Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do I go in game to battle competitively over wifi? Do I go in the pokecenter or what? And what options do I click on? Do I have to register my opponent as a friend before I can battle them? (Sorry this is technically more than one question but it all relates to the same thing)

I don't know if I should ask this here or not, but there's no Simple Questions/Answers thread in the Ever Grande City forum so...

Is there a "perfect hatch" thing in Pokemon Emerald? It says you could do it on the DPPT instructions.

I don't know if I should ask this here or not, but there's no Simple Questions/Answers thread in the Ever Grande City forum so...

Is there a "perfect hatch" thing in Pokemon Emerald? It says you could do it on the DPPT instructions.
I'm not a total expert, but I believe that Emerald has the same RNG that DPPt have. So you could RNG abuse in Emerald too. I haven't done it yet, so I can't help you that much.

I'm not a total expert, but I believe that Emerald has the same RNG that DPPt have. So you could RNG abuse in Emerald too. I haven't done it yet, so I can't help you that much.
Except that it doesn't have the annoying frames and stuff. >_<;

Does anyone have a guide to how to do it in Emerald?

Just a small thing I need clarified a bit, is it actually possible to obtain a shiny shadow pokémon in Colosseum/XD:GOD, or is it actually not possible in the slightest?

Alright, so I'm running a Timid Palkia for VGC (doubles) as a late game sweeper. 252 EVs and 31 IVs in Speed and Special Attack.

Now, I'm not sure whether to use Choice Scarf, Choice Specs or neither. I'm a bit worried at it may get locked into a move and screw itself over, but as a late-gamer, it may not have to worry as much since my opponent won't be switching in anything that resists something.

Now, Choice Scarf or Choice Specs? Should I go for the extra speed or the extra power?

I'm no expert, but I think Palkia is already very fast compared to many threats in the VGC meta, barring swift swim in the rain. That said, if you plan on having rain support via Kyogre, I would go with the Scarf. If not, then I would go with Specs.

I'm no expert, but I think Palkia is already very fast compared to many threats in the VGC meta, barring swift swim in the rain. That said, if you plan on having rain support via Kyogre, I would go with the Scarf. If not, then I would go with Specs.
So scarf with Kyogre rain support? Sounds good. Hopefully it doesn't bite me in the ass, lol.

Question: Has Mail Blissey ever been suggested? Perfect switch-in and easily beats any Latias variety, barring Recover CM Refresh, but those are going down in usage...

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Question: Has Mail Blissey ever been suggested? Perfect switch-in and easily beats any Latias variety, barring Recover CM Refresh, but those are going down in usage...
Yes it has. Mail is currently unavailable on Shoddy so there has been little testing. The general consensus has been that Blissey really needs leftovers though. It is relevant though given that Latias is a suspect at the moment.

I didn't know Mail wasn't available. Given Trick users are fairly common, it SHOULD be available, as it's an easy way to spoil their fun. Maybe bulky leads that don't fear being OHKOed (so don't need a sash), but do have trouble with opposing Trickscarf leads, could use it.

Where do I go in game to battle competitively over wifi? Do I go in the pokecenter or what? And what options do I click on? Do I have to register my opponent as a friend before I can battle them? (Sorry this is technically more than one question but it all relates to the same thing)

These are just some speculation questions, unless maybe you have a Japanese source or something, and sorry if they don't belong here.

Will the Pokéwalker make noise at all when it is in use? (Wondering if I can have it at school)
Will the Pokéwalker be implemented into Generation 5 games? (Just speculation really, but maybe if someone could cite a similar scenario from previous generation games...)

Edit: @ Bone Dragon: I'm no expert on the subject, but I'm pretty sure you go downstairs in the Center and talk to one of the women on the right, and yes you will have to register the friend code of the person you want to directly battle

Edit edit: Thanks Naxte, can't wait to get mine

Will the Pokéwalker make noise at all when it is in use? (Wondering if I can have it at school)
It doesn't make any noises when it's just idling or sitting in your pocket. It does make beeping noises when you're switching between menus and such though, but there is an option to mute it.

Will the Pokéwalker be implemented into Generation 5 games? (Just speculation really, but maybe if someone could cite a similar scenario from previous generation games...)
Most likely not.

I know an international Ditto and a non-international Pokemon can't pass down natures with an Everstone, but what about an international Ditto and another international Pokemon? Would the nature from the Ditto pass down with the everstone? The game is American, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)