Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My level 100 Forretress has an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk. However, I now want to put the 4 Atk EVs into defense instead. Even though it's level 100, is this still possible if I use one EV reducing berry to set the 4 Atk back to 0 and give it one Iron to fill the 4 Def? Because I really don't want to EV train another, and this seems like it should work.
I can't remember which berry it is, but one of them reduce EV of the attack stat by up to 10 EVs. Do that then EV train, then put it into PC and take it out.

Hey guys, I haven't been active for about a year and am just coming back into things recently. I was wondering: How did Alakazam find its way into the UU tier? Which pokemon made it ineffective/rarely used in OU?

(is this the right thread for this type of question?)

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, I haven't been active for about a year and am just coming back into things recently. I was wondering: How did Alakazam find its way into the UU tier? Which pokemon made it ineffective/rarely used in OU?

(is this the right thread for this type of question?)
Scizor. That and it has no immunities and few resistances to switch in on unlike Gengar. Also, Psychic/Focus Blast/Signal Beam/HP Fire leaves it not hitting something, as you need Substitute to predict and protect yourself from Bullet Punch/Pursuit.

The description of Judgment says it changes type based on the plate held.
Does that mean Smeargle can sketch it and change it's type by holding plates, too? Just not get stab like Arceus can?
A Smeargle who's sketched Judgement can change the type of judgement by holding plates, yes.

There are just better Psychic types in OU (Jirachi, Metagross, ...).
And strong Pursuit users like Tyranitar and Scizor could easily revenge kill Alakazam.

I'm making a semi-stall team for OU based around SubChargeBeam Lanturn. I've decided that I'll definitely be using a Specially Defensive Forretress and a Resttalk Spiritomb, but what other pokemon should I include?

I was thinking of Swampert. Is this a good idea? And then I need a ground immunity/resist and a scarfer.

Well, flygon fits both those roles you mentioned. If you run both swampert and laturn I would throw in something to counter celebi and shaymin too. Scarftran may fit. Good luck with your team.

Everything I've searched for (not extensive, but a couple sources) say that you can pass 2 IV's using Power items in HGSS. My current breed I tried passing HP from the father and Def from the mother using power items, and none of the three offspring I hatched had both. One or the other, not both.

Has anyone figured out the exact mechanic of power items in breeding yet? Or at least a simple answer as to why it didn't work?
New day bump.

GB_Packers_Ftw

LOOKS LIKE FAVRE GOT SHUT DOWN
Hey guys im looking for a nice EV spread for that thunder-wave gyarados that everyone has been running lately. I Looked and its not a set in the dex so im wondering which set or which ev's i could just slap it onto, thanks a bunch

I can't remember which berry it is, but one of them reduce EV of the attack stat by up to 10 EVs. Do that then EV train, then put it into PC and take it out.
IIRC, it's Kelpsy Berry that reduces Atk EVs. Also, you can't EV train Lv. 100 Pokemon so you would have to use an Iron to give it those 4 Def EVs.

New day bump.
I think this post answers your question.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2716291&postcount=252

How important are IVs, actually?

Please explain why.
Speed is very important. One point can be the difference between moving first or second in a turn. Sweepers need a high enough speed IV to ensure that they can outrun anything in the speed tier directly below them.

The rest depend on the individual Pokemon.

Please explain why.
It's the same reason why Natures are important, IVs limit a pokemon's potential.

If for example I had two Salamences, both same nature, and one had an Attack IV of 0 and the other had an Attack IV of 31, the second one will have higher Attack and thus can deal more damage.

Please explain why.
IVs are one of the most important things in pokemon. Having good IVs means your pokemons overall stats will be better. If that means being faster then opponent or able to deal more damage or even take more damage. That is a good enough reason.

Hey guys. New batch of Snorunts. I need help on deciding if I should hatch more or not. It will be a suicide Froslass one.

1 27/9/29/31/3/30
2 18/28/6/31/29/26
3 31/5/17/31/31/26

Hey guys. New batch of Snorunts. I need help on deciding if I should hatch more or not. It will be a suicide Froslass one.

1 27/9/29/31/3/30
2 18/28/6/31/29/26
3 31/5/17/31/31/26
You probably want max speed to make sure your faster then a lot of other pokes.

Scizor. That and it has no immunities and few resistances to switch in on unlike Gengar. Also, Psychic/Focus Blast/Signal Beam/HP Fire leaves it not hitting something, as you need Substitute to predict and protect yourself from Bullet Punch/Pursuit.
Ahh that makes a lot of sense, thanks :)

If I breed a female pokemon with a ditto and have the female pokemon holding the everstone does the nature trick work still or does the ditto have to be holding the everstone in that case?

If I breed a female pokemon with a ditto and have the female pokemon holding the everstone does the nature trick work still or does the ditto have to be holding the everstone in that case?
When breeding with Ditto, the female Pokémon or Ditto can hold the Everstone.

Thanks Master Ball, another question though. I need a careful ditto and I have to catch it bc I can't get wifi at home on my DS, when I use the pokerader (I'm on Diamond) does it matter which bush I go to or is it 12% chance on all of them or is it more likely if I go to the one closest to me or farthest to me or something?

Thanks Master Ball, another question though. I need a careful ditto and I have to catch it bc I can't get wifi at home on my DS, when I use the pokerader (I'm on Diamond) does it matter which bush I go to or is it 12% chance on all of them or is it more likely if I go to the one closest to me or farthest to me or something?
It's random. If you are trying to chain, which is a good idea for catching multiple Dittos in a row, then you always go to the nearest patch. Outside of chaining though, there's no specific spots of grass that will give you a higher chance of finding specific Pokémon. And remember Max Repels

Does anyone know if the special pokemon in the safari are time sensitive. What I mean is are the pokemon that have to have X number of blocks for X number of days before they will appear only show up in morning, afternoon, or night? Because I just did 70 days which should make Riolu appear in the meadow but after about 40 encounters I still haven't seen one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)