CAP 12 CAP 1 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there are so many concepts, and in order to comment on them all my comments would end up mute and fairly useless, I've decided to instead pick out my favorite concepts and post what it is about them that I like so much. When considering my current favorites, I asked myself whether I thought of any one or two Pokemon directly as I read the concept, and then I tried to answer the questions provided myself. If I had a Pokemon in-mind the whole time, like Excadrill with sand sweeper or Reuniclus with Trick Room abuser, it likely isn't something I'd endorse. Similarly, if I could answer the questions in a concept with "Of course! It's (...)" then I think the concept isn't something we should really pursue. The best concepts are those that really make you think and want to discuss them.

Interestingly, I think that Admiral_Korski's concept Momentum does this very well. I doubt anyone can truthfully and with actual evidence answer any of his questions, and the concept itself really doesn't suggest to me anything of a single Pokemon. It's been submitted to pretty much every CAP for awhile, but I've had more questions than answers since BW rolled around when it comes to momentum. I think it is definitely a top contender for this CAP.

I'd also like to give a nod of bubbly goodness to DarkSlay with his Lead concept. It's a simple concept that would never have been good in DPP, but now in BW more than ever players find themselves asking "What makes a good lead?". Most of this is because the wifi clause has completely jeopardized the lead role. Now you not only need general coverage or good setup, you need versatility. This is something that pretty much no lead actually has enough of, and is a concept that I think would be a lot of fun exploring more of. I honestly, at a quick thought, have no clue what typing, stat spread, or movepool would benefit a lead in BW most, and I think that carries over to our community as well. The discussions we'd get out of it would be enlightening and exciting, and I think that's ultimately what CAP is all about.

These are the two concepts so far that really stood out to me. I've read over all of them a lot and either they don't seem like they would create a very exciting process or they lack depth. Some concepts like Jib's Disabler or Destiny_Warrior's doubles CAP are cool, but are things I don't think really strike a chord as our first CAP. Overall, though, I think that there's lots of good stuff in this thread so far, and I can't wait to see more.

Hi.

First, here are a few CaP concepts that I have reviewed that have not been commented on already.

Concept: Perfect Enemy

General Description: A Pokemon designed to be another popular Pokemon's worst nightmare. They are an absolute full stop to that Pokemon and others like it, although they may lack in other areas. Examples include Infernape and Starmie, or Suicune and Vaporeon.
I really like this concept and I am very surprised that no one has commented on it. This concept fits perfectly when deciding how broad or how narrow a topic is and can be. It is similar to that of CaP 11's concept "Perfect Mate" yet still at the same time different. There is a lot of heat and argument progressing in The Policy Review over what should be banned and what should not. This concept can in fact remove at least one Pokemon that everyone is crying over and still be a successful in general. One of the concepts I will be praising in the future.

Name: The Second Guesser

General Description: The Second Guesser can play two (or more) vastly different roles (but not at the same time) which must be dealt with in completely different ways, however its role can frequently be guessed by analyzing the rest of his team in Team Preview before the battle.
Staraptor Call's concept is quite similar to this one, I suggest you read ALL concepts before posting your own.

Concept: Fall of the Fighters (and Psychics)

General Description: A Pokemon which is able to make the metagame less focused on Fighting type Pokemon(think Birijion, Blaziken, Roobushin) and Psychic Pokemon (Rankurusu, Lati@s, Shinporaa)
A nice idea, but This concept is way too narrow in terms of broadness. Ultimately this concept is begging for a Dark type and moves that deal significant damage to many Fighting and Psychic types.

------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------

Now then, I have thought long and hard and I have come up with my concept for the first CaP for Generation 5.

Name: Can't touch this.

General Description: A Pokemon that has little counters, checks or moves that can safely eliminate it by pokemon, but on the other hand have counters that can destroy it effortlessly.

Justification: There are not many Pokemon that have any particular direct counters, rather plausible checks. With fewer counters but the ultimate power at their disposal, a Pokemon can function much better without yet greatly less with. Such a Pokemon can make a nice niche to the metagame and make it both easier an harder to play the game at the same time. It can also teach us more about checks and counters which can be helpful for this new metagame in age.

Questions to be answered:

• Will a Pokemon that can come in and perform well on a large majority of the metagame be too powerful to be contained by a team?
  • After this Pokemon has its counter(s) removed, will it be far too difficult to apprehend?
  • How totally defenseless must a Pokemon be against another to have it's opponent classified as a counter?
  • With different move-sets and abilities, when can we distinguish whether or nor a Pokemon is a check or counter against one another?
Explanation: Many Pokemon have the great opportunity to set-up or simply wall a group of other Pokemon out there, but at the same time have the exact same thing happen to them but by others. What if a pokemon had the ability to do whatever it wanted against a larger majority of than others though have fewer counters that had the power of its dismissal at the flick of a finger? This could simply mean after the Pokemon's counter(s) are gone, it could wreck havoc throughout the remainder of the battle.

That is it for now, I will review some more concepts later.

Thanks, bye!

Copy-Pasted From the Gen V Theorymon Thread. I received no feedback on it, and while perhaps too specific( I will admit that: the scope of this project is perhaps very narrow), I believe it does ask a couple good questions regarding weather. I will note that, the great implication of this CAP, comes dangerously close to breaking the "Specific Abilities are not allowed" rule. I made note of that in two of my questions, although the "loophole" is more CAI, than CAP and is admittedly not the purpose of the CAP project.

Concept: Infinite Field-Effect Support MK II

Description: An alternative method of setting up field effects: by supporting the moves rather than the abilities.

Justification: Create a pokemon that is able to create field effects that last for an infinite amount of turns, but is unable to create them without moves. That is to say, in order to make use of this effect, it must use the MOVE with the intended effect (i.e. Sunny Day for Sun, etc.).

Questions:
What about the abilities Drought, Drizzle, Sand Stream, and Snow Warning make them so good for Weather Teams?
Follow-Up: Is it the auto-inducing effect or the infinite effect?
How competitively viable are Trick Room, Gravity, Wonder Room and "lesser" field effects?
Given that this Pokemon can have ANY field condition move, does there need to be some sort of reveal on this Pokemon so the opponent knows which ones it has to remain balanced? (Think Rotom-A)
Follow-Up to Previous Question (assumes yes to previous): Would four separate CAP Pokemon (one for each weather with specialized move pools) need to be created to test this, or would one Pokemon that is restricted somehow by form be created?
Would Infinite Weather be better if it was created by a Move or ability?
While Pokemon that were not typically used in OU play have had a MASSIVE spike in usage because of abilities they received, did they gain any niches unique to themselves that are hard to see because of the lack of competition for their current niches?
Do you NEED an ability to carry out a role like this? Would say, an item, suffice?
Follow-up to above: If a Pokemon needs an item to carry out a role, how much competition can it handle from other Pokemon with that item(i.e. Mew, Smeargle, etc.)?
How many attacking moves (and of what type) must a Pokemon hold on to in order to be effective?

Explanation: Test Strategical Power of Weather abilities by giving a Pokemon only one of the desirable effects of Weather abilities. Otherwise, Test Strategical Power of more "gimmicky" strategies to test for competitive possibilities of future generations of games.

Since it IS possible that the auto-inducing part will make this CAP Pokemon outclassed by DroughTales, DrizzleToad, Ttar, Hippo, and Abomasnow, additional moves like Gravity, Trick Room, Wonder Room and other field effects that at present have no Pokemon capable of auto-inducing them should be in the move-pool for two reasons.
1) If this Pokemon is deemed unsatisfactory for weather support, it still has a unique niche to fall back on.
2) It lets us see whether or not field effects are only "gimmicky" because they have not been given reasonable competitive prowess, or if their effects are truly not worth using.

They do not have to be included, however. This is more of a personal appeal that I'd like to see CAP 'mon meant for OU stay in OU even if they're outclassed in some niches by other existing pokemon. This is important REGARDLESS of the CAP, and is more of a means of preventing that rather than a necessity for me. That being said, such an action allows for additional data-mining, so to speak.

Edit: I have to say that otherwise Admiral_Korski's idea interests me as well. Are we the ones responsible for momentum loss/gain or is it the Pokemon/System?
Unguluateman's as well. Thanks to Vaz for pointing it out. I was skimming this thread the first time and didn't spot it. I'll go farther: if you create the perfect enemy for a pokemon in a perfect pair, will it's partner see a decrease in usage, or will it become infinitely more important to pair them up?

@Vaz: That concept could likely result in a broken Pokémon. The entire idea of "either you have those exact answers or you're utterly swept" somehow stinks.

@Reachzero: I edited my concept a bit, expanding the explaination and clarifying the short description. Basically, my point is that this concept, while it could go in many different ways, is not as broad as, say, "Neglected Ability" was. In fact, we can easily decide in the Concept Assessment part which role we want for this Pokémon - sweeper, wall, or support. From there, the slate of options from typing onwards will be significantly reasonable. For example, if we were to decide for a sweeper, once we rule out the less viable sweeping types (Poison, Normal etc) as well as the types too theme-related (like Water or Rock), you'll see that we won't have more than 5-7 options, which sounds ok to me.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've been hanging back a bit and mostly commenting on #cap, but here are my thoughts on some of the concepts.

Weather Concepts in general:

capefeather got to this one first but this criticism is directed at weather-centric concepts in general. Weather is so volatile from a rules standpoint right now that I think we should lay off it for CAP 1. Ever since policy has delved into specific bans like Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team the thought of trying to build a CAP around weather now when the rules could change at any moment doesn't seem fruitful. Once weather policy settles down for BW (if ever) it would be worth it to look into.

Admiral_Korski's Momentum:

My initial thoight on this would that it would be too vague of a concept, but then one of my old Smog articles popped into my head. When I was doing competitive retypings for UU Pokemon, the first Pokemon on my list was Claydol, and I wanted to change it from Ground/Psychic to Ground/Poison. My primary reasoning was that Claydol's typing was a hindrance to its function as a Rapid Spinner and a hazard Pokemon because it always lost too much momentum given the ubiquitousness of U-turn and Pursuit as well as its weakness to the STAB of Spinblockers.

In this sense I think of Momentum as a Pokemon that has a specific function that either dissembles the opponents strategy or plays into your own, preferably both. The Pokemon has a very defined niche and usually doesn't fit into either a sweeper or tank role. Claydol for example is built more defensively, but it's not entirely impotent offensively either since it has good coverage and an effective offensive STAB. Momentum would be interesting if it created a support Pokemon capable of playing both sides of the field in terms of setting up your strategy or stymieing the opponents.

DarkSlay's Lead:

This is intriguing but my fundamental problem with it is it seems like it's geared toward "Make a Pokemon that is good generally but also has moves like Fake Out, priority, and hazards." Outside of those specific "lead moves" I have trouble figuring out how this could possibly be directed. Granted that some leads are better than others, but it's hard for me to find a good niche for this without being specific. Nonetheless I think it would be a good concept to follow after an assesment discussion.

Many of the other concepts are flawed for similar reasons to DarkSlay's lead, in that they're basically "Build a Pokemon that has resistances to major threats and can defeat them but also has weaknesses to other threats that aren't as major." Which is the basic description of every Pokemon that has ever inhabited any OU tier. It needs to have a bit more direction than that to be a good concept, and DarkSlay's provides enough of a novelty to make up for the general vagueness.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@DarkSlay's lead: Gen 5 has thrown the definition of a lead out of the hall window, so this could be interesting. The only problem I'd have with this is what Deck said; I'm hard pressed to find a way to make a dedicated lead which brings something new to the plate. There are no true leads left, so this would probably end up as a "cleaner/supporter", but that's just how I see it.

Name: Glass Wall
General Description: A Pokémon with amazing defensive stats, but one or two crippling weaknesses, possibly common.
Justification: Basically, what would happen if Lugia were, say, Bug/Grass? Or some other unfortunate typing? We have plenty of things with bulk that suck due to poor typing (i.e. Aggron, <insert fire-type wall>, Articuno) but what if they were built specifically to make up for this?
Questions To Be Answered:
- If it ends up SR weak, especially 4x, is it even possible for a wall to make up for such a weakness?
- How can a Pokémon best deal with a 4x weak? Heatran, for example, uses a balloon now, but in Gen 4 it relied on either Substitute or simply outspeeding and KOing the opponent. It's also more geared to sweeping.
- Can such a wall deal with Rain and Sand, and even Sun offense?
- Should it be geared such that it can fit onto any team, or that it needs team support to specifically get around its weaknesses?

Explanation: We have plenty of walls with good typing. These tend to be used fairly often. Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Blissey, and Lugia are all good examples of amazing typings coupled with good defensive stats. Then we have Pokémon that are made amazing simply by their typing. Last generation, the Rotom forms were a perfect example of this. Rotom's ghost typing basically made it awesome. It could spinblock, had 3 immunities, and was just good in general. How often do you see Rotom now, when it's no longer ghost-type? You might see the odd washer Rotom, since Water is one of the best types in the game.

Yet we have walls farther down the list. What of Articuno? It has stellar defenses, but is unfortunately crippled with the Ice/Flying typing. This not only removes its fighting resistance, but gives it a weakness to Steel, Fire, and gives it a 4x Rock weakness. Which just so happens to mean that it's crippled by Stealth Rock, can't wall special sweepers with access to Flamethrower or Thunderbolt that well, and loses to Scizor. Switch out Ice for Psychic, and we might have something worth using.

There are plenty of examples of such poor typing. Are all Pokémon with poor typing doomed to the depths of NU, keeping the likes of Entei company? Perhaps. Yet what if we were to try and make such a thing work? Make a horrid typed wall, with a movepool, stats, and ability to make up for the typing. Is this possible? We can certainly try.

Concept: Crippler

Description:
-While not being a support pokemon, be able to cripple a large amount of the sweeping metagame with status, stat altering effects, varied movepool, etc.
Justification:
-Some Pokemon are used as cripplers, but they often only fit one role and are predictable and counterable.

-What types are most prevalent in the OU 5th gen metagame as sweepers?
-What stat is most favored? Special or Physical?
-How can a Pokemon focus on crippling a wide range of targets without being simply a support pokemon?
-How can a pokemon check more than one pokemon at a time?
-How can a cripple-based pokemon survive on its own?
-How to pokemon based upon crippling others succeed? And how do they fail?

Explanations:
-Weather has become a much larger threat in the 4th and 5th generations with the inclusion of weather rocks and more diverse stat-altering abilities for specific weathers. Pokemon and moves have become more intricate so sunny day teams are no longer all fire and grass type, and rain dance teams are no longer all water and electric. Not to mention that the 5th generation brings along some pokemon with great attacking stats or incredible bulk, very few that would be projected NU.

-Some Pokemon, such as Jellicent, Skarmory, and Celebi, fit unique roles to cripple opponents, such as Thunder Waving, Toxicing, and Boiling Watering, with specific movepools and sets to go along with them. But there isn't a Pokemon that can do all of it, at least effectively.

-This concept would be able to cripple threats through status/ability/stats (any means really) without being overpowered. It would not be a wall, nor a cleric, or a sweeper, nor a baton passer, etc., but it could fit many purposes. It would be able to make weather-teams unadvisable, or at least could be used against all sorts of weather teams.

Concept: Defensive Baton Pass
Explanation: A more defensively based baton passer, therefore, removing from the passer the ability to sweep on its own.

Justification: Baton Pass users and teams have dramatically dropped in ranking. Most of this is that users are so frail they must use a focus sash. There strategy is seriously ruined though when either hail, sand, entry hazards, or fake out breaks a sash without breaking a sweat.

-Would this Pokémon be broken?
-Would hail and sand still threaten this passer?
-Would entry hazards be a problem for this Pokémon?
-Does this allow you to pass to frail, diverse Pokémon who were earlier unable to sweep?

Explanation: A stat raising Pokémon who also learns Baton Pass, and can take a few neutral hits. This Pokémon would not need to force switches to set-up, and it could get a sub up if a switch is made. I do see unaware being a major threat to this Pokémon and would most likely do quite a bit of damage too.
Any thoughts?

Generally speaking, whether your concept gets any feedback on its own without you quoting it and trying to hype it is a good indicator of the quality of the concept. If it gets lots of talk on its own, it's probably a good concept, and otherwise it's probably unexciting or lacks in many areas such as the questions to be answered, explanation, and justification.

Supporting Admiral_Korski's Momentum idea. I think this is an excellent idea, and there are all kinds of ways we could try to go about doing this, which would, as dougjustdoug said, better explore the concept of momentum and momentum shift.

Also:

Name: Hail Stall Partner
General Description: A pokemon that shores up the general weaknesses of hail while still using hail to its advantage.
Justification: Hail has always been the least used of the weather conditions, with few pokemon, most of them Ice types, who really gain any kind of benefit from hail. Hail stall has one excellent pokemon, Walrein, that functions as its main staller, but cannot compete with the multitude of walls available to both sand, rain and heavy stall. I feel that if we added a pokemon that works well under hail and shores up hail's common weaknesses, we may see if hail stall could actually be viable in OU.

• Would hail stall be an effective strategy in OU with the addition of this pokemon?
  • Will a single pokemon suffice to make hail stall viable, or is hail stall to inherantly flawed to be saved without significant buffs?
Explanation: Hail sweeping is significantly outclassed by Sand, Rain and Sun sweeping, since now all three (damn sand) have abilities that double the speed of their pokemon. Hail sweeping is also harshly destroyed by priority moves, being weak to bullet punch and mach pun and resiting only Ice Shard. Blizzard teams have suffered from forcing you to use abomasnow and other Ice types or rely on unstabed Ice moves, which are resisted by Fire, Water and Steel, three quite common types. However, Hail stall, led by Walrein, has shown itself to be somewhat viable and worthy of a second look, especially with the new dustproof pokemon. Rather than trying to sweep with hail, adding an excellent defensive partner for Walrein would make hail viable in OU.

Again, using a specific move. Description and justification are not usable like this, but the idea of making full use of residual damage is a good concept.

I completely agree, this would make for a far more exciting concept than what I originally had said.

But as far as my most liked ideas that I've seen for CAP 1 Gen V in this thread, I like

ungulateman - Perfect Enemy

I love the thought of there being a truly solid counter to something such as Excadrill and other fast boosting sweepers.

Deck Knight - Non-Trivial Pursuit

Pursuit has always been one of the "best" moves in the game that hasn't really had the privilege of being on many of the "best" pokemon in the game, since a huge majority of Pursuit users are just straight up too frail to switch in on most threats that they'd want to pursuit to death, and the ones that can tank the hit, are slower than molasses.

Alchemator - Chipper Jabber

This idea sounds to me like it would be something akin to Gen IV Flygon, something that constantly comes in and chips at the opposing pokemon while switching itself out and gaining you some momentum in the process.

Yeah, it's not released yet, but we already have the perfect momentum-mon. It's called Scarf Eccentric Ditto.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alchemator - Chipper Jabber

This idea sounds to me like it would be something akin to Gen IV Flygon, something that constantly comes in and chips at the opposing pokemon while switching itself out and gaining you some momentum in the process.
Yep, you're on the right lines. Flygon's primary use though (arguably more than scouting) was revenge-killing. I still think that chipping can be explored further as reachzero said.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Reposting with changes due to suggestions:

Concept: Deadly Molasses

General Description: The metagame has gotten incredibly fast. With each successive generation it has accelerated even more. This Pokemon would provide a slower alternative that is viable in the metagame. By this I do not mean a new wall with great bulk and resistances - Ferrothorn already does that plenty well. I mean a powerful mixed attacker that is held in check by its slow speed.

Justification: Very few slow Pokemon are used, and all of them have at least one enormous factor in their favor, usually massive bulk. The concept of the bulky sweeper still exists, but even they tend to have some speed.

Questions to be Answered:
- Can a Pokemon that is neither bulky nor fast survive in the metagame?
- Does making a Pokemon that can OHKO many common fast sweepers dramatically change the metagame?
- Would this Pokemon help make Trick Room a more viable strategy?
- Would this Pokemon need to rely on a strategy like Trick Room or multiple priority attacks to be viable?
- Even with 4 attacks, can this Pokemon cover enough of the metagame to be a threat?

Explanation: This Pokemon will likely need to rely on either using priority or being used under Trick Room. Therefore, it would need to resist common priority (essentially meaning Mach Punch, others are added bonuses). Ideally, this Pokemon would not be too dependent on team assistance to be usable. While it would certainly function better under Trick Room, easily set up by Reuniclus, it should not fear hazards. The two options I see are a Pokemon with Deoxys-A-like (special)attack but is outsped by many common OU Pokemon or an even slower Pokemon with access to many different priority options, such as the unresisted combo of mach punch and shadow sneak, that can be used off of its excellent attack.

Hope I did this right

Name: Viva La Evolution
General Description: Give a completely competitively un-viable (though prehaps still unique) Pokemon an evolution, with the standard movepool and stats improvements that always go with evolution (Not entirely sure if this is an acceptable, and may be best to wait until there are truly stable tiers even if valid, but tossing it out)
Justification:

• Allows us to learn more about the metagame (e.g Kitsunoh’s Ultimate Scout): What makes a Pokemon OU? How unique does somethings niche and or abilities have to be to prevent flat out outclassing competeting pokes? How useful does it have to be to get used even with other options around?
  • Has a positive effect on the metagame: Removes something from being doomed to NU that may otherwise have an intresting role in the metagame.

-How few changes would it take for a bad Pokemon to become good?
-What makes a Pokemon OU (as said in the justification)?

I wanted to point out something that I don't want our users confused by:
Aerodactyl Legend said:
What's with you kids and Trick Room? Again, a specific move is illegal to use as a concept. How about leaving your idea at anti-metagame instead?
The bolded part of this quote is incorrect. It is ok to base an entire concept around a single move, as you might do with a "Rapid Spinner" concept or a "Gravity" concept or a "Trick Room" concept. It's only illegal if you create a list of moves that a Pokemon must have or must not have. That's the difference.
Deck Knight said:
capefeather got to this one first but this criticism is directed at weather-centric concepts in general. Weather is so volatile from a rules standpoint right now that I think we should lay off it for CAP 1. Ever since policy has delved into specific bans like Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team the thought of trying to build a CAP around weather now when the rules could change at any moment doesn't seem fruitful. Once weather policy settles down for BW (if ever) it would be worth it to look into.
You know, I've been thinking about it, and I disagree with you. It's specifically because weather is so up in the air that this is the best time to do it. It's like a concept from DPP that could handle Garchomp would need to be aptly timed to before Garchomp's removal from OU, naturally. This is similar. If weather is so volatile now, this may be the only chance we get to really play with it! That makes interesting weather concepts very valuable to this CAP.
deuxhero said:
Give a completely competitively un-viable Pokemon an evolution
No, this cannot happen. This imposes insane limitations on the movepool of the CAP, the abilities of the CAP, the typing of the CAP, the art of the CAP, and the stats of the CAP. EVO was discussed a long time ago as a standalone process and did not pass the concept stage due to moderator disapproval. Sorry, but it will not be happening.

Well, to be honest, I have no idea why Korski's idea is so popular. Any Pokémon can gain momentum. You don't need a specific one to do that.

No, this cannot happen. This imposes insane limitations on the movepool of the CAP, the abilities of the CAP, the typing of the CAP, the art of the CAP, and the stats of the CAP. EVO was discussed a long time ago as a standalone process and did not pass the concept stage due to moderator disapproval. Sorry, but it will not be happening.

Allright, just tossing it out.

mudkipmaster said:
Well, to be honest, I have no idea why Korski's idea is so popular. Any Pokémon can gain momentum. You don't need a specific one to do that.
That it is so flexible is a great boon to the concept. Because it is flexible, addresses a part of the game that we know little about, and would create exciting discussion on what battle momentum actually is and how we can control it, it would make a great concept for the project.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It is ok to base an entire concept around a single move, as you might do with a "Rapid Spinner" concept or a "Gravity" concept or a "Trick Room" concept. It's only illegal if you create a list of moves that a Pokemon must have or must not have. That's the difference.
So my original submission of Trick Room Abuser was ok? Regardless, I changed it above to be a bit more open-ended. Plus Deadly Molasses is a better name.

Name: Glass Wall
General Description: A Pokémon with amazing defensive stats, but one or two crippling weaknesses, possibly common.
Every wall has crippling weaknesses...Shedinja has five, Cresselia hates status and Pursuit, Blissey can't take physical attacks very well, especially ones like Focus Punch and Close Combat, Articuno has Stealth Rock, etc. Note how the ones with more common weaknesses are all UU...Articuno, Shedinja, etc.

srk1214 said:
So my original submission of Trick Room Abuser was ok?
Yes. If you're ever curious, read the rules for concept submissions here or in the OP of this thread. The following is the relevant rule for your past concept:
Rules said:
A specific move can be mentioned if it is the basis for the entire concept. For example, the Concept "Rapid Spinner" would obviously mention the move Rapid Spin.

Just wanted to point out to "Raj" that in your concept proposal you repeatedly switch from "Victreebell of the hail" to "Venasaur of the hail" and it is very confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)