you hold a fat ass gun lol
That's not the Care Package glitch, that's called Care Package knifing (that looks like it's spelled incorrectly for some reason 0_o). The glitch is a trick that enables the user to throw an infinite number of care packages after they have obtained one. When the first is thrown, another appears in the user's hand if the glitch is performed properly. This can also be done with Emergency Airdrops for more killstreak bonuses with each throw.

I haven't seen this care package glitch (as with almost every glitch I hear about) on the PS3 version.

Anyways I was just playing a casual game of Ground War Domination on Afghan, I was using a generic Sleight of Hand, stopping power, and Steady aim, Barret sniper class. Tons of sniping, 2 harriers, 2 chopper gunners, and 1 nuke later I'm sitting at 59-7 with everyone in the game asking how the fuck that just happened. It's a good feeling.

Anyways 4th nuke down, 1 to go.

EDIT: confirming care package glitch for the PS3 version as well, this needs to be patched soon.

Just got this game for christmas, and its my first CoD, so I'm pretty much a noob.
The class I use is great though; it got me a 24 kill streak.

FAL w/ ACOG
magnum w/ tactical knife
semtex + stun
marathon pro
lightweight pro
commando pro
predator missle, harriers, chopper gunner

As for the maps, afghan, terminal, and underpass would have to be my favorites

All I have to say is P90 + Akimbo= Broken.

But honestly, it is just ridiculous how good P90 Akimbo is. With Steady Aim, it gets rid of its accuracy problem. With Bling and Rapid Fire it takes its already incredible fire-rate and makes it flat out insane. I absolutely love P90 Akimbo.

gawd damn the vector is fun. ive decided high fire rate is the way to go in this game even though it runs out of ammo alot. hrmm :|

i think my highest kill streak so far is somewhere around a 9? don't remember it exactly, but i'm still getting better eh

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
That's not the Care Package glitch, that's called Care Package knifing (that looks like it's spelled incorrectly for some reason 0_o). The glitch is a trick that enables the user to throw an infinite number of care packages after they have obtained one. When the first is thrown, another appears in the user's hand if the glitch is performed properly. This can also be done with Emergency Airdrops for more killstreak bonuses with each throw.
Yeah, a friend recorded one of these in his cell phone and showed me, thats pretty damn ridiculous, and not only that, but he gets infinite ammo with it too =/

I got bored with getting a nuke every 3-4 Ground War/Domination games (Team Deathmatch is over when I'm at 23-0 usually), so all I really play now is Hardcore S&D, or what I call Counter-Strike Mode. It's great fun when you have a team willing to work together, but can be painful at times.

I actually think the nuke is extremely overated. When I first got the game I thought 25 kills would be a lot, considering in cod 4 it wasnt often somebody got that high of a ks. Now its just simple: get a 7 ks, maybe get a kill or two while you go to a safe spot, put up the harrier get the CG and you basically got the nuke. Especially in game modes like demolition/domination where the games are long, im all about the W's now forget nukes =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)