Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

Go to control panel (Start), then add/remove programs, find shoddy battle, then remove.

My question is what should we put for IVs in SB? I can't get those calculators to work so should I just put 0 or?

It sounds as if you were using the smogon Team-Builder or downloaded the shoddy boxes from NOMAD. Either way you can just uncheck the boxes of the attacks you do not want your Pokemon to have and check the new ones in the attack table of the shoddy team builder.
Sorry for the late reply. My internet has been on and off for 30hours + now ... -_-, but thanks again Ziv for all your help. Really appreciate it.

Recently my shoddy battle has stopped working. The situation at hand is that when I try to connect to smogon U the Log in button does nothing nor does the register button. This problem seems to only exist for the smogon server and I would like to know my current problem.

You need to be logged into a server that allows HG/SS moves (Smogon University, CAP, etc). Then, open up the team builder from within the server.
i did that. logged into smogon university, went to open team, and my dragonite still couldnt learn extremespeed :/... i dunno what the problem is.. i just reinstalled the program too so thats not the problem...

and i dont think extremespeed is HG/SS specific O_o" but i could be wrong

Incronaut, if you are editing a team you built before the HGSS changes or one from another server then even if you edit that team from wihin say, the Smogon server you won't be able to use the changes. Try rebuilding your team from scratch.

Alright, so I successfully set up a server on my home PC. I understand how the set up works and all that, but I'm going to be starting a website soon, and would like to host a shoddy battle server on there so I can keep it up all the time. So, I'm curious as to what exactly I need to have software wise on the server to be able to accomplish this. Anyone know?

How exactly does the rating system work with regards to not playing in a day? I read the thread on the ladder system but it didn't explain it other than the formula used for the deviations. Do you get decay for every 24 hour cycle you don't play or does everyone automatically get decay with each new day?

Ok, I just had a really wierd event when I was battling. Heres a pic:

As you can see, there is no sprite. The next battle I saw all my opponent's pokemon fine, si I'm not sure what happened. Has this happened to anyone else? I think its a problem with Staraptor's sprite, though I'm not sure, as I haven't seen another staraptor while battling.

I can't open files with Shoddy Battle. It opens fine, but when I try to open a team, it just sits there and does nothing: no error message or anything, but the team won't open. Does anyone know what's going on?

Hi, I had a problem with Mean Look in a fight, I used it on a Dragonite (freshly switched), then I switched my Mismagius to a Steelix, and Dragonite was still trapped. I couldn't find anything by using "search" on the forum. Is this a common bug ? Or I am missing something with the attack Mean Look ?
Thanks !
Oh and by the way, the Dragonite didn't use Outrage !

Hi, for some reason the Shoddy Server won't let me log into it. Whenever I put in my password it says "incorrect password." I tried resetting my password but the same thing happened. Also, I'm new to smogon so please do not be harsh if I'm doing something dumb. Thanks.

Why doesnt shoddy me allow to keep certain ev distributions on my legends?
It always flipps my Celebis EV around messing up its HP.

I havent player for like 2 years so please help me :P

System Requirements

What are the recommended system requirements for SB?

I have a Dell Mini 10v running OSX (1.6 GHz Atom processor / 1GB RAM) and a Dell Inspiron 6000 running Ubuntu (1.6 GHz P4 processor / 2GB RAM), and both seem to only *barely* run the Shoddy client.

Is that typical?

Thanks.

I just started playing "Standard" on the ladder, and have been doing fairly well, how do I check my points or rank or whatever?

I just started playing "Standard" on the ladder, and have been doing fairly well, how do I check my points or rank or whatever?
Type "/record YourLadderName" (of course, without the quotations and substituting YourLadderName for whatever your name on the ladder is) into the chat, and a window will come up with that information.

I don't know for sure if this question has been asked, but, here it is.

Can Shoddy Battle work on a computer using Windows 7?

If so, my friend is having difficulties with the program. It seems to keep on asking him to download Java when he already has the up-to-date version.

Thoughts?
i have the exat same problem

I'd like to know if the new moves listed (Eruption Heatran, Flare Blitz ES Entei *.*, etc.) will be on Shoddy at any time, or if they are considered to be somewhat to special, and will never be added?

Because if they're not gonna be on for being from an event, well, we have Draco Meteor Jirachi and Darkrai, and some other stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)