Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

breh

強いだね
Do abilities of Pokemon change when they are transfered from Gen IV to Gen V via the pokeshifter?

No, unless you transfer.. for example a Nidoran male with poison point from gen 3 whose ability corresponds to Rivalry in the newer games straight to gen 5 without evolving it in gen 4. Then evolve it into Nidorino with Rivalry.

What is the japanese (Romaji) name for the Normal gem?

Alternatively, is there somewhere that might tell me this and other items as well? (Do not suggest bulbapedia, already checked, can't find any of the gen 5 items)

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Is there a simulator for Pokemon Black & White?
Here is the status of the top three battle simulators:

• Pokemon Laboratory - Will be done once the developers have time
  • Pokemon Online - Will be released once the English version of the game comes out
  • NetBattle Supremacy - No word on if Generation 5 will be implemented
When is the official English release date?
Spring 2011. Most likely mid-March to mid-April.
Hey. Lord Salamence from Pokemon Online. 5th Gen was released on Pokemon Online. Just FYI.

To clarify, the only way to get Pokémon from D/P/Pt/HG/SS to B/W is to use the PokéShifter, which is a one-way only transfer (like Pal Park), right? There's no way to do 2-way trading with compatible Pokémon between 4th and 5th gens like you could between 1st and 2nd gens, is there?

Also, I recall reading about a feature that allowed you to upload your save file to a global server or something like that... what is this feature called? I'd love to read more about it. It would seem like it would make it extremely easy to clone mass amounts of Pokémon and items, which I would find very surprising for Nintendo to purposely include in the game.

Thanks!

Okay, so I connected to Dream World for the first time today. It was fun, I like the minigames there. Still, I have a problem, because even if I succeeded in the minigames, no pokemon actually joined me. Where do I have to click to do it?(right after winning the minigame)

Or do I need National Pokedex for receiving DW pokemon?
Sorry for bumping this, but I really want to know.

Are there new ribbons on B/W? I've been looking at a lot of websites but none of them seem to mention it. Has anyone found any? :)

where can i get expert belt, leftovers and choice sash?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80682

This thread has all locations almost all items.

Leftovers [After crossing the Village Bridge from Route 11, head down South and there you will see trainers with their pokes. There you will see a trash can, it contains Leftovers. Another way to obtain Leftovers is by trading a Chirachiino for a Munchlax in Sazanami Town during summer. The Munchlax will be holding Leftovers.]

Expert Belt [Given to you by the shady guy in Hodome City market if you show him a Lv30+ Pokemon]

Choice sash...I'll assume you mean Focus Sash

It can be obtained in the Battle Subway.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80682

This thread has all locations almost all items.

Leftovers [After crossing the Village Bridge from Route 11, head down South and there you will see trainers with their pokes. There you will see a trash can, it contains Leftovers. Another way to obtain Leftovers is by trading a Chirachiino for a Munchlax in Sazanami Town during summer. The Munchlax will be holding Leftovers.]

Expert Belt [Given to you by the shady guy in Hodome City market if you show him a Lv30+ Pokemon]

Choice sash...I'll assume you mean Focus Sash

It can be obtained in the Battle Subway.
thank you very much
am i to assume both choice band, scarf and specs need to be got through the battle subway

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Choice Scarf can also be obtained by trading 30 times and talking to man in a suit found in the Hiun City Pokemon Center.

This is a somewhat odd question, but does anyone know whether or not the natures on your trainer card effect anything or are they just flavour text? I know you can change it so I'd assume it's just flavour text, but ya never know.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
@SBM:
It is a post-game area that is accessed from a waterfall on the route below Sazanami Bay.

@Ech0ez:
The nature on the trainer card is just flavor text.

so has anyone found any kind of move tutor yet...? the fact that this is still an unknown after looking at so many sites taking down details has me a little worried...

so has anyone found any kind of move tutor yet...? the fact that this is still an unknown after looking at so many sites taking down details has me a little worried...
This is a little vague but it could help you somewhat.
[In Pokémon Black and White, there are three move tutors in Isshu - one in Hodomoe City, one on Route 13, and one in Souryuu City. A man in his house in Hodomoe City teaches the newly-introduced Oath moves, which can be combined with each other in double and triple battles for additional effects. As before, the elemental Hyper Beam variants can be taught to happy fully-evolved starter Pokémon of each respective type, with the new move tutor being located on Route 13, and Draco Meteor is taught by Souryuu Gym Leader Shaga or Iris, depending on the game, with the same restriction as in Generation IV.]

Why don't repels work in the White forest? Well maybe that was a stupid way to phrase it since it's obvious the game programmers made it that way. By my lv. 90 urgamoth was in the front of my part and the repel were definitely up and running.

Here is a list of 200 Pokemon boasting the top Special Defense all the generations. In descending order:

Thank you, but I do not want a list of Special Defence. I already know of the highest Special Defenced. I want to know what is the most effective special wall, as Shuckle, the highest on the list, is destroyed by Taunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)