Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be interesting. Though I'm not sure how I feel about drawing from two totally different mythologies for the same line of Pokemon... However, I THINK the same thing Mawile is based on (futakuchi onna or something?) had prehensile hair. Stretch it a little and say the prehensile hair also has mouths on it and I think it would be believable.
taken from Wikipedia:

"Though there are several stories linking the appearance of a futakuchi-onna's second mouth to different causes, it is most often linked to how little a woman eats. The soon-to-be futakuchi-onna is usually a wife of a miser and rarely eats. To counteract this, a second mouth mysteriously appears on the back of the woman's head. The second mouth often mumbles spiteful and threatening things to the woman and demands food. If it is not fed, it can screech obscenely and cause the woman tremendous pain. Eventually, the woman's hair begins to move like a pair of serpents, allowing the mouth to help itself to the woman's meals."

seems like a reasonable basis to use Medusa as inspiration (of course, a passing comment on Wikipedia isn't much of source when it comes to Japanese folklore)... man, I'm really starting to dig this idea now. *_*

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
it is, dragon/fighting get awesome coverage btw, now i hope he also get good offensive stats.....
Just by looking at it, with it's huge and intimidating axe-blade head... I really can't see that guy having anything BUT good offensive stats. I'm pretty sure he's going to be a pseudo (although I'd rather it simply be a powerful 540 BST like Gyarados), and he looks part Dragon... Dragon/Dark is more likely than Dragon/Fighting, in my opinion. It's a very cool typing, too bad it's still walled by Steels (although I'm sure it could carry EQ or Fire Blast).

Crap.

The game's first pure-steel special sweeper?
Haha, nice recovery. But it's true there aren't many Special-attacking Steels, all things considered. It would be a nice change of pace.

Now, regarding the new Pokemon figurines that appeared on serebii: the small brownish one definately matches the one in the sketches, and seems very similar to larvitar. It still looks like axehead is it's likely evolved form, and axehead itself still reminds me greatly of TTar...

And that green one looks like it might be the koala Pokemon a bunch of people have been wanting!

Haha, nice recovery. But it's true there aren't many Special-attacking Steels, all things considered. It would be a nice change of pace.
Gear more then likely has decent special attack, based on it's abilities. an evolution it gets will hopefully remain pure Steel type, and have high special attack (hopefully getting a different ability)

Just by looking at it, with it's huge and intimidating axe-blade head... I really can't see that guy having anything BUT good offensive stats. I'm pretty sure he's going to be a pseudo (although I'd rather it simply be a powerful 540 BST like Gyarados), and he looks part Dragon... Dragon/Dark is more likely than Dragon/Fighting, in my opinion. It's a very cool typing, too bad it's still walled by Steels (although I'm sure it could carry EQ or Fire Blast).
say that to steelix who look like it got base 130 atack then show up with only 85 and he does look intimidating with those fangs and eyes.

i was only saying it would be cool to have a dragon/fighting, he DOES look like a rock/dragon or dark/dragon(or even dragon/bug for the lolz).

say that to steelix who look like it got base 130 atack then show up with only 85 and he does look intimidating with those fangs and eyes.

i was only saying it would be cool to have a dragon/fighting, he DOES look like a rock/dragon or dark/dragon(or even dragon/bug for the lolz).
Don't remind me of Steelix lol. I always thought it should have had like 80/130/170/55/65/30 with Intimidate.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Don't remind me of Steelix lol. I always thought it should have had like 80/130/170/55/65/30 with Intimidate.
Urgh... I agree completely... why'd you have to mention it, Lucalibur!? lol, Steelix could have been so much more; it's amazing just how much more effective Steelix could have been, even with the same BST (just redistributing the stats):

Current Steelix: 75/85/200/55/65/30
Better Steelix: 100/110/150/45/75/30

Would take special hits much easier and still have roughly the same incredible physical bulk (more than registeel), and could actually pose a respectable threat in return... in addition to Intimidate, he could also use Mold Breaker or Solid Rock instead of his current useless options.

Well, 100% koromori is confirmed so I think we can assume all the other ones in the sketch are (it be pretty stupid if they were fake)

Koromori has 162 hp and it's only 1st form. That's pretty good :)

What is this? Steelix fanboy thread? :D
I doubt the dragon will be Dragon/Fighting.
Yeah, that's exactly what it is. What, do you have a problem with Steelix or something? :naughty:

I personally agree with you, but you never know. Ononokusu's name comes from the Japanese for "to be feared", and people who are good at fighting are often feared. Still, a Dragon/Dark combo seems more fitting, but I'm not going to place bets on anything quite yet. Reshiram's secondary typing came completely out of left field (or it would have if Shoko hadn't slipped up on her blog) so maybe this dragon will end up being part Psychic or Water...if he's indeed a dragon at all!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
It's a brown Gible with a freaking mustache. Dragon enough to me.

NO. They're OBVIOUSLY not Pincers even though they obviously are, it's Gible with a mustache. :@

Koromori has 87-102 Base HP (assuming max IVs and min EVs and min EVs and IVs, respectively) which means it either has really good HP for a NFE or average to good HP for a FE.

I am hoping for like 150 to create a game and atmosphere of it own. My problem with gen 2 and 4 was that they seemed like the last games but with some additions. Going through the grass and always finding new pokemon would be sweet.

I'm thinking they'll make around 100 new ones (107 would give us exactly 600) but they could probably make up to 150. The odd numbered generations seem to have more new Pokemon than the even ones so we'll have to see. We probably won't get an exact number until the ROM is leaked.

I think baby-Kanghaskhan-thing's moustache is actually tusks, and that they will evolve to the blade-like tusk of green-dragon-thing. The problem is the colour scheme, although I think this explanations makes sense and we have seen colour changes before (and in pseudo-legendends). So I bet they're related, probably as Stage 1 and Stage 3.

I'm siding with a Kangaskhan line connection for the little brown thing. Kanga lacks a male line, and there're too many similarities on that head for me to overlook:

- The red eyes, just like Kanga
- The nostrils on the muzzle, exactly like Kanga's
- The brown 'cap', which admittedly here does extend to become a horn.
- The tusk, suggesting a possible male extension of Kanga's tooth.
- The colour-scheme.
- The three-fingered hands.

It looks like a baby male Kangaskhan far more than it looks like a pre-evo for the dragon.

Good Morning all Smogon users! Ahh! It looks like the topic for today is on Ononokusu, A pokemon who looks to me like Giratina's SON! Anyway I doubt it's a young version of giratina but gamefreak did get Ononokusu's look from their own Giratina. Hmmm, His type guesses: Bug, rock, ground, ghost, dark, dragon, or steel has to be one of the combinations. My personal guess Dragon/dark( This was supposed to be Zakrom's type not dragon/electric, but like alway gamefreak screwed her....) If I had a second guess for Ononokusu's type, possibly bug/dark (an evil armaldo) Anyway Did I say that Ononokusu look is my favorite next to Zakrom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)