Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer Discussion

Latest patch:

- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
- Fix for "infinite care package" exploit.
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
- Improved player collision removing cases of getting into geometry and 'elevators'.
- Mouse latency tweaks for more mouse movement consistency. (PC-ONLY)
- Fixes to prevent various texture (PC-ONLY) and XP hacks.
Source(s):

straight from the IW forum

Copy and pasted this straight from another site, but looks right.

EDIT: My brother who has a 360 says this patch didn't happen for him yet, so I guess its only on the PS3 version so far, im sure it will hit the 360 very soon.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
got the ACR last night, and its really living up to my expectations. Currently i use:

ACR w/ RDS
SPAS-12 w/ Grip
Semtex, Flashbang
Scavenger pro
Stopping power Pro
Ninja Pro

It's range and accuracy is simply unbelievable. I would be outsniping snipers and such. Only downside is the relatively weak power :(. Otherwise this thing would be like the only gun to use. What are you guys' favorite ACR sets? What about like a cold-blooded one with silencer, or does that lack of stopping power really kill it?

Also had a lot of success with the RPD. I went 54-5 in one demolition match with 3 AC130s with that gun :)

LMG's in general are pretty powerful I started using L86 with this set:

L86 LSW w/ Grip & Holo
M93 w/ RDS & silencer
Claymore
Bling pro
Cold Blooded pro
Ninja Pro

This set is pretty nice especially on HC its good for long range and a beast in close combat. The grip and holographic sight are really a must though otherwise aiming is tough.

Also I know many people who live by the ACR but its to weak for my liking.

my two favorite classes:

Vector ext. mags
G18 akimbo
claymore/stun grenade
scavenger
stopping power
steady aim
final stand

P90 red dot
.44magnum tactical knife
throwing knife/flash grenade
marathon
lightweight
commando
painkiller

ive gotten pretty good with the throwing knife, it's definitely the most satisfying way to get a kill. always try to end free for alls with it, it adds some extra embarrassment to the people on the other end of my knife. my k/d is 1.05 which is just average, but it's really hard to get it to go up now because i have around 30,000 kills.

Im first prestige around level 60. The game's really fun but the care package glitch needs to be patched (on 360). My favorite guns are probably the UMP, Barret, RPD, ACR, and M16. Favorite Sidearms are Magnum with tactical knife, Spas-12, and the Raffika.

I've really gotten into Sniping this week. Quick Scoping is real fun.

Haha, 'Quick Scoping'. Socom was by far the best sniping (shooter i'd argue) game ever.

Anyways, I'm kind of getting upset that I can shoot a dude point blank with the Barret and he doesn't die... Then again I should just play Hardcore mode(s).

They really need to patch the 360, the Care Package Glitches (both of them) are really starting to tick me off. I've cut down my game time considerably this week due to it as every game I be in someone is either doing one of the Care Package Glitches or running around with Forgrip Spaz or Bling 1887's. I'm actually surprised with the lack of OMA/DC Class I thought that would've caught on alot more than it did.

Haha, 'Quick Scoping'. Socom was by far the best sniping (shooter i'd argue) game ever.

Anyways, I'm kind of getting upset that I can shoot a dude point blank with the Barret and he doesn't die... Then again I should just play Hardcore mode(s).
I'm not really a fan of non-futuristic shooters but I remember loving my socom game. Too bad my tv sucked so much that some levels were just too dark to play.
Last CoD game I played was on the Wii. Horrible gameplay imo.

I actually think lightweight/Marathon/Commando kill this game somewhat. In cod 4 if you wanted to sprint longer (but not unlimited), you had to use up your third perk spot for it. Everybody had the same speed, so no bs lightweight was in it, and commando is just retarded (nobody has a realistic stretch armstrong ability). Im also not bitching either, because I dont have the biggest problem with it. I just think they messed up great ideas by putting in too much cheezy stuff to help out newer players

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, MLC Knifing gets annoying at times.

BTW, what gametype do most of you play? I mainly play Ground War, sometimes (Mercenery)Team Deathmatch.

BTW, what gametype do most of you play? I mainly play Ground War, sometimes (Mercenery)Team Deathmatch.
Pretty much this.

Anyways decided that since my stack of games that need to be played that I own has hit around 14, its time to lay of the COD and get to those games. Anyways I still play when i'm bored and don't have time to play other games, and lately i've just been playing with the spas and intervention (on separate classes) spas on close range maps, and intervention on long range, and it works surprisingly well, mainly because I play ruthlessly without thinking of my kd or anything, just killing as many people as possible.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
ok so I have fall on my acr, scar-h, m21, mp5k, ump45, and famas. What fall guns do you guys have?

Im like 70 kills away from fall on the UMP-45 but I'm prestiging once I hit level 70.

I'm so ready for the care package glitch to get fixed.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It seems that the Holographic Sight has some effects with some guns, like increased power on the FAL and more accuracy on the M16, whether they are intentional or not. Are there any other guns that are affected like this? Also, what do you like like running as your ACR set?

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
I like:

ACR RDS/Suppressed
SPAS Grip/RDS
Frag
Stun
Bling
Stopping Power
Ninja

Works oddly well.

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
The ACR is good.I used to think it was bad, then I tried it and found that it works.

Playing with C4 on it now for fun.

ACR is gay, inferior to the m4 IMO. My fave class is probably

UMP.45 Silenced Blue Tiger
USP.45 Akimbo

Marathon Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

Basically just for getting behind them and putting some hot lead up their anuses. Works best in Domination. If played right, can get you 40 to 10 or some shit.

Both the ACR and the M4 have advantages over each other. The M4 has more recoil but it is better for CQC. While with the ACR, you can take down enemies from a distance with little to no recoil.

TAR-21 w/ Silencer
SPAS w/ RDS
Claymore and Flashbangs
Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

^ My usual class.

i think mw2 is actually dissapointing. as a competetive cod player i think cod4 cant be outdone with multiplayer its to good. mw2 has to many surroudings around which makes it really hard to play it competetively.

Domination when I feel like nuking, Hardcore S&D when I feel like playing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)