Official NBA 2010-11 Season Thread

Once again, predicting doom and gloom for my Suns...more so because there's no Stoudmire this time, and instead we paid lots of money for what are basically career backups (seriously, who the FUCK are Hedo Turkoglu and Hakim Warrick?) with the intent of somehow making them starters. Honestly Nash is still great, but even he can't continually lead the Suns if the quality of talents around him is dropping faster than stones.

I would also like to take this time to mourn the loss of Barbosa to the team, may the Raptors find good use for him.

Finally, Heat are probably gonna win the championship, Lakers can fuck off. *jumps on Heat bandwagon*

I'll stick by my story... Great teams win championships, not All-Star teams...

The Heat are bound to implode at some point... Its evident that Lebron is extremely immature, and him and Wade will knock at heads over whos team this really is. Its crazy that people really have them challenging the Bulls for 72 wins... The league is far better in terms of depth from Jordans time and honestly, the Heat still arent the best in the league...

Alert to everyone: Chalmers as your starting PG and Pittman/Big Z as your center doesnt win you a ring. The Lakers literally may have assembled the best team in the league and its gone largely unnoticed. The combo of Gasol/Odom/Barnes/Artest/Kobe are going to completely cancel out the big 3, and im sorry but Bynum and Fisher/Brown are better than Chalmers/Z. Z cannot run the floor anymore and Pittman will literally get destroyed by any half decent center in the league

Lakers, that's great and all but may I remind you, the Lakers won a championship with AC Green, Ron Harper and Glen Rice starting in the playoffs. They avg 4, 9 and 12 points respectively. A matter of fact, Glen Rice was the team's 3rd leading scorer with 12 points.

And now you're telling me Mario Chalmers, who easily can avg 10 points, 4 assists and 2 steals and Big Z who has a career avg of 14/8 and just recently avg 13/7.5 in only 27 mpg cant be effective? Or Mike Miller, James Jones and Eddie House who will get more open looks than they've ever had in their careers?

Haters keep hating. Your tears will be delicious this season.

Lakers, that's great and all but may I remind you, the Lakers won a championship with AC Green, Ron Harper and Glen Rice starting in the playoffs. They avg 4, 9 and 12 points respectively. A matter of fact, Glen Rice was the team's 3rd leading scorer with 12 points.

And now you're telling me Mario Chalmers, who easily can avg 10 points, 4 assists and 2 steals and Big Z who has a career avg of 14/8 and just recently avg 13/7.5 in only 27 mpg cant be effective? Or Mike Miller, James Jones and Eddie House who will get more open looks than they've ever had in their careers?

Haters keep hating. Your tears will be delicious this season.
Are you serious? All those players you named are way better than Chalmers/Z/Pittman... Even with Haslem hes an undersized Center and still cant guard his position effectively...

Please dont tell me you are serious on Z... If you are gonna go by career averages then I have lost respect for you if you really think Z can be expected to play serious minutes on his knees... You forget, Wade and Lebron need their shots per game and neither are ready to forfeit them to open shooters. Throw on top of that, they in no way match the depth of LA or even Boston

Basketball isnt about putting 3 stars on the floor and surrounding them with jump shooters.... Please name any team that has done that and maybe you can be taken half serious , even still you wont be taken seriously. And please tell me how LA doesnt not only match this team but is even better.... You can call me a homer but lets be realistic, Lebron is going to be contained along with Wade by the combination of Kobe/Barnes/Artest, while Gasol and Bosh virtually cancel out since they are both soft 7 footers

>Not ready to forgo shots for open shooters
>My face when they lead their respective positions in assists

Also LOL have fun "containing" LeBron AND Wade. Teams can barely contain one by themselves but somehow, now that they have a legit post threat and shooters, you guys can shut them down EZ

Yeah ok Lakers. You guys just keep telling yourself that.

You must not know basketball then lol....

Do you really think Kobe/Artest/Gasol doesnt match up with Lebrick/Wade/Bosh?

Im just sitting here LOL'ing at you honestly... Lets break it down by position

Steve Blake>Chalmers
Kobe>Wade
Artest<Lebron
Gasol = Bosh
Bynum>Haslem

Bench:
Odom>Miller
Brown>House
Barnes/Fisher/Ratliff>Pittman/Z/D-leaguer

Dude, you forget the court doesnt increase when you add more All-Stars... Thats the reason every team has one superstar and fillers... When you combine 2 superstars they are bound to self destruct, and Lebron isnt like Pippen.... Pippen learned to give up shots over his career because he played with Jordan from d1, Lebron is immature and will try to take over Wade's team, leading to bad possessions and empty trips.

By the way, I LOL'ed how you had to resort to pictures to try and prove a point. At least if you are gonna bandwagon onto a team, try to argue a bit better

>Implying I wasn't a Heat fan long before this summer
>Using "Paper Match-ups" to argue his point after basically saying the best team on paper (I.E. Miami Heat) will not/cannot succeed

Continue to hate Lakers, It gives me nourishment. I should just mention, your ass pain is showing right now.

EDIT:

Wait nevermind, Lakers confirmed for 2011 Championship

Lol Heat fans are so stupid... Hating? You havent said one thing thats been relevent and havent even tried to argue how Artest/Barnes/Kobe will contain Wade/Lebron... This isnt NBA 2k10 where a superstar greatly outscores the average players....

But yeh, keep "hating" and saying stuff thats irrelevent because the Heat are nothing like any other team in history thats had 3 HOF'ers. All those teams had at least 2 of them drafted and playing with each other their whole careers, neither of these guys have played a single NBA game together

And dont compare them to the big 3 either... They were all at the end of their prime and knew what it took to win. Lebron is too immature to sacrafice shots and ego for this team and it'll be the same with Wade

Holy shiii! Pre-Season starts next week!

Need to contact Huy about Smogon's Fantasy League!. Time to bust ass AGAIN!

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I can't wait to get my keepers back for next season, Curry/Smith/Rondo will be solid initial three picks ^_^.

Also that Hibachi video is so sad....I want the happy Gil back, irrespective of the gun incident and the need to be more serious at times.

This thread needs more blatant homerism and baseless speculation!!

The Lakers will win the championship because Derek Fisher has huge upside and will have a career year.

Also Kevin Durant's knees will explode and Lebron James will be arrested for terrorism.

I think I've done my part.

In all seriousness, it's pointless to make claims as bold as "The Heat will implode because X reason." We don't have any idea how well their chemistry will work and we'll just have to wait and see.

I dunno, considering all the crap Durant's been doing, it'll only be a matter of time before his knees probably give; I mean, sure he'll be more in form since he played over the summer, but at what point until it starts taking a toll?

I have absolutely no idea, what trades have happened (besides that LeBron now plays for Heat), and have barely understood any of that technical talk above me, but I'm just here to wave a flag for the NJ Nets. I know they aren't the best, but their the team I follow, so in my eyes Kobe can go jump in a lake(rs).

As much as I hate to admit it, the Heat are gonna beast all over everyone during the regular season.

Playoffs are once again going to be an entirely different matter though. Also Lakers are gonna threepeat, though I'm unsure who'll win the East at this point.

Lakers will win it all. The heat will implode. I cant see them working together for the whole year. At some point it will look like the Kobe-Shaq saga.
My mavs look better than ever. THey aren't quite up to the lakers but they are good enough to be #2 in the west.
And Adam Huluska might make their roster! Whooooo!

Yeah sure this is EXACTLY Like Shaq and Kobe. I love how people compare this team to them even though the situations, factors, setting and personalities aren't even closely related.

Here's my case to debunk this retarded assumption

It should be noted already that Shaq is an egotistical prick. Funny as he is, as good as he's been, this cannot be denied. Kobe hated Shaq for this reason, always putting him down, not giving a shit about staying fit, other work ethic issues, etc. and then the always media sucking his dick.

We can all agree that if there is a similarity between the two cases, LeBron would be "Young Kobe". Similar age, similar big egos, similar hype, etc. However here's the big difference - Kobe didn't become a proven leader until he took the Lakers to the finals by himself, even then, it looked contrived and fake. Before that he was always ripping teammates, only looking out for number 1, not listening to coaches, etc.

LeBron on the other hand, whatever you want to say about his immaturity and ego (mostly justified), was the unquestioned leader of the Cavaliers from the day he was drafted. Not ONE of his former teammates have ever ripped during his entire career. His teammates have always loved him, this cannot be denied. Why is this? Because he sets up this teammates and make them look better instead of forcing his shot to pad his stats.

So tell me, if LeBron is the "Kobe" of this situation, who's Shaq?

Bosh? He's always been one of the quietest players in the league and has never had a chemistry issue throughout his career. He almost seems relieved to not have to carry a franchise anymore.

Wade? Please. He's 28, been there, done that with the alpha dog role. He has the heart of the champion and the only thing he cares about is winning.

Only one ball to go around? Don't make me laugh. LeBron is the playmaker, Wade will be the primary scorer and Bosh will work the post. LeBron needs his shots? Funny, he played Point Guard throughout high school and has repeatedly said that's his favorite position to play. He's one of the best passers in the league, also well documented. Tge only reason he's had to score so much is because the Cavs needed him to be the primary scorer. Again I'm bringing up the Olympics because thats the best glimpse he have on how the three will operate together on the court.

Speaking of Olympics I love how the Heat Haters are so quick to dismiss the Olympics but go "LOL 2004 LAKERS 2.0" because you know, thats great logic! Forget the only example of the three being on the court will an actual goal to accomplish, Lets compare this to a team with totally different circumstances and personalities!

Supporting cast? How could they succeed with Chalmers and Big Z as starters? Right just like when you guys said how could the Celtics succeed with Rondo and Perkins as their starters right? Does Chalmers have the same upside as Rondo? No but he's a better shooter than Rondo, can play good defense and forces turnovers while not turning over the ball himself. Can Big Z play 30 mins+ in a game? Nope but neither can/did Perkins. He averaged 22 mpg during the 07 season and 25 mpg in the playoffs. Big Z is a big(ger) body who can block shots and doesn't have a terrible foul rate like Perkins. He also has an outside game to go along with his Post game and length. Plus Wade/LeBron/Bosh is better than Allen/Pierce/Garnett anyway.

u jelly haters?

pookar

Banned deucer.
lol its hilarious to think either barnes or kobe could contain either wade or lebron let alone both of them at the same time. Ill give artest the benefit of the doubt on wade, but lebron is way more physical, even for artests standards. and not to mention nobody on the lakers can even think of matching up with bosh. Hes soft, but not as soft as gasol and way too quick for bynum. Odom might be able to match up decently against him, but im not sure about his post defense (or defense at all)

and also ROFL at "kobe>wade". what basis are you depending this comparison on? You mean the dwyane wade who won a championship with an over the hill shaquille oneal and realistically nobody else at all? are you talking about the kobe bryant whose team went unnoticed for 4 years without shaq or any other supporting players because he can't win without a second superstar on his team? Kobe, even after being in the league for twice as many years as lebron, is still way more immature at this current time. Kobe is constantly complaining and throwing his teammates under the bus and giving up. LeBron is the best player because of his energy and hustle on the court. He gets chase down blocks. He gets steals. He works the court.

anyway. go bobcats and wizards.

Rondo/Nate
Allen/Delonte West
Pierce/Marquis Daniels/Von Wafer
KG/JOneal/Glen Davis
Perkins/Shaq

it's all about those playoffs

Rondo/Nate
Allen/Delonte West
Pierce/Marquis Daniels/Von Wafer
KG/JOneal/Glen Davis
Perkins/Shaq

it's all about those playoffs
Man, that team really is stacked. I can definitely see Boston not getting enough credit this year just like last year. KGs wheels are falling off and Pierce/Allen (especially Pierce) probably won't be as productive this year, but those backups are pretty solid. I'm sure they'll play their best in May-June again, too.

Meh, the only reason the Lakers are even remotely good is because the Grizzlies basically gave them Pau Gasol for free a few years back; I guarantee had that trade never happened, the Lakers would still perennially kicked out of the playoffs around rounds 1-2. Hopefully no one will kid themselves about Kobe leading the team, because that clearly wasn't happening back then; he was good enough to get them to the playoffs, much like how Lebron forced the Cavaliers into the playoff picture, but anything beyond just getting there was out of their league.

So imo, I give Gasol all the credit for making the Lakers good; Kobe and the others can suck dick or something.

lol its hilarious to think either barnes or kobe could contain either wade or lebron let alone both of them at the same time. Ill give artest the benefit of the doubt on wade, but lebron is way more physical, even for artests standards. and not to mention nobody on the lakers can even think of matching up with bosh. Hes soft, but not as soft as gasol and way too quick for bynum. Odom might be able to match up decently against him, but im not sure about his post defense (or defense at all)

and also ROFL at "kobe>wade". what basis are you depending this comparison on? You mean the dwyane wade who won a championship with an over the hill shaquille oneal and realistically nobody else at all? are you talking about the kobe bryant whose team went unnoticed for 4 years without shaq or any other supporting players because he can't win without a second superstar on his team? Kobe, even after being in the league for twice as many years as lebron, is still way more immature at this current time. Kobe is constantly complaining and throwing his teammates under the bus and giving up. LeBron is the best player because of his energy and hustle on the court. He gets chase down blocks. He gets steals. He works the court.

anyway. go bobcats and wizards.
So yeh, when Artest a few years ago held lebron to 16 points, like 2-25 shooting and 0 assist for the first time in his career, yeh im sure Artest cant hold Lebron *major face palm..... Even if Battier helped, Kobe is a pretty good man defender himself along with Barnes... Plus, who needs to worry about Wade... Whatever Kobe puts up will be better than what Wade does anyway

And are you serious about the Wade comment? I wont even explain to Kobe haters why hes better but to say Wade had nobody except Shaq in 06' is literally retarded. Because a not over the hill yet Antoine Walker/Jason Williams, a still able to come off the bench and be effective Alonzo Mourning and shutdown defender James Posey must be the worst supporting cast in the history of the NBA!

Meh, the only reason the Lakers are even remotely good is because the Grizzlies basically gave them Pau Gasol for free a few years back; I guarantee had that trade never happened, the Lakers would still perennially kicked out of the playoffs around rounds 1-2. Hopefully no one will kid themselves about Kobe leading the team, because that clearly wasn't happening back then; he was good enough to get them to the playoffs, much like how Lebron forced the Cavaliers into the playoff picture, but anything beyond just getting there was out of their league.

So imo, I give Gasol all the credit for making the Lakers good; Kobe and the others can suck dick or something.
The Lakers were first in the West before the Gasol trade..... Granted, the Gasol trade turned them into a top team but they were basically the same in 08' with Gasol as they were with Bynum.. Also, that trade hasnt looked as one sided as it once did since Marc Gasol has been pretty good himself

Caution, contains strong language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9avWdE2BfsE

That is a championship contending team right there.

Ron Artest can slow down Lebron to a degree, but expecting him to shut him down is just being naive. One example is not empirical evidence that Lebron can't score or doesn't play well against Artest.

Last season Lebron averaged 31.5 points on 50% shooting against the Lakers. Artest played in both games and in no way slowed him down. In a 7 game series Lebron is going to get his, there's no denying that. That's what makes Lebron + Wade so scary (+ Bosh lawl)

And saying definitively that "Kobe>Wade" is pretty silly. They're basically a wash but if you really want to debate it I'd give the edge to Wade right now. Just the other day Kobe said his knee is "60%", with his mileage and existing injuries there's no telling whether he'll be able to keep playing at the same level or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)