Official NBA 2010-11 Season Thread

Pacers get: George Hill
; 2005 second-round pick Erazem Lorbek
" Spurs get: Rights to Kawhi Leonard (No. 15 overall pick); rights to Davis Bertans (No. 42 overall pick)

What the fuck just happened.

Okay, unless George Hill has a secret injury this is the worst trade I have seen in recent memory (only been paying attention since 2001, but this beats every single other trade...at least in most bad trades, the team is trying to shed money, shed aging players, reaching for aging players hoping they can reproduce the past, making change to blame shift...this one could actually just be a blame shift). Trade an average or better NBA player for a 30% maximum shot at average or better? What??????? Are you fucking kidding?

So...I have no clue who the Suns picked, except that he's a forward and apparently big. Hopefully will work out at PF, someone to fit in with a projected lineup of Nash, Hill, Gortat, and Frye or Dudley, though if anyone knows more about this guy, feel free to share.

But yeah, I'll never understand how the NBA draft works with this weird lottery system and such, at least in football it's pretty much straightforward for the first round.

Good God, they actually got rid of George Hill? I was expecting the Spurs to keep him, that's very surprising to me.

I missed the entire draft since I was out and about last night, but I'm trying to catch up on most everything right now haha. I think Minnesota should be a lot more threatening now that they have both Ricky Rubio AND Derrick Williams supporting Kevin Love.

User 40136

Banned deucer.
well guys, I want to get into Basketball. I know how to play, but I actually want to be apart of watching basketball, knowing the players, teams, and all that stuff.

How should I start?

Pacers get: George Hill
; 2005 second-round pick Erazem Lorbek
" Spurs get: Rights to Kawhi Leonard (No. 15 overall pick); rights to Davis Bertans (No. 42 overall pick)

What the fuck just happened.

Okay, unless George Hill has a secret injury this is the worst trade I have seen in recent memory (only been paying attention since 2001, but this beats every single other trade...at least in most bad trades, the team is trying to shed money, shed aging players, reaching for aging players hoping they can reproduce the past, making change to blame shift...this one could actually just be a blame shift). Trade an average or better NBA player for a 30% maximum shot at average or better? What??????? Are you fucking kidding?
Considering they were able to keep Parker, shipped a guy they really didnt want and were able to grab the guy they were probably trying to move up to get to anyway it really wasnt a bad deal for them at all... It was also said they're trying to move RJ and if they can do that then they not only got a guy who can immediately start at the 3 but also add other pieces by moving RJ as well

well guys, I want to get into Basketball. I know how to play, but I actually want to be apart of watching basketball, knowing the players, teams, and all that stuff.

How should I start?
Pretty simple: Start watching games on ESPN/TNT/local channels. The next pro season starts in late October, unless there's a lockout. You can also read espn.com's NBA section or just go to nba.com.

If you're into sport video games, you can buy a basketball game. I bought NBA Live 2003 back in the day, and it helped me get acquainted with the rules and players.

Watching college ball is fun too, and it's cool to see guys you've been rooting for go to the NBA.

So it does not matter they lost a guy who can play the 2-guard if needed and was already up to NBA average as a YOUNG guy? I am not saying George Hill is a superstar, how good he is rates as irrelevant. The odds of the guy they drafted developing to that same level and in the same time are less than 50% (realistically around 20% to happen in the same time and 30% to happen period, so let us bump it up for the Spurs since they are supposed to be magical) even if the Spurs do have some godly insight. They traded something sure for something completely unsure...with no other considerations involved. Unless George Hill secretly lost both knees last season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)