Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now on Serebii, it says that Magikarp, Carvannah, and Goldeen can be caught at the shining ocean location. Does that mean that it is now legal to battle with Overconfidence Gyrados, Speed Boost Sharpedo, and Lightning Rod Seaking?

Aaalright... Again:

I succeeded in the minigame in the Dream World which appeared after finding a certain pokemon. Yet, it didn´t join me. Where do I have to click to befriend it and be able to catch it in High Link? Do I need National Dex for simply befriending them?
--------
I re-wrote it now, so PLEASE answer me. People are catching DW pokemon already, and no one cares about telling me even if I´m asking for the third time now.

No offense, but it´s a bit annoying.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Right now on Serebii, it says that Magikarp, Carvannah, and Goldeen can be caught at the shining ocean location. Does that mean that it is now legal to battle with Overconfidence Gyrados, Speed Boost Sharpedo, and Lightning Rod Seaking?
Why shouldn't it?
As long as you can find them ingame they are totally ok for use over WiFi and i am sure PO will include them in the WiFi ladder soon too.

If I were to use Psych Up with a Simiple Kokoromori, would the newly acquired boosts be doubled as if I'd set up myself?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
By serious, I meant like dedicated discussion, as in a thread with people who will probably have an influence on the whole thing chiming in. But you make it sound as if there is an assumed plan to keep them in place while individual pokemon are being tested.

I'm honestly only asking because of all the preemptive banlist discussions, and the rift between people who want no pokemon bans at the start and those who want to start with a banlist.

It just seems to me like no preemptive pokemon bans and no initial clauses are two ideas of the same mold and thus there'd be something good to read about it.
Currently the only clauses in the standard Smogon metagame (WiFi Battle Me, WiFi Tournaments) are Sleep and Species. These are the same clauses that Pokemon Online's beta server was using. I'll make a thread about it in PR tonight or over the weekend so there's something concrete to refer to.

If you don't see it on this list, it's not legal as far as Smogon is concerned. Serebii is not a reliable source.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I seem to recall reading somewhere that the daycare man changed in that he like hollers at you and you autowalk over to him when he has an egg. Unlike before where you had to ask him to find out. Is this true?

Yes Mattj absolutely.

It calls you only when you have a free slot in your party though (which is all the more efficient in fact.

Anyone, for my Exp.Share problem ?

Is it actually confirmed that anyone is working on a simulator for 5th gen?
In addition to Pokemon Online and later Pokemon Lab, Gary Oak's shoddy 1 server is in the process of updating. A lot of the mechanics changes aren't done yet and some abilities don't work, but it's mostly good to go and you can still play there too if you don't like the new programs.

Please don't shoot me for advertising.

Blissey is as good as ever in gen 5 and Burungeru is pretty good too thanks to his awesome typing and instant recovery.
you could try Cresselia but it gets destroyed by the fire moth, Shandera and it cant even switch safely into Sazandora sice it often uses u-turn, not to mention her trouble with Scizor and T-Tar.

@Bulbasaur yes you can use them over Wi-Fi now
Any others?

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the daycare man changed in that he like hollers at you and you autowalk over to him when he has an egg. Unlike before where you had to ask him to find out. Is this true?
No, if you have a free slot in your party it will call you to take it, there is no auto-walk or anything like that, you'll only receive the egg if you talk to him.

No, if you have a free slot in your party it will call you to take it, there is no auto-walk or anything like that, you'll only receive the egg if you talk to him.
In fact, yes, there is a small auto-walk thing. After you press A to make the dialogue disappear, your character turns toward the Daycare man.

In fact, yes, there is a small auto-walk thing. After you press A to make the dialogue disappear, your character turns toward the Daycare man.
Agree, but i think that by auto-walk Mattj was asking if after calling us we were forced to take the egg, by auto walking to him and taking it. since he talked stuff like: "he likes hollers at you".
But that's just me.

Currently the only clauses in the standard Smogon metagame (WiFi Battle Me, WiFi Tournaments) are Sleep and Species. These are the same clauses that Pokemon Online's beta server was using. I'll make a thread about it in PR tonight or over the weekend so there's something concrete to refer to.
Okay, cool. Thank you.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You get the Everstone from the man in the suit found in the Hiun City Pokemon center after completing 10 trades. You can easily get them from Dangoro (Entrance to an Underground Water Vein) or Graveler (Training Cave). Each has a 50% chance of holding one.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
If I were to use Psych Up with a Simiple Kokoromori, would the newly acquired boosts be doubled as if I'd set up myself?
Yes

I succeeded in the minigame in the Dream World which appeared after finding a certain pokemon. Yet, it didn´t join me. Where do I have to click to befriend it and be able to catch it in High Link? Do I need National Dex for simply befriending them?No offense, but it´s a bit annoying.
Have you gone through these?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
To add on to the above answer, you do not need the National Dex to capture Dream World Pokemon. I started my game over and was able to capture a Nidoran M before the third badge.

I don't know a single thing about Black/White, so tell me if my interpretation of the format is correct:

-for in game random wifi battles, you can't use Pokemon that you transferred over from an old game if they have a move that they can no longer learn (i.e., a Focus Punch Gengar can be sent over but won't work for random online play until you get rid of Focus Punch).

-Dream World Pokemon have different abilities, can be caught in the Dream World, and then are legal for in game random wifi battles

-Non-in game battles on stuff like Pokemon Lab will follow the rules used for in game random wifi battles regarding clauses, which Pokemon are illegal, which movesets are legal, etc.

Is this all correct/did I miss anything? Thanks.

Aaalright... Again:

I succeeded in the minigame in the Dream World which appeared after finding a certain pokemon. Yet, it didn´t join me. Where do I have to click to befriend it and be able to catch it in High Link? Do I need National Dex for simply befriending them?
--------
I re-wrote it now, so PLEASE answer me. People are catching DW pokemon already, and no one cares about telling me even if I´m asking for the third time now.

No offense, but it´s a bit annoying.
i can only assue that people haven't answered your question, as they don't know, me included

if you haven't got the national dex, get it and try again
that's all i can really suggest

Okay, this is weird. In Pokémon Black, when I go up to Shaga's house in Souryuu City, I talk to her and she says something about a powerful Dragon Move that she could teach me, in this case Draco Meteor. I answer Yes and nothing happens after that. Do I need to do something else before she actually teaches my Dragons Draco Meteor?

(I have defeated the Elite Four once)

Okay, this is weird. In Pokémon Black, when I go up to Shaga's house in Souryuu City, I talk to her and she says something about a powerful Dragon Move that she could teach me, in this case Draco Meteor. I answer Yes and nothing happens after that. Do I need to do something else before she actually teaches my Dragons Draco Meteor?

(I have defeated the Elite Four once)
they need to be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)