Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer (Mark 1)

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
well, the group isn't active for the same reasons every other group isn't. That is, they aren't updated often and when they are you don't see a notification about it. The NU group is probably more active because of the lack of a sub-forum of their own.

banryu said:
- who are the best LC Rapid Spinners?
- what are the best Pokemon to eliminate opposing priority-users? Anything and everything, really, although I know there's a crapton of priority-users out there... the more priority-users something can counter, the better.
Staryu makes a great spinner with the combination of its good stats, ability to hit 19 Speed, and access to hard hitting attacks such as Hydro Pump. Staryu not only makes an effective sweeper, but anti-lead as well, only having major problems with Snover. Finally, it boasts the ability to either negate Fake Out with Protect, or heal itself with Recover, depending on the set

Another cool rapid spinner is Kabuto, since it resists Normal-Type attacks and is already a common lead, allowing for a surprise factor of its own. Squirtle is also used as one when it's needed and can abuse some priority of its own-this has allowed Squirtle to become quite good in LC Ubers, since it can easily help a Scyther sweep.

With its resistances to Ice and Normal and its bulky stats, Bronzor can easily shrug off most priority attacks. This bulkiness also allows Bronzor to set up Stealth Rock, or even Calm Minds in order to sweep

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Anorith is also a pretty cool spinner, fast and hits hard with good dual STAB. And Wynaut is great at eliminating some weaker priority users, not SPers of course. For SPers, you can just take advantage of them with sub/setup move + prediction.

basically, you need way more of them to boost a stat by one point at level five. The more complicated version is in Sledge's post. It will also give you the Little Cup EV Appelate or whatever its called. Just use that.

...oh. Hmm. Suppose I'd better look into that thing that I've never heard of before. o___o'

Okay to keep it relevant, what Pokemon function better in doubles than singles? (aside from Shuppet?)

I don't know if this belongs here, but why is it that nobody does wifi LC? Is it because of EV training? So hard to find a match....

Probably because of the EV training. Even on simulators it isn't exactly popular, so I'd imagine it to be worse on wifi.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, with a combination of the difficulty in EVing Little Cup Pokemon and the fact that Little Cup is still pretty small, wifi hasn't really been able to establish itself. However, there are people with wifi trade threads Little Cup on Smogon, so progress is being made!

If Drifloon loses its item (Berries/Focus sash(?)) its speed doubles. The effect is not baton passable, but makes drifloon a great CM oran sweeper (CM on the hit, heal with oran, unburden at +1 spatk. other versions are definitely possible, thats just the one I use.)
Also, there is a glitch on Shoddy Battle that causes unburden to activate when you use trick. I actually had a question about that. will unburden activate again if you trick twice?

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If the information posted in the research thread is correct, Trick should activate unburden. I have updated the Unburden page, which should now be correct.

What EV spreads would you guys suggest for a Modest Bulbasaur and Timid Riolu? =) I know they're not recommended LC-Pokémon but I still want to use them both!

eric the espeon

Depends on what sets you want to use. Scarf Bulba will want 236 SpA / 236 Spe (no spare for other stats, sadly), Riolu.. why Timid? Jolly/Adamant would be a lot better.

Not a fan of scarves or choice items. ^^ And Timid because I want it timid. lol it's interesting.

I was thinking perhaps a little more defensive bulbasaur.. lol Though her nature isn't quite right..

riolu does get aura sphere, hidden power and vaccum wave but coverage is extremely limited. 36 evs on each defense, 196 speed and 236 special atack is the best you get with timid riolu.

Thank you. ^^ Yeah I know, it's just for the sake of it. lol It's not because I believe Timid Riolu is wtf awesome! =P

What do you think to Modest Bulbasaur without choice/scarf? ^^ What's the best way to spread the EVs on her?

the best ev spread depend on the job, but since its modest i take its a offensive special one, eric gave the best ev spread for that one(236/236), bulba dont really got a lot of options for evs actually, its not exactly frail though.

So I suppose I shouldn't try and put a point or so in defense. lol Thanks for your inputs guys. ^^ Even though one often gets met with "What, why would you want to have a Pokémon like that!" =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)