B/W EV Training Hotspots

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Made to fit in with the same format as the other Hotspots in the EV training guide. So far all have 100% chance to encounter a pokemon with the EV, except I cannot figure a good enough area for Defense that does not rely on Swarm.

Poke | Levels | Location | EVs Given
HP
Maggyo | 15-35 | Route 8 / Sekka City (Surf) | 2

Attack
Minezumi / Yooteril | 2-4 | Route 1 | 1
Mebukijika / Hatoopo / Kurimgan / Kojofuu | 34-37 | Dragon Spiral Tower - Outside (Double Grass) | 2 / 2 / 2 / 1
*NOTE: Only has a 60% chance of encounter in the Winter*

Defense
Sandslash / Desukan / Onix | 47-50 | Ancient Castle - B4F | 2 / 2 / 1
*NOTE: Only has a 65% chance of encounter*
Kurumiru / Fushide | 14-17 | Yagaruma Forest | 1 / 1
*NOTE: Only has a 50% chance of encounter*

Special Attack
Hitomoshi | 26-29 | Tower of Heaven - 1F | 1

Special Defense
Pururiru | 5-15 | Route 4 / 17 / 18 (Surf) | 1

Speed
Basurao | 5-15 | Route 1 / 3 / 6 (Surf) | 2

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, Defense is kinds scarce in B/W, sadly. I came up with these several months ago though:

Def: Ancient Castle bottom floors (Sandslash +2, Desukan +2, Onix +1), Victory Road f1 (Aianto +2)

Not sure how great they are but they're there...

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, Defense is kinds scarce in B/W, sadly. I came up with these several months ago though:

Def: Ancient Castle bottom floors (Sandslash +2, Desukan +2, Onix +1), Victory Road f1 (Aianto +2)

Not sure how great they are but they're there...
I try to have 85%+ for any place I put as a hotspot and Ancient Castle only goes up to 65% and Aianto only has a 40% chance. I am gonna keep looking, but I may have to lower my standards for this :(

For defense, the ancient castle (B4) has a 65% chance f finding a pokemon with defense evs. In electric rock cave you have a 59% chance of finding a defense ev giving pokemon.

I dont think there is anything else

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Another Attack hotspot that can give you EVs faster:

The doubles Grass to the right of the entrance of Dragon Spiral Tower. All Pokemon there give you 1-2 Attack EVs - Mebukijika (+2), Hatoopo (+2), Kurimgan (+2), and Kojofuu (+1).

Since there's a chance of a wild double battle, you can get up to 4 EVs in one battle.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Speed
Basurao gives 2 Speed EVs, not 1.

Defense
Yagaruma Forest has Kurumiru (35% encounter, Lv 14-17, 1 Defense EV) and Fushide (15% encounter, Lv 15-16, 1 Defense EV).
Illusion Forest has Kurumayu (35% encounter, Lv 19-22, 2 Defense EVs) and Fushide (15% encounter, Lv 20-21, 1 Defense EV).

So there is a a 50% chance in each of these locations to encounter a Pokemon that yields a Defense EV. This is a lower rate than the other locations mentioned, but the levels are also more manageable.

Ditto

/me huggles

The doubles Grass to the right of the entrance of Dragon Spiral Tower. All Pokemon there give you 1-2 Attack EVs - Mebukijika (+2), Hatoopo (+2), Kurimgan (+2), and Kojofuu (+1).

Since there's a chance of a wild double battle, you can get up to 4 EVs in one battle.
Yeah, the thing about that is it doesn't yield as much in one of the seasons (winter I think). It is only 65% in that. I will add it as a better, yet not as consistent substitute.

Speed
Basurao gives 2 Speed EVs, not 1.

Defense
Yagaruma Forest has Kurumiru (35% encounter, Lv 14-17, 1 Defense EV) and Fushide (15% encounter, Lv 15-16, 1 Defense EV).
Illusion Forest has Kurumayu (35% encounter, Lv 19-22, 2 Defense EVs) and Fushide (15% encounter, Lv 20-21, 1 Defense EV).

So there is a a 50% chance in each of these locations to encounter a Pokemon that yields a Defense EV. This is a lower rate than the other locations mentioned, but the levels are also more manageable.
I might add the first one for a more manageable area. The second is not needed in my opinion.

edit: nvm this post

So.. now that I am going to make absolutely sure I'm not saying something stupid again.

I would propose Route 10 as an Attack Hot Spot.

Baffuron/Haderia/Washibon/(Black)Dageki 2-2-1-2
http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/route10.shtml

90% of battles are attack ev's, winter spring summer or fall in Black, 80% in White. And it has doubles grass with the same pokemon appearing, except mushroom pokeball guy has evolved (2 HP EV's instead of 1, and for Whiter's Nageki will give 2 HP whereas Dageki gives 2 Atk EV's in Black)
~Useful over route 1 since Route 1 is... well... route 1. You won't get any experience, and they're all only 1 ev per pokemon.

The other problem, though maybe I'm just innocent, but I don't think you can actually reach the doubles grass outside dragon spiral tower UNLESS it's winter. As I just found out, in winter a snow mound piles up beside it, allowing you to reach the doubles grass. I haven't seen spring in the game, but I doubt you can reach it in spring, and I know you can't in summer and fall.

Also, Tower of Heavens on the 3F you can find Riguree, which will also give 1 SpA. Not that it changes much, but there is the nurse on the... 3rd floor I think it is, that heals your pokemon. Which is nice when you're EV training and want to refresh your pp.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Here are the English names, assuming the leaked list is 100% correct.

I personally find that the Dragonspiral Tower spot is semi-unreliable unless it is Spring/Summer/Autumn and you surf to the Outside Doubles grass. 30% chance of encountering Deerling in all seasons in singles grass, and 30% chance of encountering Vanillish in doubles grass in winter.

HP
Stunfisk | 15-35 | Route 8 / Icirrus City (Surf) | 2

Attack
Patrat / Lillipup | 2-4 | Route 1 | 1
Tranquill / Druddigon / Mienfoo | 31-33 | Dragonspiral Tower - Outside/Entrance (Single Grass) - Spring/Summer/Autumn | 2 / 2 / 1
*Note: Only a 70% chance of encounter*
Tranquill / Sawsbuck / Druddigon / Mienfoo | 34-37 | Dragonspiral Tower - Outside (Double Grass) - Spring/Summer/Autumn | 2 / 2 / 2 / 1
Sawsbuck / Beartic / Mienfoo | 30-33 | Dragonspiral Tower - Outside/Entrance (Double Grass) - Winter | 2 / 2 / 1

Defense
Dangoro | 10-13 | Underground Waterway Opening | 1
Sandslash / Cofagrigus / Onix | 47-50 | Ancient Castle - B4F | 2 / 2 / 1
Sewaddle / Venipede | 14-17 | Pinwheel Forest (Inner area) | 1 / 1

Special Attack
Litwick | 26-29 | Tower of Heaven - 1F | 1

Special Defense
Frillish | 5-15 | Route 4 / 17 / 18 / Hodomoe City (Surf) | 1
Claydol | 47-50 | Ancient Castle - B4F (Ulgamoth's Room) | 2

Speed
Basculin | 5-15 | Route 1 / 3 / 6 / Sanyou City (Surf) | 2

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
More English City Locations, if leak lists are to be believed.

HP
Stunfisk | 15-35 | Route 8 / Icirrus City (Surf) | 2

Attack
Patrat / Lillipup | 2-4 | Route 1 | 1
Tranquill / Druddigon / Mienfoo | 31-33 | Dragonspiral Tower - Outside/Entrance (Single Grass) - Spring/Summer/Autumn | 2 / 2 / 1
Tranquill / Sawsbuck / Druddigon / Mienfoo | 34-37 | Dragonspiral Tower - Outside (Double Grass) - Spring/Summer/Autumn | 2 / 2 / 2 / 1
Sawsbuck / Beartic / Mienfoo | 30-33 | Dragonspiral Tower - Outside/Entrance (Double Grass) - Winter | 2 / 2 / 1

Defense
Roggenrola | 10-13 | Wellspring Cave | 1
Sandslash / Cofagrigus / Onix | 47-50 | Relic Castle - B4F | 2 / 2 / 1
Sewaddle / Venipede | 14-17 | Pinwheel Forest (Inner area) | 1 / 1

Special Attack
Litwick | 26-29 | Celestial Tower - 1F | 1

Special Defense
Frillish | 5-15 | Route 4 / 17 / 18 / Driftveil City (Surf) | 1
Claydol | 47-50 | Relic Castle - Maze End | 2

Speed
Basculin | 5-15 | Route 1 / 3 / 6 / Striaton City (Surf) | 2

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Don't know if this helps, but this is the EV/mon list. Not translated into english... You can use the encounter slots I've translated at the RNG Research thread to correlate where to train. :)

I found this information here: http://pkmn.eu/?action=content&page=viewpage&id=8877

It's well organized, contains information on what EVs are, what the Power Items and new Wing items do, and contains a list of hotspots which look really convenient. Sorry if the link has already been posted or if the information is nothing new, just thought it would help since it's the best thing I could find.

Would Audino be better for EV training than Stunfisk? Both give out 2 HP EVs, and Audino can be found pretty much anywhere there's grass (and they have a high encounter rate in shaking grass, which is easy to get).

Not really, because there is an area where you can find Stunfisk 100% of the time (Icirrus City is one example) surfing and it is less time-consuming to find. For an initial level-up of weak Pokemon that require only a few EV's however, Audino is useful to grow the Pokemon to independent levels.

This generation has nice EV training spots for all stats apart from Defence.

In the Relic Castle the Cofagrigus Grudge PP away, the Cottonee Stun Spore low levelled or slow Pokémon you're training before you can run in the Pinwheel Forest (I was doing Solosis...), and the Roggenrola have Sturdy in Wellspring Cave... oh well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)