Smogon Superstars II Preliminaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems I caught ViL too late. I tried PMing him on irc a while ago, but I'm guessing he is afk. These matches will get done if it kills me! Lord knows that I have lots of shit to do this week. =/

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Me and Mind were supposed to play today before the tour, but he said "in 30 minutes" and he left after he lost in the tour...

Hawk Eye

lost to eternal in a game where i was forced to do. I couldn't find a better time to battle, so i used some shit ass team and i lost.

lost to eternal in a game where i was forced to do. I couldn't find a better time to battle, so i used some shit ass team and i lost.
Confirming, gg. By "forced to" he means that he doesn't have much time to do it in the future so we agreed to do the tie breaker battle early.

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
I hate to be the boy that cried activity but I wanted to battle goofball earlier and he never wanted to battle, and I'm about to go out for the night and we can't battle on weekdays. Might need an extension here.

I hate to be the boy that cried activity but I wanted to battle goofball earlier and he never wanted to battle, and I'm about to go out for the night and we can't battle on weekdays. Might need an extension here.
Well, as you can see, not even half of the advancing field is determined. I'll probably have to give an extension. I don't like giving out activity wins, especially in a tournament like this.

Confirming, gg. By "forced to" he means that he doesn't have much time to do it in the future so we agreed to do the tie breaker battle early.
Alright, if Reach loses, welcome to the super 16. If he wins, you'll have to face him twice, and he has to win 2 of 3 matches in order to advance, so if you win at least 1 match, you advance.

I was busy playing the tour at the time and when I was done, I had to go AFK for a bit. I came back and both Delta and Flygon logged off. I'm clearly active just busy at times. I have intentions of completing my battles.

sent a VM to reachzero a while ago, but he never responded to it. sending him another one, and then hes on his own

Hawk Eye

Alright, if Reach loses, welcome to the super 16. If he wins, you'll have to face him twice, and he has to win 2 of 3 matches in order to advance, so if you win at least 1 match, you advance.
That's not what you said lol. If Reach beat snorlax and eternal and i beat reach then the round robin is a tie.. wtf are you talking about. Dude make up your mind.

Edit: Here,

12[22:53] <Grind_Pantera> What if reach loses? Would me and eternal battle? or will you take it based on H2H record.
[22:53] <tripe> if reach loses
[22:53] <tripe> sudden match
[22:53] <tripe> if reach wins
[22:53] <tripe> round robin
[22:54] <tripe> if no winner is decided from round robin

Here's more:
[22:56] <tripe> actually
[22:56] <tripe> you have 13 as well
12[22:56] <Grind_Pantera> how
12[22:56] <Grind_Pantera> i thought i had 11
[22:56] <tripe> you tied arin
[22:56] <tripe> if justinawe wins
[22:56] <tripe> you'll face arin in a tie breaker
12[22:56] <Grind_Pantera> oh
12[22:56] <Grind_Pantera> i see
12[22:57] <Grind_Pantera> alright i guess
[22:57] <tripe> 3 + 3 + 3 +4
[22:57] <tripe> that's your ratio

So basically what i understand from that. Is if Eternal and snorlax lose to reachzero, I face eternal one more time in a sudden death match.
[22:54] <tripe> I'll use the ratios I posted in that example

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Just posting again to say that I was on all day yesterday, didn't see Dark Lucario or Twash on, and I was on at their appropriate times. Now, I work everyday this week until 5pm est, 10pm Twash's time and even later in Germany, so I don't see how this is gonna happen. I'll keep my eye out for TAY.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just can't be active enough to get my matches done. I know it's a bit late, but I need to be subbed out.

Sorry opponents and tripe =(

That's not what you said lol. If Reach beat snorlax and eternal and i beat reach then the round robin is a tie.. wtf are you talking about. Dude make up your mind.

Edit: Here,

12[22:53] <Grind_Pantera> What if reach loses? Would me and eternal battle? or will you take it based on H2H record.
[22:53] <tripe> if reach loses
[22:53] <tripe> sudden match
[22:53] <tripe> if reach wins
[22:53] <tripe> round robin
[22:54] <tripe> if no winner is decided from round robin

Here's more:
[22:56] <tripe> actually
[22:56] <tripe> you have 13 as well
12[22:56] <Grind_Pantera> how
12[22:56] <Grind_Pantera> i thought i had 11
[22:56] <tripe> you tied arin
[22:56] <tripe> if justinawe wins
[22:56] <tripe> you'll face arin in a tie breaker
12[22:56] <Grind_Pantera> oh
12[22:56] <Grind_Pantera> i see
12[22:57] <Grind_Pantera> alright i guess
[22:57] <tripe> 3 + 3 + 3 +4
[22:57] <tripe> that's your ratio

So basically what i understand from that. Is if Eternal and snorlax lose to reachzero, I face eternal one more time in a sudden death match.
[22:54] <tripe> I'll use the ratios I posted in that example

Can you complete what I said earlier though? If you can, we'll go with what I said on Irc, if not we're going with the post. I came with that tiebreaker since well, according to Eternal, you said didn't have time in the future. I only said that because, I thought you had a lack of time to complete the tie-breaker, if I'm misunderstanding your scenario, then we'll go with what I said on IRC, and we can ignore that post. That quote might have led me to believe that you didn't have time to complete the tie breaker.

I'm trying...I sent a VM to Joel as well as a PM on irc. It seems I always catch him when he's afk and then he leaves. =/ I can't get on any earlier! ahhhhhh!!!!! Awaiting a response...

Edit: 1 mess up costed me the game. =/ Good game! I'm gonna keep kicking myself for that vital mistake. =( Oh well...

Hawk Eye

That wasn't what i meant when i said ''I don't have time''. It's pretty obvious Snorlax and Reach aren't getting done anytime soon. I don't have the time to just wait until they play, so i just played eternal. However if it ends up being a sudden death between me and eternal, then im sure i can find time for ONE battle. and sure if you think i left something important out of our irc convo, i'll pm you the entire thing.

lol at grind pantera, just beat reachzero 1-0 in an intense match with a little hax on each side. that takes care of the 3-way tie scenario in our bracket. very fun gg reachzero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)