Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the special pokemon in the safari are time sensitive. What I mean is are the pokemon that have to have X number of blocks for X number of days before they will appear only show up in morning, afternoon, or night? Because I just did 70 days which should make Riolu appear in the meadow but after about 40 encounters I still haven't seen one yet.
You can catch Riolu at any time during the day in the Safari Zone, but I would make sure that it's actually been 70 days, including going down to the hour.

Question! If I was to try to use Pokémon on my HeartGold cartridge that I created with Pokésav on Battle Revolution, would it detect that they are hacked? I always make everything legal about them, but I don't know about hex values so I leave those blank, which is where I figure they detect the hacks...

Wait, is it 70 days from when you originally put the blocks in or just 70 days all together. Because I just kept setting the time to 23:59, letting the date roll over, save, and repeat. I know it was 70 since i picked an apricorn everytime to keep track of the days.

User 43539

Banned deucer.
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this because it involves RMT's but I'll ask it here anyway.

I have a 2003 Mac Laptop. How do I put pictures on the RMT?

Does anyone know if the special pokemon in the safari are time sensitive. What I mean is are the pokemon that have to have X number of blocks for X number of days before they will appear only show up in morning, afternoon, or night? Because I just did 70 days which should make Riolu appear in the meadow but after about 40 encounters I still haven't seen one yet.
You need to have that particular area of the Safari Zone open for 70 days without changing the clock on your DS. You can take Heart Gold out and put in another game (to play while you're waiting) and put it back in when the seventy days are up. After 70 days, you need to put the amount of blocks into that area and you can encounter Riolu right away. Some Pokemon are just really rare, it took me forever to get a Bannette.

Wait, is it 70 days from when you originally put the blocks in or just 70 days all together. Because I just kept setting the time to 23:59, letting the date roll over, save, and repeat. I know it was 70 since i picked an apricorn everytime to keep track of the days.
Well there's your problem. If you change the clock at all, it will reset the counter.

Question! If I was to try to use Pokémon on my HeartGold cartridge that I created with Pokésav on Battle Revolution, would it detect that they are hacked? I always make everything legal about them, but I don't know about hex values so I leave those blank, which is where I figure they detect the hacks...
Last time I checked, you could use Pokesaved Pokemon in the main game of PBR unless they had more than 255 EVs in a single stat or more than 510 EVs total (no clue how to actually do that) or if they have illegal abilities (like WonderTomb). If you try to take them online, they may not work. I think the online PBR checks to see if they are legendaries with legal combinations of IVs and Nature. I think the online one will also check to see if the Pokemon can get the moves (but you can still use things like Hypnosis/Brave Bird Crobat). I haven't played PBR in a while so I can't be certain.

Man that's gay. Who's going to wait 120 days just for a Bagon to appear or 70 for a Riolu. Oh well, guess I won't ever get it to work. Do you know if having 3 of the same area divides the time? Like having all of them set to the Meadow would mean it only takes 12 days instead of 70.

Man that's gay. Who's going to wait 120 days just for a Bagon to appear or 70 for a Riolu. Oh well, guess I won't ever get it to work. Do you know if having 3 of the same area divides the time? Like having all of them set to the Meadow would mean it only takes 12 days instead of 70.
Can you put multiples of the same area on one map? Even if you can, I don't think it would divide the time. This actually reminds me that I have to go to the Meadow to pick up my own Riolu because I started it 70 or so days ago.

Yeah, you can have all the same if you want. I've got mine with 3 meadow and 3 swamps, just incase. Thanks for the help anyways.

Does the everstone trick work if I breed a male pokemon holding an everstone with a ditto not holding one or does it have the be a female pokemon holding it?

SRS said:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this because it involves RMT's but I'll ask it here anyway.

I have a 2003 Mac Laptop. How do I put pictures on the RMT?
It shouldn't matter what you're using, haha. When editing your post in advanced mode, hit that little yellow square with the mountain in it and type in the image URL. Or, use [ img ] URL here [ / img ] without the spaces. You can only put on images that are online.

Like so:

Just bred out two Adamant Duskull, my last member for the battle frontier.
Duskull #1: 19/31/29/6/30/26
Duskull #2: 31/31/29/6/10/31

I can't decide, which one is best?

Also, any team critiques (This is for the battle frontier) would be appreciated. :)

PorygonZ@Choice Specs/Scarf
Modest | Download
252 SpAtt, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Ivs: 30/13/30/26/10/31
Thunderbolt | Ice Beam | Psychic | Tri Attack

Special Sweeper. Currently at a 90 streak in the Hall, at a stop because I think I need to teach it Aerial Ace in order to take down Ghost (Shedinja :[). I alternate between specs and scarf.

Infernape@Life Orb
Jolly | Blaze
Ivs: 30/23/17/0/23/31
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Flare Blitz | Close Combat | Mach Punch | Stone Edge

Physical Sweeper, still getting the points together for a Stone Edge TM. Hasn't gotten tested yet, been figuring out my last member.

Dusknoir@Expert Belt/Leftovers
Adamant | Levitate
252 HP, 252 Attack, 6 Def
Ivs: TBD
Thunderpunch | Earthquake| Shadow Punch | Will-o-Wisp

Wall/attacker. Primarily used to take hits. With the correct Ivs, he will break 300 defenses and reach max attack. I put Thunderpunch over Pain Split because otherwise he would be completely walled by most Flying types, considering most are normal.

User 43539

Banned deucer.

yes i did it thank you!!

EDIT: How do I put a threat list on a RMT? Since there's no website for it, and copy pasting doesn't work

I didn't think it was simple but... : D

Can someone explain to me why Steadfast ability isn't recommended for Lucario, and only Inner Focus?

Can someone explain to me why Steadfast ability isn't recommended for Lucario, and only Inner Focus?
Because Steadfast sucks.

- You lose a turn when you get flinched. Having a turn to do whatever you want > +1 speed
- No one will try to flinch a Lucario because it almost always runs Inner Focus
- That speed boost is useless if they paralyze you

Lucario can pick up speed boosts from being flinched, but that means Lucario's lost a turn, and something of its defenses needs all the turns it can get. It's usually better to be able to ignore the flinch and KO the flincher anyway.

Not that it matters too much; neither ability helps much unless you've specifically made your Lucario to be A) your lead Pokemon, or B) something geared to stop the likes of Jirachi and Togekiss. If you don't need Lucario to fill either role, I guess either ability would work, and you could pick up a speed boost on the switch if something is actually packing Rock Slide. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)