I'm currently using a team of:

Mienshao@LO
19/31/21/x/18/31
Jolly 252atk/252spd
Fake out
U-turn
Rock slide
Hi jump kick

Hydreigon@expert belt (for lack of a better item)
22/x/19/31/31/31
Modest 252sp.atk/252spd
Draco meteor
Flamethrower
Surf
Dark pulse

Chandelure@ghost gem (also for lack of better item)
22/18/31/31/31/31
Modest 252sp.atk/252spd
Flame charge
Fire blast
Shadow ball
Energy ball

My team is incredibly Weavile weak as I discovered, especially to lead variants with focus sash and fake out, ice punc, and night slash. It also struggles with fast flying types such as Aerodactyl that outspeed my entire team and is just a nuisance in general. I'm thinking some form of priority would be very appreciated.

That being said, I'm very open to team member suggestions, moveset changes, item changes, etc. I'm thinking of leading with Chandy once I get a focus sash but I've decided I need either a bulky steel type or maybe a more sturdy fighting type? I'm considering metagross, scizor, machamp, or Conkeldurr but don't know which one or what set.

I would go with Conkeldurr over Hydreigon. In my experiences, Hydreigon isn't that great, and Chandelure is too good to lose (imo), while Conkeldurr countered a Weavile I used on WiFi almost perfectly. I run a "gimmicky" fun Flinch-hax set, it is:

Weavile @ Razor Fang
Jolly
Pressure
252Spe/252Atk/4HP
Fake Out
Fling
Bite
Low Kick

It works well. Fake Out (or Fling for Ghosts) flinches the other person, or if they aren't a Ghost, you can FO then Fling for two Flinches in a row OR you can keep the Razor Fang for a later Fling, then start Biting for flinch-hax

It's fun to use, and I can upload a Battle Video of me using it to show you what I mean by the set. Conkeldurr, however, takes like 10% from Fake Out and OHKO's with Mach Punch while I can't do anything else to it :L

EDIT: I would suggest using Drain Punch on a full HP Weavile in case it has Sash, and you get back all the damage it's done to you in that turn (I think) then you can Mach Punch for the kill next turn

FYI there's a Volcarona who is EV'd in HP/Def and will survive a +1 Outrage from max atk +nature Haxorus. I had to do a double take. I was like "wtf that thing has 65 base defense." Now that's hax.

Haha, I can imagine. Thankfully I run a cloyster/starmie/haxorus, so I don't worry too bad because I have a lot of ice. Some things can worry me a lot though.

Oh! Yeah, he does. It can't hit him, and you just plug away, ahahha. I don't have a poison heal gliscor though. One Day.

Also, this might go in the quick-questions thing, but how does the wifi subway work? I've been going through to get rank (Just did one round, I'm at rank 2 now), but I'm not sure how it determines who I'm playing against, or if there's one particular car (say, 47) that all the smogon users go on or something.

Since it's 10 BP for every set of 7 and most teams that go in are completely un-EV trained (Considering they're random players around the world), it seems like a great place to grind out BP.

So I got smoked earlier today... I seriously almost lost to some of the dumbest things like a Sky Attack Sigilyph with a 100% acc Hypnosis, with my 0% Stone Edge Mienfoo, what the hell.

So now, after much thought. I'm say "fuck it", and take off the gloves, I want to get far after all. I will be using legal hacks for now, as I have no access to a DW Remoraid right now.

Octillery @ Leftovers
4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
Timid - Moody

~ Protect
~ Substitute
~ Surf
~ Toxic / Energy Ball / Charge Beam

Herp derp, broken as shit. Just the last slot worries me, I have Toxic on Chansey, so may be I can use an attack move instead, however, any Unaware Pokemon would give me trouble. As far as I know, only Pokemon with Unaware in Subway is Swoobat and Bibarel. Charge Beam also allows more reliable SpA boost without relying on Moody.

Chansey @ Eviolite
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Natural Cure - Bold

~ Wish / Counter
~ Softboiled
~ Seismic Toss
~ Toxic

WishChan can provide excellent support to a crippled Octillery, giving it another shot at br0keness. Counter is another option, as we all know Evoilite Chansey can actually take physical hits quite well.

Sigilyph @Flame Orb
252 HP / 200 Def/ 56 Spe
Timid - Magic Guard

~ Cosmic Power
~ Stored Power
~ Roost
~ Psycho Shift

Backup plan, Flame Orb also renders those haxy accuracy those NPC gets for sleep. Would it be a bad idea to have 2x Lightning weak guys in the trio though?

If this fails, I will to resort to the Mimic Machamp that's sitting in my SS right now.

Heat Wave? Wouldn't the power still be bad when spread between 2 targets?
Are you running a Ghost Gem set?

Also, I would like some opinions of my unoriginal idea. Or if anyone got a better substitute than Sigilyph that can deal with Moody "threats", I'm all ears.

team i use is
Infernape@Leftovers
Encore
Sub
Fire Blast
Close Combat

Ludicolo@Absorb bulb??
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Grass Knot

Dragonite@lum Berry
Outrage
EQ
Fire Punch
DDance

This team is beast, greeat coverage, and i abuse nape's encore to the max since NPC's never switch. I still cant seem to reach streak #49 tho D: any suggestions?

Heat Wave? Wouldn't the power still be bad when spread between 2 targets?
Are you running a Ghost Gem set?

Also, I would like some opinions of my unoriginal idea. Or if anyone got a better substitute than Sigilyph that can deal with Moody "threats", I'm all ears.
LOL Heat Wave is the same BP as Earthquake.

LOL Heat Wave is the same BP as Earthquake.
I'm pretty sure Heat Wave splits in half in power cause it hits half the opponents during 3rd Gen, got a bit stronger in Gen 4, but still piss weak.

Don't know if it is still the same though.

EQ is different, it is slightly weaker than 100% in Gen 4 to "tone it down". Cause it hits all.

I'm pretty sure Heat Wave splits in half in power cause it hits half the opponents during 3rd Gen, got a bit stronger in Gen 4, but still piss weak.

Don't know if it is still the same though.

EQ is different, it is slightly weaker than 100% in Gen 4 to "tone it down". Cause it hits all.

No, all moves that hit multiple targets are weakened to the same amount. I know that, in Triples, it's cut to 75%, and it would be higher than that in doubles.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think I made it to battle 17 before getting destroyed by a Mienshao.

Is it just me or is the Subway harder than the Battle Tower ever was?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I think I made it to battle 17 before getting destroyed by a Mienshao.

Is it just me or is the Subway harder than the Battle Tower ever was?
It's not you. You have to consider that the Battle Subway uses a smarter AI than the Battle Tower/Battle Frontier, plus you're throwing in new move sets for old Pokemon as well as all of the Unova Pokemon.

It's not you. You have to consider that the Battle Subway uses a smarter AI than the Battle Tower/Battle Frontier, plus you're throwing in new move sets for old Pokemon as well as all of the Unova Pokemon.
I remember the first time I fought an Arcanine in Super Singles against my Hydreigon. I was all, meh, I'm not gonna U-turn because it's Arcanine, what can he do? So I Surf and almost kill it. Then pulls out a Close Combat, destroying my Hydreigon, and I'm all HOLY SHIT WHAT JUST HAPPENED ARCANINE CAN LEARN CLOSE COMBAT NOW??!!

Fun times.

Anyway, I'm planning of running a modification of an old team I used before, I wonder if I'm missing something.

Mienshao w/? (Dunno really, maybe a Muscle Band? Focus Sash?)
Jolly
-Fake Out
-HJK
-Stone Edge
-U-Turn

Jellicent w/Leftovers
Bold
-Surf
-Shadow Ball
-Recover
-Will-O-Wisp

Hydreigon w/? (I usually run Lum Berry for status, but maybe there's a better item?)
Timid
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf
-Flamethrower
-U-Turn

Mienshao's there for immediate power and can switch to gain health and clean up later; Jellicent's there for Fighting immunity and can cripple physical attackers while still being a good wall; Hydreigon's for physical walls and type coverage, as well as a Psychic/Ground immunity.

I used to have Aerodactyl instead of Mienshao but having two pokes weak to Ice and struggling against bulky waters (with Rest! Freaking hard as hell to kill) I decided to give Mienshao a try. A bit sad I can't kill Electrics fast with Earthquake, but Tyranitars never die in one hit with my Naughty Aerodactyl, so maybe a Fighting type is better.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
...Trollfreak strikes again...

This jellicent is a piece of shit.

163 | Jellicent | Calm | BrightPowder | Surf | Ice Beam | Psychic | Trick Room | HP/SpD

I'm in the normal double/single battle subway trying to grind for BP (super lines is way too hard) and this motherfucker has swept my team on 3 separate occasions. The first two was due to very untimely misses. The third time it pulled off a trick room and double crit to KO my last two pokemon. It even survived my timid galvantula's thunder and I was holding a magnet too!What a cock.

I'm thinking of importing in my old tyranitar and going for a pure sweep with adamant excadrill holding choice band. Aqua jet users are a huge pain though. Here was my thoughts on a team just to get through BP grinding on the normal double battle subway. Lets pretend all these pokemon have all 31 IVs (most of them do)

Tyranitar w/ Focus Sash
Adamant (252 HP, 252 Att)
Rock Slide
Crunch
Earthquake
Pursuit

Excadrill (w/ Choice Band)
Adamant, 252 Att, 252 Spd, Sand Rush
Rock Slide
Earth Quake
X-Scissor
Shadow Claw

Gyarados (w/Shell Bell)
Adamant (216 HP, 252 Att, 8 Spd)
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake

Blissey (w/ Leftovers)
Bold, 252 HP, 252 Def
-Toxic
-Counter
-Seismic Toss
-Soft Boiled

Rock Slide+Earthquake should KO everything on the normal Subway line. Blissey is to take care of bastard Jellicent while Gyarados should help me out against all aqua jet users and Mienshao (probably the second hardest pokemon to deal with on Normal Subway line after Jellicent).

I also have access to a timid starmie, modest salamence, and jolly garchomp if you guys think they'll make better singles/doubles team partners. My thoughts for a Single Team was to use SpecsStarmie/Blissey/ScarfSalamence

Damn that Chandelure. Bad prediction on my part made me lose and I can't seem to get in the groove. I'm playing Single Supers and I think it was round 22, but I can't find anywhere that actually tells me my records. I'm still figuring out the AI mechanics and whatnot though, so my record will only keep increasing. And by the way, here is my team: (Oh and don't even think about telling me that I copied my team from anybody else. These sets were my ideas along with some help from Dragon Rider)

Uxie - Choice Scarf
Timid - 244-0-100-0-100-60
Levitate
Trick
Thunder Wave
Flash
Memento

Drapion - Black Sludge
Careful - 124-52-68-0-252-12
Battle Armor
Crunch
Acupressure
Taunt
Substitute

Lucario - Focus Sash
Modest - 4-0-0-252-0-252
Inner Focus
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Vacuum Wave

But I'm really leaning towards using Flash Cannon over Dragon Pulse at this point. And I know it doesn't really sound like it would do that much but from my short time playing, I've had multiple scenarios where it would've helped and Dragon Pulse hasn't contributed much, certainly not anything yet that Flash Cannon couldn't have accomplished

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)