Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Singles
2vs2
3 day DQ
2 Recover / 5 Chills

Arena: Football field.
A standard football field, and if ay arguments come up, just use the NY Jets' stadium.

@ Lady Salamence
I accept
Switch=KO
All Abilities
No Items
Man, it's sad that there are still a couple of lingering battles last page that needs refs, so I'll go ref this one, hopefully not overextending my own abilities. PM teams, thanks!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Looking for a 3v3 Singles match once I get my new Pokemon in the Prize thread...

3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ Time
Max 2 Recovery moves & 5 Chills per Pokemon

Arena: Port Town
<Picture>
Based on the Super Smash Bros Brawl arena on the same name, which itself, was inspired by a F-Zero racetrack. The arena itself is a floating platform that is rather narrow: Registering at a measly 3 metres wide (~10 feet for the Americans) & 10 metres long (~33'4" for the Americans). The surface is effectively metal/glass, so the surface isn't diggable. On odd number rounds, this platform is on the ground/racetrack leaving the Pokemon vulnerable to the stage's hazard, which I'll go into later, while on even numbered rounds, this platform is not on the ground & is moving to another part of the racetrack, hazards don't take effect on these rounds, & an invisible barrier is active so Pokemon don't fall off the platform.
F-Zero Cars.
What they do: Like the stage on Super Smash Bros Brawl, there will be F-Zero cars active on the stage. If they hit your Pokemon, your Pokemon will take a flat 20 damage (30 if the Pokemon either chooses to chill or has lees than 30 energy) & their action for that particular action will not take effect. The only way to avoid this is to use a command on the exact action this happens called "Avoid the oncoming traffic!" If you do make the command & the cars don't come, your Pokemon does nothing for that action. To make things harder, you cannot sub/add "Avoid the oncoming traffic!" if the F-Zero Cars come if the F-Zero Cars come, just to make things a bit harder & more of a lottery. It just so happens that when you start your battle, the F-Zero Cars start their race, where the arena starts stationary just after the starting line with the cars on the other side of the line...

When will they appear: This hazard only takes effect on odd-numbered rounds by chance, however, they are guaranteed to appear on the first round.
On the first Round: The referee rolls a number between 1 & 3 using a Random Number Generator. The number that appears will correspond to the action number on that round that they take effect.
On odd-numbered rounds from Round 3 onwards: Referee rolls a number between 1 & 5 using RNG. If a 1 comes up, the F-Zero cars take effect. This will only take effect once per round. On Round 11, 21 & 31, the RNG roll maximum reduces by 1, eventually resulting in a 1 in 2 chance of said cars appearing in a round, due to the fact that as a race wears on, the field typically branches out.
On even-numbered rounds: These cars will not appear at all.

Sorry for the long explanation (The hazard in particular), but it's all relevant. All in all, this is a simple arena with a complex hazard. Prediction & Luck with the hazard is critical to victory here.

Anyone wish to battle?
accepting

switch = OK
no items
all abilities
Even though this arena is rather uhh...complex, A referee is needed. If you need help concerning this arena, VM me & I'll help you out.

Open Battle Request:

2v2 Doubles Battle
DQ: 1 day
Switch: OK
Abilities: All
Items: OK
Chills: 0

Arena: Grassy Plains
No features, no cover, no weather, just grass.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll ref Dusk vs. Energy Storm. DQ will be 3 Days though, I can't really promise a reffing a day, but I'll try to keep up.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Alright, so I've currently got 2 other players on board for this:

Acklow, Kaxtar, Athenodoros, and Galladiator

2+2 vs. 2+2 Doubles Tag Battle
DQ: 5 Days per Trainer/1 Week per Referee
Recovery: 4 Recovery/10 Chills per Trainer
Abilities: All
Items: None (No need to make this any tougher on the ref)
Switch: KO
Arena: So far, we've agreed to a pyramid that is right next to an oasis (about 10 feet away, the oasis is about 200 sq feet in the shape of a circle), which is filled with lush growth and plenty of desert plants. There is a pool that sits next to the pyramid and it is about 15 feet deep. Battlers begin midway between the top of the pyramid and the bottom and can either climb or descend the pyramid. A Revenankh (of life) sits at the top of the pyramid, meditating and it will reward them with 30 Health. Desukan may appear randomly if the sandstorm is damaged too much (as well as Desumasu). They will Curse any Pokemon that get in their way. Sunny Day is always in effect here, with a 10% chance of a Sandstorm occurring. Although the weather is warm here, there is a decent amount of humidity in the air as well. This means that there is a 1% chance of Rain Dance of occurring on its own. And if we want to go into any deeper details, there is only a 0.0000000001% chance of Hail occurring around here. Anyways, this image sort of gives us a feeling of what the arena should look like:

Basically, we need 1 ref willing to ref this battle.

Posting to confirm that I will partake in the pyramid battle, but I thought hat revenankh was supposed to restore your health if you got to the top (hence the name revenankh of life). But either way is fine.

Let's experiment with a new concept for battling (introduced in 5th gen)
3v3 Triple Rotation Battle:

Land: A plain field with 2 turn tables on each side. All 3 pokemon you and I shall use are set on the wheel. In game, you have the option of rotating the pokemon before you attack, so we shall do this:
-We can rotate only during the beginning of the round (before pokemon actions)
-You can decide whether actions are to be private or not, since we'd basically counter each pokemon with one of our own. It's up to you. (This is to be included in your option choice).
-At the end of the round, our pokemon returns to the turn table.

Example turn:
"Ok Bulbasaur, take a rest. Charmander go use Fire Blast, Dragon Claw, and Dig on the foe's next pokemon"
"In that case, Squirtle, get back out there and use Hydro Pump, Skull Bash, and Surf"

3 day DQ
2 uses of recovery. No chills for attacking pokemon. Pokemon not used get 1 chill during the round.
You know something, Finn Ragetti? I'm feeling ballsy. BRING IT ON!

Switch = Irrelevant, it's Rotation...
All Abilities
No Items.
Actions = Visible, so that we can use it as an example for others.

Son of Shadow and I need a ref. Still. ;-;

*Son of Shadoo

Clearly, no ref is as ballsy as we are. Nobody wants to MESS WITH THE STATUS QUO, MAAAAN!

(I'm goading them into it. Tee-hee.)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Concerning my battle with Little Battler (Several posts up), I'm going to give 24 hours to find a ref, otherwise, I'll most likely abort the battle with Little Battler's OK. Maybe the overly complex battlefield put everyone off... :/

Alright, throwin' down a challenge:

3v3 Singles
DQ - 3 Days
Recovery - 2 Recovers/4 Chills per Pokemon

Arena - Realgam Tower Stadium

Same as it appears in Pokemon XD/Colosseum. This arena provides ample space for battles of any magnitude. The ground is made of a supple clay, allowing for the use of Dig. The Colosseum is also open to the air, so weather moves are permitted. The trainers are playing for a crowd, and rowdy audience members could very well throw things to distract the Pokemon/their trainers.

Issuing a challenge to Wyverii!

2v2
Doubles
2 day DQ
0 Rest/Recover / 5 chills

Arena: A lake

A beautiful lake, with serene waters. There are several wide leaves scattered here and there, which can take the weight of 1 Pokemon at a time. The sky is a bright blue.
Requesting a ref for this battle, Blisseyofdoom has informed me that he will no longer be able to ref. The battle has not been started yet.

Fusxfaranto

gonna smoke five blunts and watch anime
Alright, I'm falling behind. Another challenge:

1v1 Singles
DQ - 2 Days
Recovery - 2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena - Grass-covered rolling hills with a small pond nearby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat -Charmander-
requesting

1v1 Singles
DQ - 2 Days
Recovery - 2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena - abandoned mansion

I'll accept.

Switch KO.
All abilities.
No Items.
I'll ref this. PM me your 'mons.

Looking for someone to do my first battle with :D

3v3 Singles
DQ - 3 Days
Recovery - 1 Recover/5 Chills
Arena - Main Room of Old Chateau (pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)