Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hello there ! Im just wondering if there are any video tutorials regarding RNG Wonder Card abuse using an Emulator, I tried to search and read the whole thread but it seems I cant find any. Thanks :)

I'm not entirely sure where the most appropriate place to put this post was, but I thought here might do - I just wanted to offer a huge vote of thanks to Mingot and Pikachu25 for creating the amazing programs that make all of this possible. You guys are amazing! :toast:

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I've tried using Radioseed to check my seed, but the results doesn't match, not even the adjacents...

Do I have to defeat the Elite 4 before using the radio to check my seed?

I tried it to get the Extremespeed Dratini, but because the radio responses don't match (I KO'd Entei already, after RNGing & catching Raikou), I just stick to frame 1 anyway, and do the usual RNG thing...

Now that I've beaten the Elite 4, I'll try it again (later), for Entei/Latias.

So what really are the pre-requisites for getting accurate results from the radio?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello guys, I have OmegaDonut's Shiny high IV spread group sheet. I want to RNG a shiny Dialga with high IVs but I don't know how to get the seed since I don't see it on the sheet. Also, I don't know how to configure the pikatimer to have enough time to activate the 100% catch and IV check codes using Nitrohax for my Diamond game. I already have my ID and SID abused and I've never RNGed a pokemon before. Thanks in advice.
How would you get two shiny spreads when abusing your ID/SID?
There are no seeds listed because you find those out for yourself, by plugging the spread into RNG Reporter's Seed Finder.

musicmeister, I'm assuming you're looking for the same thing. Get the same High IV shiny group spreadsheet from the front page and work from there.

So I'm breeding my first ever DPPt Pokémon with RNG, and I'm facing some troubles.

I'm in Diamond, by the way:

1) Does the Buneary moving count as an NPC step to decide the starting frame?
2) Can someone explain to me how the Synchronize/Reset time works? If the above question is untrue, I'll have a start frame of 5. I need frame 11 (seed: 38110280). From what I understand, that's 3 journal flips before talking to the Daycare man.

This coincides with date 2010 06 07 and a time of 17:00:14. From what I could understand from bearsfan YouTube video: I need to remove my seconds and substract one minute, so 16:59:00. From what point do I need to reset to hit my target frame anyway? Something with 15 seconds off of your target time but how do you compare that to your external clock?

3) Why do I have to search for adjacent spreads?
4) What's the flip sequence row for?

-----

Extra information:

Seconds: 14
Delay: 615-635
The nature, ability and gender of the Pokémon are properly executed, so don't bring it up.

-----

Smogon's guide confuses me even more, so don't directly quote from that.

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
UW

There are no seeds listed because you find those out for yourself, by plugging the spread into RNG Reporter's Seed Finder.

musicmeister, I'm assuming you're looking for the same thing. Get the same High IV shiny group spreadsheet from the front page and work from there.
Okay. For example I choose this spread PID = 47dc0469 IVs = 31/22/30/31/31/30, how would I find the other good shiny spread that I have? Sorry, I don't have an experience with this stuff.

Use Wichu's RNG and search just those IVs. If you've found an ID combo that will make it shiny, include that. Don't select a nature for the search. Make the IVs set to exact and put those in. When the search is over, look at the spread sheet and find that one. Then use the frame for that one to find the other spread with the same frame.

I'm trying to capture a Modest Kyogre in HGSS.

the seed is bc0101f1, the delay is 487

The target frames were 12.

The target time was 2010/03/24 1:57:59

I advanced 8 frames, since there are 3 roaming Pokémon (Latias, Entei, Raikou) and Kyogre has a "monster frame" of 1.

I got the Elm calls as RNG Reporter said - EKKEKPKE

I got a Lax Kyogre with crappy IVs, when checking it in RNG Reporter, it said the delay was 487 and the seconds 59, so I must have messed up with the frames, but I don't really know why.

Edit: I guess I'd better kill off the roamers, that's probably it.

So I killed the roamers and this time advanced 11 frames, but I got the same Lax Kyogre. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

^
Can't you check what frame you hit ?..

I checked you seed :
Frame 12 is Lax 1/2/1/12/8/26
Where did you get your target frame ?
Or do you use a synch ?

With a modest synch there is
Modest 22/26/27/31/28/31 on frames 4/6/8/...

Use Wichu's RNG and search just those IVs. If you've found an ID combo that will make it shiny, include that. Don't select a nature for the search. Make the IVs set to exact and put those in. When the search is over, look at the spread sheet and find that one. Then use the frame for that one to find the other spread with the same frame.
So, I will leave the desired nature blank and just press enter? And also leave the trainer ID and Secret ID blank? Is this correct?

Right. If you have used Pandora's box to find an ID combo that will make it shiny, then you can put that in which should narrow it down to just the 2 possible spreads.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So I killed the roamers and this time advanced 11 frames, but I got the same Lax Kyogre. Can anyone tell me what's going on?
do the same procedure with a modest synch and you'll get it.
since you're always landing on frame 6 (lax nature 1/2/1/12/8/26) , with a modest synch you'll have the modest spread on frame 6.

I need help with RNGing my SID/OT. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The seed is (edit) 740f232c

The min delay I'm using is 4000

The wanted delay is 8994

On seeds to time, I have the following date: 2010 06 09,15:03:59
(I tried a 12 second target, but Pikatimer gave me a first timer with it that was impossible for me to accomplish on a ROM.)

On Pikatimer, I have 4000 min, 8994 wanted, 12 seconds calibrated, 59 seconds wanted.

I've gotten these results:

delay 8535 at 4 seconds
delay 8832 at 11 seconds
delay 8907 at 14 seconds
delay 8999 at 15 seconds

As you can see, the last delay makes Pikatimer lower its second countdown. Also, I'm not getting at all close to the 59 seconds in my target date.

Can anyone expert at SID/OT RNG help me with this please? I've been trying for two days and this happens over and over.

I'm noob at RNG, and on the guide it says average is around 15 seconds and 600-640 Delay

I am getting 12-13 seconds and somewhat 'normal delay', is this right? I have reset my clock 3 or 4 times already >.>

I need help with RNGing my SID/OT. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The seed is (edit) 740f232c

The min delay I'm using is 4000

The wanted delay is 8994

On seeds to time, I have the following date: 2010 06 09,15:03:59
(I tried a 12 second target, but Pikatimer gave me a first timer with it that was impossible for me to accomplish on a ROM.)

On Pikatimer, I have 4000 min, 8994 wanted, 12 seconds calibrated, 59 seconds wanted.

I've gotten these results:

delay 8535 at 4 seconds
delay 8832 at 11 seconds
delay 8907 at 14 seconds
delay 8999 at 15 seconds

As you can see, the last delay makes Pikatimer lower its second countdown. Also, I'm not getting at all close to the 59 seconds in my target date.

Can anyone expert at SID/OT RNG help me with this please? I've been trying for two days and this happens over and over.
Here's another attempt with results:

Seed fa1226ef wanted delay 9957.

It's hard for me to tell what my seconds are on the ROM. I don't know if there's a method to calibrate seconds for starting a game other than watching the clock. I estimated 12, but sometimes it seems like 8. This time, with this seed, I tried 8.

So the seconds are 8 and I tried a wanted seconds of 8. Pikatimer gave me a manageable time for both the first and second timers this time.

These are the results I got (in order, delays and seconds):

9285 at 14 seconds
9722 at 24 seconds
8373 at 28 seconds
11823 at 54 seconds

The first delay result gave me a timer +672. The second and third made it rise a large amount. The last put it back to +675.

This is happening over and over when I try any seed to RNG my OT/SID. I need help. Would an expert please let me know what I am doing wrong or if there is some stepped missed that I should know about but which isn't in the guides?

I have SID/ID abused for this spread:
cc9e896f (TIMID, ability 1) 31/27/30/30/30/30 (Seed: 5203026c Frame: 15125) HP FIGHTING 70

And the ID/SID combo that RNG reporter says I need is 49383/34064, respectively. When I plug my SEED and ID/SID combo into RNG Reporter and hit "Generate" the spread refuses to show up while using Method J and a Timid Synchronizer, but will show up on Method 1 and Method K.

Is this spread unable to be Method J abused, or is something wrong with RNG Reporter/Pandora's Box?

Here's another attempt with results:

Seed fa1226ef wanted delay 9957.

It's hard for me to tell what my seconds are on the ROM. I don't know if there's a method to calibrate seconds for starting a game other than watching the clock. I estimated 12, but sometimes it seems like 8. This time, with this seed, I tried 8.

So the seconds are 8 and I tried a wanted seconds of 8. Pikatimer gave me a manageable time for both the first and second timers this time.

These are the results I got (in order, delays and seconds):

9285 at 14 seconds
9722 at 24 seconds
8373 at 28 seconds
11823 at 54 seconds

The first delay result gave me a timer +672. The second and third made it rise a large amount. The last put it back to +675.

This is happening over and over when I try any seed to RNG my OT/SID. I need help. Would an expert please let me know what I am doing wrong or if there is some stepped missed that I should know about but which isn't in the guides?
Chamommy, I have had similar problems. I find that PikaTimer lags a bit which contributes to the strange delays/seconds.

Switching to emloop I find fixes this problem.

I never ID/SID abused, but from what I've read it's just a normal abuse when you have to hit the correct time/delay on the "I'll see you later" screen with Oak ?

I don't know how you can get 28 or 54 as seconds when aiming for 8, are you sure your pikatimer first timer + second timer stay equal to 3mn08 or 4mn08 or whatever minutes it takes you and 8 seconds ? I think you already know it, but you have to readjust timer when you input "other delay".

Also don't know if it might help, but when using pikatimer I use the following settings and found out that no other delay input was needed with them most of the time : calibrated delay 518 calibrated second 14

Sorry if I forgot something about ID/SID abusing since I've never tried myself, but for me the only difficulty resides in knowing when exactly to push the button (on the "see you later" screen ? because there's a small "shrinking" animation after that).

And good luck !

Respawning unlimited?

I don't know if it is already asked, but I have a question about the roaming legendaries. I heard that when you faint them, you can respawn them again (Platinum Moltres/Zapdos/Articuno and HGSS Entei/Raikou/Lati@s) after you beat the Champion.

Since I want to RNG abuse these legendaries:

1. Are their IVs and natures fixed even after you respawn them?
  2. Can I respawn them as many times as I want as long as I don't capture them (by fainting them and beating the Pokemon League)?
  3. Is it possible to RNG abuse them one at a time, or do I have to abuse them in one shot?

I don't know if it is already asked, but I have a question about the roaming legendaries. I heard that when you faint them, you can respawn them again (Platinum Moltres/Zapdos/Articuno and HGSS Entei/Raikou/Lati@s) after you beat the Champion.

Since I want to RNG abuse these legendaries:

1. Are their IVs and natures fixed even after you respawn them? Not really sure what you're asking about here. If you mean that you can't change them even after KOing and re-releasing them. If so, then no, they will be different each time.
  2. Can I respawn them as many times as I want as long as I don't capture them (by fainting them and beating the Pokemon League)? Yes.
  3. Is it possible to RNG abuse them one at a time, or do I have to abuse them in one shot? You can do them one at a time. So if you want to abuse Entei first, you can just kill of Entei (or all of them). Then you can catch it/let it live while you KO Raikou and then abuse it next.
Comments in bold. Hope that helps.

So I'm breeding my first ever DPPt Pokémon with RNG, and I'm facing some troubles.

I'm in Diamond, by the way:

1) Does the Buneary moving count as an NPC step to decide the starting frame? No.
2) Can someone explain to me how the Synchronize/Reset time works? If the above question is untrue, I'll have a start frame of 5. I need frame 11 (seed: 38110280). From what I understand, that's 3 journal flips before talking to the Daycare man.

This coincides with date 2010 06 07 and a time of 17:00:14. From what I could understand from bearsfan YouTube video: I need to remove my seconds and substract one minute, so 16:59:00. From what point do I need to reset to hit my target frame anyway? Something with 15 seconds off of your target time but how do you compare that to your external clock?
Synchronize Time is literally when you synchronize the time on the DS' internal clock with some sort of external clock or timer, so that you can reset at the proper time without being able to actually see the DS clock's exact seconds (yes, you should actually change the time on your external clock to match if possible). Reset Time is when you press L+R+Select+Start to "soft reset" when already in the game. The difference is one minute because that's plenty of time for most people to enter the game.

In this specific case, you would sync your DS with your external clock/timer/what-have-you at exactly 16:59:00, enter the main game and soft reset exactly one minute later at 17:00:00, then run through the intro to hit A on Continue (i.e., enter the actual game) 14 seconds after that, at 17:00:14. It doesn't matter if you end up a bit ahead and have to wait on the actual Continue screen.

3) Why do I have to search for adjacent spreads?
4) What's the flip sequence row for?
3) In case you don't hit your seed and/or frame on the first try, so you can find what you did hit.

4) Seed verification; once you have the egg, switch to the coin flip and flip it 10 times, taking note of the results. If the patterns match, you most likely hit your seed. If not, then you didn't, so reset and try again.

Oh, and make sure that the Friendship Checker app (#6) is NOT OPENED AT ANY POINT, or else those coin flips will be useless.

Oh, and make sure that the Friendship Checker app (#6) is NOT OPENED AT ANY POINT, or else those coin flips will be useless.
Does it count if I tap my application button and skip it? ie: hop from app 1 to 15? Or does that invalidate the results as well.
Oh, and thank you very much for the rest. ;D

Also, when I enter the game, does the Journal invalidate the time or is it explicitly when I press continue?

PS: Is there a useful external clock I can use online or something, I really don't have anything except my computer at the moment. :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)