Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

What are you trying to do? The instructions you linked don't really mention the coin field because you don't need it if you are following those instructions ...

And to answer the question, it's the sequence results from the coin flip poketech application for a particular seed.
Here's an example--

Frame| PID ____ | !!! |Nature|Ability| Coin _ | (...)
7904 | 4D7FF18D| !!! | Timid | 1 ___| Heads| (...)

What does that bolded Heads mean, there? I was guessing that when I've theoretically done 657 Happiness app double-taps and then moved to the coin flip app, the seventh coin should land Heads if I'm on the right frame for the egg to produce a shiny pokemon of a Timid nature and Ability#1.

Am I correct, or is this completely irrelevant?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here's an example--

Frame| PID ____ | !!! |Nature|Ability| Coin _ | (...)
7904 | 4D7FF18D| !!! | Timid | 1 ___| Heads| (...)

What does that bolded Heads mean, there? I was guessing that when I've theoretically done 657 Happiness app double-taps and then moved to the coin flip app, the seventh coin should land Heads if I'm on the right frame for the egg to produce a shiny pokemon of a Timid nature and Ability#1.

Am I correct, or is this completely irrelevant?
Well, assuming that frame 7904 is your target, then the 8th flip would be heads (the 7th is one BEFORE your target) ... but yes, thats basically the gist of it. You should be able to match up all 7 of your flips to the 7 frames before your target frame.

So you are correct.

It still may be irreverent, though :)

Well, assuming that frame 7904 is your target, then the 8th flip would be heads (the 7th is one BEFORE your target) ... but yes, thats basically the gist of it. You should be able to match up all 7 of your flips to the 7 frames before your target frame.

So you are correct.

It still may be irreverent, though :)
I think I get it now. Let me clarify this to be sure, though...

Frame 7904 is the target: the frame at which the shiny will appear. Its Coin label says Heads.
Frame 7903 is the frame before the target. Its Coin label, conveniently, is Tails.

If I have this right...

I flip until it shows Tails and then put the parents in.

...I think. Did I do that right?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Wait, i think the delay must be the problem. The delay I'm aiming for is 2865. Is that the problem?
Yes, it is a problem.

Suggest you switch to using "Find Seed by IV Range" and entering the results from an IV check (probably easiest to use metalkids) and then enter in a delay range there.

Probably need to support this on by stats search at some point.

EDIT: I will actually do this soon, it's a good feature omega added to iv range and exact iv searches, so i will extend it to the by stats.

Yes, it is a problem.

Suggest you switch to using "Find Seed by IV Range" and entering the results from an IV check (probably easiest to use metalkids) and then enter in a delay range there.

Probably need to support this on by stats search at some point.

EDIT: I will actually do this soon, it's a good feature omega added to iv range and exact iv searches, so i will extend it to the by stats.
I see... For now i will just use the IV calculator that you mentioned. Thanks!

Ok, I cannot for the life of me get this egg in HG to be shiny and the right nature...
Ive done this three times now and still nothing (same stupid naughty egg each time)
Im using this seed
451301F8
2010-9-2
ID: 2116 SID: 30672
Min/Max Delay: 494 Seconds: 16
Adamant/Ability 1/ Male (50/50)
Frame: 11
Verifying if I hit it by Elm Calls
Once I check if I hit it I put my parents in the daycare (both non-international)
I reject 10 eggs, and once the 11th is generated I save. (my egg frame is 11)
Each time I hatch it isnt the right nature at all so it isnt my ID/SID...
Anything I could be doing wrong?
Is there a certain amount of Pokemon needed to be in your party?
EDIT: Ive bred a shiny successfully twice before on this HG and havent had this problem so I really dont know whats wrong...
Should I change seeds? And just use a different one?
Just posting this on the new page... =/

EDIT:
Bluew.e said:
Apparently, you don't have that spread shiny
??? This is breeding not catching...
and the IRNG is advancing one extra time for some reason.
Ok but how then? -__-

Apparently, you don't have that spread shiny and the IRNG is advancing one extra time for some reason.
EDIT: No I'm saying that I searched for that spread on the Shiny Egg Finder and under the Egg PID(Normal) and when I clicked Shiny Only with your ID/SID combo, that spread didn't appear. People have reported inconsistent IRNG advances that seem to be pretty random.

Hi! I want to restart my platinum but that means I'll lose my "OAK'S LETTER". So before I restart I want to RNG it (I don't like RNG but it's the only way to get legendaries with good IVs). However, that RNG Reporter thing won't load on my computer. So will someone look it up for me? My ID is: 07310 and my SID is: 47509.
the spread I want is: 31/x/31/31/31/31 70 HP ICE. Thanks!

Ok, so I understand the old RNG Reporter, up to DDPt PID Normal, go through, grab a random Poke for Initial Seed, fill out all the info, hit OK, then go back to main page and hit "Generate", and poof! Gives me a list of double-taps and coinflips to do.

At risk of seeming incredibly stupid, I used the Breeding (HGSS) method, hit Seed Finder, filled out all the specs, then went back to main page, hit Generate, and I get nothing...

Now I know for just getting a shiny egg you have to go through accepting and rejecting eggs, but.....x__X what am I doing wrong?

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
I just finished ID/SID RNGing up a combo that would produce the PID 0287f22d as shiny (the spread is naive 31 / 30 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31 ability 1). When I searched for a combo that looked nice I found this:

Seed: 7200C6FC
Delay: 50940
ID: 00000
SID: 61615

I used Wild Eep's "Pandora's Box" to find this combination, but when I went into RNG Reporter (version 7.5) to double check to see if the spread showed up shiny, it came up with zero shinies in the entire seed. I checked out this particular combo in a few different seeds(If people want to check for themselves, the seed with the naive spread is 5c1102c6), and every time it came up with zero shinies.

When that didn't work, I tried Wichu's PokeRNGDP, and that produced the shininess stated by Pandora's Box just fine. I don't know whether this would be a bug in RNG reporter(due to the default being set as 0 maybe?), or what, but I wanted to point this out.

EDIT:

Hi! I want to restart my platinum but that means I'll lose my "OAK'S LETTER". So before I restart I want to RNG it (I don't like RNG but it's the only way to get legendaries with good IVs). However, that RNG Reporter thing won't load on my computer. So will someone look it up for me? My ID is: 07310 and my SID is: 47509.
You can't get HP ice with that IV spread. You would need either 30 HP / 30 def / odd attack stat or 31 HP even attack stat / 30 Def for HP ice.

a couple things I need guys.... first off... how would I go about RNGing a new game for a good SID... and how would I find out what that SID needs to be...

and also... how do encouter slots work... I know how to find them out... just not what to do with them....

a couple things I need guys.... first off... how would I go about RNGing a new game for a good SID... and how would I find out what that SID needs to be...

and also... how do encouter slots work... I know how to find them out... just not what to do with them....
For your first question:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1822052&postcount=10

For your second question:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1821938&postcount=5
You click on the encounter slot tables at the bottom of the page. There, the tables will correspond to the encounter slot so you know which pokemon will appear on a particular frame

This stuff is all on the first page.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well the only conclusion I got from my research was your delay is too high. What you need to do is calibrate a few times and find a delay within the range of your results.
He's not doing the mash-A button technique that will be phased out of the guides. He's using a timer. There's no such thing as a delay too high with that technique.

I just finished ID/SID RNGing up a combo that would produce the PID 0287f22d as shiny (the spread is naive 31 / 30 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31 ability 1). When I searched for a combo that looked nice I found this:

Seed: 7200C6FC
Delay: 50940
ID: 00000
SID: 61615

I used Wild Eep's "Pandora's Box" to find this combination, but when I went into RNG Reporter (version 7.5) to double check to see if the spread showed up shiny, it came up with zero shinies in the entire seed. I checked out this particular combo in a few different seeds(If people want to check for themselves, the seed with the naive spread is 5c1102c6), and every time it came up with zero shinies.

When that didn't work, I tried Wichu's PokeRNGDP, and that produced the shininess stated by Pandora's Box just fine. I don't know whether this would be a bug in RNG reporter(due to the default being set as 0 maybe?), or what, but I wanted to point this out.
It's a bug. It's programmed to not do shiny calculations if one of the fields is 0, because a blank field is parsed as 0. It does the calculation fine if you input ID 00001, which is identical to 00000 for shiny purposes.

Do you want a shiny ?
and btw it;s impossible to get HP ICE 70 in that IV

when i'm using a pokerng, here's what it gaves u

PID: 0703b6e4 (MODEST, ability 0) 30/10/30/31/31/31 (Seed: 0805028a Method 1: 1325, J (synch): 1260, J (no synch): 1308, K (synch): 1260, K (no synch): 1278) HP ICE 70

Btw, i still have a few quetion, how do i hit my target seed, if i keep miss in my delay ( yea, around 501 to 503 )
Okay, basically, in breeding, we don't have to make our seed exactly the same as our target like in the releasing roamers ( or even legend, i dunt know ). we just have to make the frame exactly what we wanted right ?

how about this roamer release thing ?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
BTW, I think I have a sort-of-crazy idea about one of the next RNG Reporter, if it wasn't installed yet...

How about including the attacks of a certain wild Pokemon(including Legends) during the encounter...
And what order certain attacks will be executed, also including secondary effects, critical hits, chance of missing, etc... for each turn.

And maybe the success and failure of the types of Pokeballs thrown during a certain turn (besides Master Ball).
Because I have noticed some did capture legends using weaker (but aestheticslly pleasing) Pokeballs like Premier Balls, Luxury Balls, etc... but they are due to luck.
But if we can also "RNG Abuse" on the success rate of other types of Pokeballs thrown, then we can also minimize further the effects of randomicity.

I know this is a bit too much, but how about trying it?
If it isn't too much yet.

This is just for the Aesthetics that's all, maybe.

Hello Guys.
I am pretty new to RNG abuse and currenty i am working on manipulating the IVs of a Shroomish egg.
I started off with the poketech taps and coin flips method to abuse for a shiny nature which worked without any problems.
I Saved in front of the Daycare and made sure i had catched at least 2 pokemon in the last 2 days so that i could easily do the flips.
The step that doese screw me over however is the frame calibration.
First time i checked i got frame 4 second frame 3 then 2,3,4,2.
I thought i should save again becaus emaby one of the 5 moving NPCs in Platin would move so fast that pressig A before that would be almost impossible.
The first result was frame 3 the second time it was 1.
My question: Is it normal that the Frame jumps like this ?
I honestly dont know cause i havent got any experience with the whole process.

BTW, I think I have a sort-of-crazy idea about one of the next RNG Reporter, if it wasn't installed yet...

How about including the attacks of a certain wild Pokemon(including Legends) during the encounter...
And what order certain attacks will be executed, also including secondary effects, critical hits, chance of missing, etc... for each turn.

And maybe the success and failure of the types of Pokeballs thrown during a certain turn (besides Master Ball).
Because I have noticed some did capture legends using weaker (but aestheticslly pleasing) Pokeballs like Premier Balls, Luxury Balls, etc... but they are due to luck.
But if we can also "RNG Abuse" on the success rate of other types of Pokeballs thrown, then we can also minimize further the effects of randomicity.

I know this is a bit too much, but how about trying it?
If it isn't too much yet.
This is just for the Aesthetics that's all, maybe.
i think the attack that's going to be executed is at ceratin point, like if our pokemon is weak to certain effect, it's always use the same attack. and then, about the pokeball think, i don't thing that we can actually calculate it, since there's nothing we can use to calculate any certain value at all

Hello Guys.
I am pretty new to RNG abuse and currenty i am working on manipulating the IVs of a Shroomish egg.
I started off with the poketech taps and coin flips method to abuse for a shiny nature which worked without any problems.
I Saved in front of the Daycare and made sure i had catched at least 2 pokemon in the last 2 days so that i could easily do the flips.
The step that doese screw me over however is the frame calibration.
First time i checked i got frame 4 second frame 3 then 2,3,4,2.
I thought i should save again becaus emaby one of the 5 moving NPCs in Platin would move so fast that pressig A before that would be almost impossible.
The first result was frame 3 the second time it was 1.
My question: Is it normal that the Frame jumps like this ?
I honestly dont know cause i havent got any experience with the whole process.

i don't really know about it, but at my egg RNG i also got frame like that, keep changing ( mine is around 7, 8, and 9 )
But i actually just tried it several times, and got my target.
I think you should try on the most common frame :)
If it's not your target, then just keep restarting your ds ^^

mingot

free agent
Just posting this on the new page... =/

EDIT:
Either go for a lower frame or save before each egg and take/hatch each egg. Frames skip. We don't know why. It will happen.

Ok, so I understand the old RNG Reporter, up to DDPt PID Normal, go through, grab a random Poke for Initial Seed, fill out all the info, hit OK, then go back to main page and hit "Generate", and poof! Gives me a list of double-taps and coinflips to do.

At risk of seeming incredibly stupid, I used the Breeding (HGSS) method, hit Seed Finder, filled out all the specs, then went back to main page, hit Generate, and I get nothing...

Now I know for just getting a shiny egg you have to go through accepting and rejecting eggs, but.....x__X what am I doing wrong?
Everything.

Thats not how it works with HGSS.

You are going to have to use the time finder with "Shiny Egg" and "HGSS Shiny Egg" selected. You will then need to hit your target time and delay, and get as many eggs as necessary. Get as low a frame as possible. One is best.

Also, the "breeding HGSS" method is for IVs in hgss and has nothing to do with shiny eggs.

Hello guys, very cool and useful the new version of RNG Reporter!! Thanks to mingot and the people involved on its development :)

Rahxen said:
I want to abuse my ID on an original Diamond game, what's its regular delay to be able to calibrate well with pikatimer, and, had someone already abused its ID on DPPt?? I only see stuff about HG/SS -.-
I don't have platinum, and I dont want to use roms (that's why I bought the Diamond game, I couldn't find a mint Platinum) :( Thanks in advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)