Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
ok.. thanks! i read that about outrage, but i wasnt sure what locked meant exactly.. and ill try redownloading shoddy cause extreme speed definitely isnt there
Make sure you are LOGGED IN to a server (Smogon University) that allows HGSS moves. Then, open up the team builder from within the server.

Hi there im from Boston MA and our State just passed a Bullying Bill to prevent bullying from happening in schools and online. Could shoddy have this too because there is a lot of mature themes. Also there is no age limit online so.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can the smogon server on shoddybattle run on a different port?
I ask this because at uni all 'high number' ports are blocked, which means that all servers show 0 people and I cannot access them

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ging, I know someone else with that issue. Really annoying, but that's the breaks unless they were willing to change the port number.

Emily, this is the wrong thread, but I doubt it.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but. Simple Question: Whenever I start up shoddy, and get to the server list, The servers each show [0/500] or [0/100]. I assume this is 0 users. When I enter, after minutes and minutes of waiting due to lag, there are people in there. The chat is delayed for me. Im pretty sure this is lag, how do I get rid of this? My computer isn't that bad that I can't run a java game. pentium 4 processer 2.4 giga hertz processor 768 mb of ram. Shouldn't be this shitty. How can I fix this?

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ging, I know someone else with that issue. Really annoying, but that's the breaks unless they were willing to change the port number.

So therefore I will be unable to play shoddy until i finish uni? If so that really sucks.

Hi, I have a problem:
With my main account, "Seafunks", I can't login on Smogon University anymore, because "the password is incorrect". With one account, I have the same password on other servers and it works well, it worked on Smogon University until yesterday too.
I didn't change the password, so what happened?

Simple question...
I'm getting an error when I try to save my team --
Raikou (Raikou)
---
This pokemon has an invalid combination of IVs and nature. Please choose one of the following changes to make to its IVs.
[A bunch of stuff]

Why does this occur? Can someone link me to some article that everyone except for me has read explaining this or something?

Simple question...
I'm getting an error when I try to save my team --
Raikou (Raikou)
---
This pokemon has an invalid combination of IVs and nature. Please choose one of the following changes to make to its IVs.
[A bunch of stuff]

Why does this occur? Can someone link me to some article that everyone except for me has read explaining this or something?
I do not have a link to a guide, but I can tell you why this occurs.
Because Raikou can not be hatched from an egg, as it sais, it cannot have any combination of IVs and nature. Just mark a line with a stat Raikou does not really need below, and it should work fine.

i havent been able to find this anywhere.... what is the criteria for a "suspect" team?
No criteria, out side of no Ubers. the only uber allowed are the ones being tested, in this case, manaphy, who just got done. So now, its just a regular OU ladder, except expect Latias usage to be extremely high, becaus eit is being "tested"

i run OS x. the first time i downloaded shoddy it made an application with the little pikachu. i had the stretched window problem so i tried deleting everything and re-installing it to fix the problem. i fixed the window problem but every time i want to open shoddy i have to redownload from the website and open it with java web start. is there a way open it as an application instead of re-downloading?

I've been trying to install Shoddy for about 2 hours now and I've tried everything I could find on every other forum. The JNLP file is downloaded fine but when I double click it the cursor changes to an hourglass for a few seconds and....nothing happens. It's really annoying, I used to have Shoddy working fine but I deleted it because I got bored. I now want to play again but I'm not sure I uninstalled it properly last time. I have Windows XP any help is appreciated :toast:

I run Linux Mint.

Almost every server shows up as being empty, and typically, if I try to connect to them it gives me this:

Code:
An error occurred while attempting to connect to the server: 

shoddybattle.smogon.com
Last night I was able to connect to the Smogon server, and it had dozens of people in it, even though it showed up as empty. Now, the only server I can connect to is the PokemonGTS one(not that I have a problem with that, I quite like it, it's just often empty), and it's also the only one who shows the proper player-count.

I am fairly certain that I have the latest version of Java.

...What do I do?

Edit/Update:
i run OS x. the first time i downloaded shoddy it made an application with the little pikachu. i had the stretched window problem so i tried deleting everything and re-installing it to fix the problem. i fixed the window problem but every time i want to open shoddy i have to redownload from the website and open it with java web start. is there a way open it as an application instead of re-downloading?
I also tried deleting and reinstalling, and now have this problem, as well as my original problem. I am so smooth.

I keep getting banned for bullshit reasons and it says contact the administration, what's the administration?
Shoddy staff. Preferably the one who banned you, or one who was on at the time. (I have no idea who you are, so please don't ask me.) Sadly, there's no easily accessible list of them stickied anywhere presently, so I'll just c/p a static list for now:

Shoddy Mods: Aeroblacktyl, Ancien Régime, Antique Roadshow, darkie, DawnBringer, Earthworm, goofball, Gouki, Great Sage, Havak, Hipmonlee, husk, imperfectluck, JabbaTheGriffin, Jackal, Jimbo, jumpluff, Junior, KD24, Kevin Garrett, Lee, Legacy Raider, Loki, matty, Max, Noah, obi, panamaxis, Philip7086, RB Golbat, Rory, Sapientia, Serv, Seven Deadly Sins, skarm, Sonuis, SoT, Stallion, Stellar, TAY, Taylor, twash, Twist of Fate, whistle, Zak91, zerowing

Is Encore supposed to cause Solar Beam to charge even when Sunny Day is active?

I was in a battle yesterday and my Clefable used Encore on an Exeggutor to lock it into Solar Beam, and it caused Exeggutor to charge. Here's the snippet from the log:

Clefable used Encore.
Exeggutor got an encore!
Exeggutor used Solarbeam.
Exeggutor takes in sunlight!
The sun continues to shine.
Clefable's leftovers restored its health a little!
Clefable restored 6% of its health.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There is a glitch in Shoddy Battle where if a pokemon is Encored then the effects of weather are canceled out. So if you Encore a pokemon using a Water-type attack in the rain it will not get the rain boost while under the effects of Encore. The same goes for Fire-attacks in the sun and moves like SolarBeam which are effected by the weather.

I am extremely knew to shoddy battles so this may sound like a stupid question to some but plz bear with me. While building a team I've noticed there are other optional moves you can have for a specific moveset. example Dusknoir Tank. moveset ~will-o-wisp,~pain split,~Earthquake/Fire Punch, ~Ice Punch/Thunder Punch. How do I implement say Fire Punch instead of Earthquake? Or even Fire Punch and Earthquake and exclude Ice Punch and Thunder Punch? Or can this not be done. Either way, let me know. Any help is appreciated =O

I am extremely knew to shoddy battles so this may sound like a stupid question to some but plz bear with me. While building a team I've noticed there are other optional moves you can have for a specific moveset. example Dusknoir Tank. moveset ~will-o-wisp,~pain split,~Earthquake/Fire Punch, ~Ice Punch/Thunder Punch. How do I implement say Fire Punch instead of Earthquake? Or even Fire Punch and Earthquake and exclude Ice Punch and Thunder Punch? Or can this not be done. Either way, let me know. Any help is appreciated =O
It sounds as if you were using the smogon Team-Builder or downloaded the shoddy boxes from NOMAD. Either way you can just uncheck the boxes of the attacks you do not want your Pokemon to have and check the new ones in the attack table of the shoddy team builder.

sorry but i JUST redownloaded shoddy battle and uninstalled/reinstalled it, but i still cant find extremespeed for dragonite.. my lucario has it so im not looking at the wrong place or anything, what should i do?

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
sorry but i JUST redownloaded shoddy battle and uninstalled/reinstalled it, but i still cant find extremespeed for dragonite.. my lucario has it so im not looking at the wrong place or anything, what should i do?
You need to be logged into a server that allows HG/SS moves (Smogon University, CAP, etc). Then, open up the team builder from within the server.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)