Official NBA 2010-11 Season Thread

Those were the worst two end of game, most unclutch turnovers in a ROW I can remember. The Thunder (or Durant?) are so nervous about losing a lead at this point that they are willing it to happen. Even worse it was, if I recall correctly, basically the exact same turnover both times - both Durant from the baseline right area to the middle of the court for NO reason. As much as I love him, Durant showed he is not ready to win this year tonight.

some guy puts 'em all up on youtube, with p impressive quality (for youtube). it's a'ight, though you gotta wait for like a day for him to upload.

just like pm me or something if you can't find it, or i can just post it here if no one gaf about copyright bs

* Watching last night's game has kinda made me lean even more to Grizzles/Mavs being closer than OKC/Mavs for the simple fact that Westbrook trying to outshoot the entire Maverick's roster would be a failure of epic proportions.

The Mavericks are the best jumpshooting team left and the only way any of the remaining teams are going to beat them is if they relentlessly attack the paint.

* No CaptKirby I'm not going to debate with you about road wins.

* Watching last night's game has kinda made me lean even more to Grizzles/Mavs being closer than OKC/Mavs for the simple fact that Westbrook trying to outshoot the entire Maverick's roster would be a failure of epic proportions..
agreed. Westbrook is going to see an easily penetrable Kidd, Terry, Barea backcourt and be even more likely to keep the ball to himself, to the detriment of his team.

If the Mavericks can hold Randolph to 8-22, 9-25 games like he has started out the last two games, then I think we are going to have a perfectly nice time beating the Grizzlies.

The Mavericks beat the Lakers with three big men and only one being contained. I know the situations are not identical, but I just cannot see how I should be worried. We are not probably going to win the series running away, but I just cannot see it going further than 6 games with us winning. I am much more worried about the Thunder who can outplay this and are a superior road team, rather than the Grizzlies who have been performing as well as they could already.

Honestly, Marc Gasol has outperformed his brother this year!

Edit: Anyone think the Bulls/Hawks stand in Miami's way of the finals whatsoever?

The Bulls seem to be pulling a classic "playing down to their opponents' level" run so far. I think they will rise to the occasion for the Heat, they have a good defense and once upon a time finished the season on a 40-10 run.

imo the bulls will get beaten down by miami if they meet up :c also they're so reliant on rose it's not even funny

it's up to the mavs!

With the offense they have, I'm not too sure if they'll give that much of a challenge..

They have a lesser "big three" than the Celtics did.

The Heat are terrible at point guard, so being reliant on Rose is a great situation for that series. Defense will win it, not offense. Both teams were giving up 88 points average and the Bulls had outscored the Heat in the playoffs (96 to 94) before their game 4/5. In their last games, the Bulls gave up less points and scored more in regulation than the Heat just did. I know the Hawks are not the same level of competition, but the way everyone is writing off the Bulls is wrong.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
As strong as the Mavs looked I can't buy their stock quite yet considering what I'm hearing about what went on in the Lakers locker room. By the sounds of it the "team" was tearing apart at the consistently strong seems. Easy pickins' they way the Mavs have played, but it's still hard to compare.

The Heat are terrible at point guard, so being reliant on Rose is a great situation for that series. Defense will win it, not offense. Both teams were giving up 88 points average and the Bulls had outscored the Heat in the playoffs (96 to 94) before their game 4/5. In their last games, the Bulls gave up less points and scored more in regulation than the Heat just did. I know the Hawks are not the same level of competition, but the way everyone is writing off the Bulls is wrong.
Being reliant on Rose means that they're hoping he equalizes every other match-up the Heat could possibly win. It will take its toll because if Wade and LeBron dominate their match-up enough (and they most likely will since Luol Deng and Keith Bogans/Korver aren't exactly scorers), Rose isn't going to outscore or produce more than those guys by himself especially if he has to do more work than both of them. Being both the only efficient point guard and leading scorer will be so tiring that it's already had its effects before this series (see below). Come the fourth quarter, and who's going to have more energy to finish off games?

And yeah, defense will win it, but it can't be the only factor we go by (http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff/seasontype/3 their defensive efficiency isn't that far apart and that's considering that the Celtics and Sixers are overall better offensive teams than Indiana and Atlanta), but you have to consider who's going to score enough points for the Bulls even if they play defense. One of the Bulls' biggest problems in the playoffs has been scoring even in their good defensive games. Their bench is struggling worse than the Heat's, they get about as much offensive production from their centers in scoring as the Heat do, and they suck at shooting guard the same way the Heat suck at point guard. So really, they're only expected to win one category like the Celtics right now.

I really think it just comes down to how much they can keep up with the Heat while Rose isn't on the floor or on his A-Game. With the Heat, you got at least two guys who can share that load.

Edit: Rose is actually not doing that well in the playoffs statistically. 41% FG with 25% 3pt (this can be attributed to the huge increase in usage rating).

Now, if you want some scary numbers on what happens when Rose is on the bench...

http://www.nba.com/statscube/team-vs-player.html#Bulls-vs-Derrick-Rose|1610612741,201565;season=p

They do so horribly worse that I really doubt one Heat player makes that much of a difference negatively (I took LeBron and Wade's numbers and the drop in production is definitely sustainable).

So, do the Bulls have a chance? Of course, it would just have to involve either Rose being on Michael Jordan levels (near impossible), or some other big two making up for the scoring while also defending their counterparts (I would assume that would be Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer). The latter definitely sounds more likely and that can happen, but at the same time... I look at the Celtics who essentially are great at the same positions and think, how will Luol Deng and Boozer fare better? Especially if Boozer has had some strange defensive games lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)