Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somber Bomber, since you still are needing more Pokes, you get an Eevee.

To prove itself, it must solo a gym of your choice before evolving. Afterwards it read this warstory: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3449270 . It then decides to evolve into Flareon, and mimic the moveset shown.

Moveset is: Rock Smash, Fire Fang, Facade, and Bite.

It must also solo Flint, to prove that Flareon is awesome.

NN: Troll.

Have Fun!
Oooh, sounds like fun, accepted!

I don't think you get the point. He never said you had to evolve it from a Happiny. He's just giving backstory. -_-
Backstory doesn't make sense. If it never evolved from a happiny, it wouldn't miss an oval stone it never had. Cmon skwog, what happened to those good challenges that you used to make?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
For my Scramblocke 4 Pages back...

Iggdrasil is accepted.
Zapi is accepted minus the solo Clay part, I'm taking it as Desert Resort Entrance.

Need one more for Desert Resort Back.

jeez. Skwog, SB, stop fighting, or I'd be tempted to put that into my horribly twisted plot.

Speaking of that, I still need 2 more for my Emerald Scramblocke!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
TM13IceBeam, take a Zubat (Granite Cave). It must know & keep Leech Life.

Have fun. (Recommended Nickname: ItsARandom, either that, or IH8Flapper, but you'll just go for the first option...)

@Its_A_Random: You get a Maractus who can only use physical attacks. It must be the lowest level of all Scramblemons (unless that counts as a "You cannot exceed (level)" challange).

Lucky you, auramaster. pimpgangster screwed up, as Lunatone is unavailable in Emerald, meaning you are in, along with IAR!

Will update post, then prolly start playing soon. Maybe. IDK.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
It's_a_random, since I keep getting ninja'd on all of your scramblockes (or don't see it) I'm going to give you a ducklett preemtively.

It's named MothaGoose, and as it's name applies, it's going to teach you some nursery rhymes, gangster style.
Now this may confuse you, just like MothaGoose's opponents, which is why she has to confuse 3 gym trainer pokemon with Water Pulse (HINT: Clay) And obviously for these dope rhymes she's about to throw down, she needs as much Swagger as she can get, which is why she must solo a gym leader pokemon (if it can't be gym leader, gym trainer then) by only using swagger. Now the show begins, and her raps are just FLY (hint hint) So fly that she must hit every multi-stage evolution line (2 or more) at least once with Fly. Once that paryin' is done, she's got to relax with a little bit of Roosting, which is her final move. (don't pretend that you weren't going to have this as your final move anyways.) So yeah, that's my preemtive challenge for Ducklett since I don't want to be ninja'd

Man, I just realized every Scramblocke I've given has had something to do with rappers, huh.

A quick update on my Crystal scramble... just took down Whitney for my third badge. I'm about to get Diablo the Eevee, after which I'll be running five-deep until Blackthorn.

The Team:
TenCharLim (level 22 Croconaw)
Scratch
Bite
Rage
Water Gun

TenCharLim hasn't done much since the previous update... he's mainly here as backup in case something goes wrong, at this point. Pokemon with ten-letter names aren't as common as you would think (although now I'm realizing there are a couple of Jigglypuffs I forgot to solo... 'o_o)

Ironhide (level 23 Phanpy)
Tackle
Rollout
Defense Curl
Flail

Ironhide is a BAMF. Honestly, the Defense Curl/Rollout solo that was forced upon Ironhide is the easiest time I've ever had beating Whitney. I actually lost the solo the first time because her Clefairy's Metronome pulled out a Blizzard that not only hit but crit Ironside, but once that BS was out of the way it was an easy victory. Ol' Ironsides actually OHKO'd Miltank with the fourth turn of Rollout, so that was nice to see.

Honey (level 18 Teddiursa)
Scratch
Leer
Lick
Fury Swipes

Honey was better than Ironside before I reached the Rollout TM, honestly. The rough parts for her come up soon. Because she needs to lick 10 different Gym Leader Pokemon to evolve, she won't be able to evolve until I beat Pryce, which is a long-ass time from now. Leveling up will also be tougher with her inability to fight any Poison-types.

The Stig (level 13 Snubbull)
Tackle
Charm
Scary Face
Tail Whip

The Stig is a recent catch (and my favorite backstory of the Pokemon I've been given by far... I was never into Transformers and Top Gear is awesome). Don't really know what to think of him so far, because I haven't examined his movepool closely enough to really get a grip on what I can use. More to come, to be sure.

The Requirements:
You get a Gligar. Its name will be Robin (as opposed to Batman). Robin is irritated that Batman outclasses him, so upon catching him at Route 45 you must hunt down 5 other Gligar and solo them with Robin. This alleviates his anger, but then he learns Guillotine before the E4. He is obsessed with his newfound power, so he must defeat one pokemon from each of the Elite Four with Guillotine.

You get Ironhide the Phanpy (which can be caught on Route 46 in the morning hours.) Ironhide is much like his Transformers counterpart: old, rugged, and not willing to give up. Because of this he may never switch out of battle until he faints. In order to evolve, Ironhide must defeat 10 Dittos that have Transformed into him. Also, rather than waiting to learn Rollout teach it to him with TM04 found north of Goldenrod. Solo Whitney with the Defense Curl+Rollout combo to show her Miltank how Autobots rollout.

You get TenCharLim the Totodile. It's angry that Feraligatr is not spelled Feralligator because of the ten character limit. Thus, it must solo every Pokémon whose name is ten characters long (excluding Feraligatr) and who are not reserved for another challange. As a Feraligatr, it can only use moves that are ten or more characters long.
EDIT: Scary Face, Hydro Pump, Dynamicpunch, Rock Smash, Hidden Power, Hyper Beam, Rain Dance, Frustration, Earthquake, Double Team, Sleep Talk, and Fury Cutter are allowed.

You get Honey the Teddiursa. He loves Honey, obviously, and doesn't want anybody else taking it away from him. As such, solo any Aipom, Heracross, and Snorlax you might run into. It must keep lick as a move, so it can lick the opponent to check for honey. Lick 10 gym leader pokemon to evolve. Never fight any poison types, because licking them would give him an upset stomach. Also, teach it Zap Cannon when you get access to it, for no reason other than that I like the idea of a bear shooting out lightning.

Take a Snubbull. This Snubbull is so silent & walks in such a robotic manner that people make strange facts about him. Some say he can't use moves that require the use of its mouth, like the Elemental Fangs, Roar, Bite, Lick, Crunch, Water Pulse, Taunt, Solarbeam, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Torment, Fire Blast, Overheat, Sleep Talk, Swagger, Snore, Super Fang, & any other moves I missed, And that he has a morbid hatred for Karen, so much that he wants to solo Karen. All we know is...He's called The Stig.

Takes Bill's Eevee and call it 123456!
2-Once in battle he cannot be switched out.
4-It must solo the 6th gym
2-All its moves must be different types.
1-Must be NN'ed-Diablo
3-Must score a kill in 5 gym battles
3-Before evolving it must solo 40 wild pokemon.
2-Flareon

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Newby n0Ob is accepted. The Lowest Level restriction counts as a you may not exceed (level) challenge, good catch.

kok, I'll take that challenge for a future wave.

That's all for Wave #3, until next wave...

I reject because it has a stupid NN and it lacks logic. The only way to get happiny is to breed with some sorta item or something and no trainer would give a chansey that item for no reason just to breed a happiny, plus why can't I just give it an oval stone if it misses it so much? It's times like this I wish I could give myself a challenge, but that wouldn't be fun. Try harder. Never give up. Dont be a slut.
Obviously you've never played Diamond/Pearl, because you get a free Happiny during the plot... Either you accept that challenge or I'm not giving you another, because I've given you about five viable options.

@SB, catch a Carnivine. Your carnivine refuses to use the moves on its one smogon set. He must kill one of Cyrus's pokemon in the final battle.

@EEVEE3, Use a Pidgey called Ace. To evolve into pidgeotto it must evade ground type moves 20 times and then 20 times again for Pidgeot.

Obviously you've never played Diamond/Pearl, because you get a free Happiny during the plot... Either you accept that challenge or I'm not giving you another, because I've given you about five viable options.
Fine Skwog, I'll take your Chansey, but I'm not naming it Stupid, i'm naming it Skwog, but really there is no difference. Accepted.

@SB, catch a Carnivine. Your carnivine refuses to use the moves on its one smogon set. He must kill one of Cyrus's pokemon in the final battle.
Accepted, this one sounds nice.

One more which has to be my starter, and forget about Turtwig, I want a Piplup that HAS to learn surf.

@ Somber Bomber

Take a Piplup. Name him Pimpin'. He may only use water type moves and pound until he evolves into Pimpoleon. After evolution he must learn and keep the following moveset:

-Hydro Pimp
-Pound
-Swagger
-Surf

He must hold amulet coin in order to evolve and must solo one E4 member

@ Somber Bomber

Take a Piplup. Name him Pimpin'. He may only use water type moves and pound until he evolves into Pimpoleon. After evolution he must learn and keep the following moveset:

-Hydro Pimp
-Pound
-Swagger
-Surf

He must hold amulet coin in order to evolve and must solo one E4 member
YES! YES! YES! I love this one. Accepted!

Now my team is complete, I'll post it soon ot whatever.

EEVEE3, you get the Croagunk known as JUMP! This Croagunk loves scaring everything it sees. Therefore, it must keep Astonish and use it on every Pokemon it sees at least once. In order to evolve it must use Pursuit to defeat each of Morty's Pokemon. Good Luck!

Scramble Awards!

Well, folks, they're here. The award ceremony begins now. And it coincides with my 1000th post, so I'mma say a few words first, mmkay?

I joined Smogon two years ago, and really didn't do much. I kept an eye on CAP and UU. That was about it, since UU was my metagame of choice all the way back then (though I'm not really a competitive player any more). I soon made a home for myself in Stark Mountain though, with the birth of the Nuzlocke and Scramble Challenges, and here I am now, a respected challenger of both, not to mention a decent contender in CAP ASB (fuck you, 7-11-0 record). Pokémon has fascinated me since I was 7 years old, and I sincerely hope it continues to do so for many years to come.

Finally, before I begin, a word about the users. Here in the Scramble Thread in particular, we have a vast array of different users, from the mad (Treadshot), to the bad (Wynaut? *shudder*), to the downright insane (Texas, who else would accept THAT PIDGEY). And personally, I love it. We're a mostly tight-knit group, full of laughter and wicked awesome. LONG LIVE THE SCRAMBLE CHALLANGE! So yeah, that's my two years and 1000 posts at Smogon in a nutshell. And now, what you're all here to see! THE SCRAMBLE AWARDS!

Trolliest Troll Challange:
The winner is TM13IceBeam's Trollbird!
Starly, Trollbird. It must evolve at Level 37 for Staraptor, and its moveset must consist of moves that are learnt by exactly 3 of its fellow bird breathen(Pidgey, Spearow, Hoothoot, Taillow, Pidove)
This is only an example of the many Trollbirds, and it won with three votes.
Runner up, Troll the Sunkern by Galladiator.

Best Scrambler:
A TIE! Texas Cloverleaf and It's_A_Random both claim the title with two votes apiece.

Best Challanger:
The winner is DetroitLolcat, 3 votes to Vratix's 2!

Best Overall Challange (Pokémon):
DetroitLolcat's Pidgey!
The Pokemon? Pidgey. It must be the first Pidgey you see on the first route you can find it on. It must have Keen Eye. Currently, this is an easy challenge. Next, you may only evolve this Pidgey once, into Pidgeotto. This is now a medium challenge. This Pokemon may only learn one move with greater than 40 base power. This is now a Hard challenge. This is nowhere near where we're getting. It will solo Claire and karen. This is a very hard challenge. We're about halfway there. It will solo Blaine and Blue. Thais is an insane challenge. Have fun. But we're not done yet. It may never know a non-attacking move with the exception of Sand Attack. Holy shit no Roost or Featherdance. But wait, there's more! (Item challenge rescinded) This is fucking impossible. You will cry having to solo Blue with a Pidgeotto who will probably only know Twister, Quick Attack, Steel Wing and Gust. He has a Rhydon. That Rhydon will fuck your shit backwards. I think he has a Gyarados too. That Gyarados has Intimidate, making it that much easier for Rhydon to fuck your shit backwards. If you complete this challenge however, you will undoubtedly be the greatest Scrambler ever.
Best Overall Challange (Team):
The winner is Texas Cloverleaf, for his Hardest Ever Scramble Challenge Team! 3 votes to Random's 1.
The team can be seen here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3590282&postcount=9368

Most Creative Challange:
Another tie! Athenodoros' Magikarp, and TreadshotA1's Type Changing Challenge tie with 2 votes apiece.
Texas, I'll edit one in. And I apologise in advance.

EDIT: Oh, and I reserve Magikarp. Yes, it is going to be fun. I also reserve Morty.

Double EDIT:
Okay. Firstly, get yourself a Magikarp, called Magikrap, which can only be changed after it evolves, at which point it can be whatever you want because I think you will need some concession. You catch this Magikarp as soon as you can, because you will want to train it as much as possible. Specifically, you will want to train it until it can solo one of Morty's Pokemon (Struggle can hit Ghosts, if you're interested). On the way, though, it has to be the only Pokemon you use on the way through Union Cave to train it up, and you must defeat every Pokemon you get to. If it faints, you must go straight back to the Pokemon Centre without passing go and try again.

Eventually you will beat Morty, with one of his Pokemon soloed by Magikrap. After this, you must head West along the storyline, and can ignore Magikrap for a bit, unless you feel like soling Jasmine (No, not compulsory, just fun). Eventually, you will meet the Red Gyarados, and to prove that it is not too Magikrap it must solo this as well. It must finish Gyarados using Flail. Then you will go up against Pryce, against whom Magikrap must Splash five times, at which point it must solo a Pokemon again, and then do the same thing again. Finally, it can finish off its Johto travels by finishing half of Lance's Pokemon. At this point, it can evolve. Lucky you. Just in time for some fresh horror in the Kanto region. You will be allowed to learn more than Splash, Tackle and Flail soon, I promise.

Congratulations, first of all. Johto wasn't fun. To celebrate, you only have to solo every trainer in the Electric-type gym without going to the Pokemon centre. If you fail... well we'll go into that later. Then you can continue on your adventure, until you get to the Fire-type gym. Here, you must use Splash again for every Fire-type move the trainers use to compensate for the resistance. You have to solo every trainer again. You may NOW, regardles of success in the gym, delete Tackle or Flail, but never Splash, and replace it with a Water-type move.

Now we get to near the end of your travels. After the last badge, you can replace the two moveslots that are not the Water-type move and Splash. They are now Thunder and Fire Blast, assuming you succeeded at beating those trainers. If not, you can only have the one that you did succeed in, and the first move you must delete is the one which is not Tackle. You must solo three Pokemon belonging to Red, but you can only use each of the moves over 50 base power once each. You must also use Splash against Pikachu.

There. That should be just about it. Do you think that looks hard? I think so. But it isn't impossible, so can't use items. Have fun.
BlueBlaze, I'm the meanest guy in this thread, and for that reason, you get the insanely creative but ultra difficult...

TYPE CHANGING CHALLENGE!!!

What you have to do is this: On the first route, catch something. Anything, it doesn't matter. When you reach the next town (and kill the respective gym leaders, heal, etc.), after you're done with everything in that town, release the pokemon. The next route, catch something of a type other than the type of the pokemon you just released (so if you release a Houndour, for instance, then the next pokemon you catch cannot be Dark not Fire). Repeat this every town/city you happen across.

You have 10 requirements, though:

1. Use a STAB move.
2. Learn a TM.
3. Solo 10 wild pokemon.
4. Solo something your type is weak to.
5. Faint.
6. Solo 2 trainers.
7. Learn a HM.
8. Using only this pokemon, catch another pokemon in a POKE BALL (then box the pokemon you just caught, it's not something you can use).
9. Don't use this pokemon at all.
10. Afflict status against a Wild Pokemon.

Any pokemon you catch on your Type Changing challenge may fulfill any of these conditions, and you can cross them off the list as soon as you do them once. Between 10 pokemon, you must do the 10 requirements, and each pokemon may only fulfill one Requirement.

The pokemon you end up with at the E4 must solo either 2 E4 members, or the Champion.

Creative enough for ya?
Hardest Scramble Team:
A tie between Kepperino's Insane Pearl Scramble, and Texas with 1 vote each. Kepperino's team can be found here, at the bottom of the page:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&discussionid=3529&pp=10&page=2

Hardest Challange:
Wynaut?'s Sewaddle, 3 votes to 1 for Lolcat's Pidgey.
@Texas CloverLeaf

You have your sewaddle "asdfghjkl;" sewaddle can only learn one attacking move Razor leaf. It also cannot learn any moves that will inflict damage, i.e. Toxic and leech seed. It cannot learn any boosting moves. It MUST evolve as soon as possible and it Must solo the Flying Gym leader.

Have Fun!
Most Creative Scrambler:
Guess what? Another tie! DetroitLolcat and TreadshotA1 share this prize, two votes each.

Finally, Meanest Scrambler:
Do you really need to be told, guys? TreadshotA1, 3 votes to yaya0's 1!

That's it from me. Peace out! Congratulations to all winners, and good luck for the next 100 pages!

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And with that, i conclude my presence in the Scramble Awards, given that i am no longer taking challenges.

Congratulations to all of you who have joined us in the past 100 pages, "we did it!" to those of us here longer, "Holy crap, this has been a long time" to me Vratix and Obsidian Ranger, and good luck and good fun to the next 100 pages of the Scramble Challenge.

We must have a big extravaganza at page 500 hmm?

Agreed. And I just realised something I forgot, a special award for the...

Best Post of the Last 100 Pages
And it's for SimonSays, for this masterpiece:
Wow, things have gotten dark on here. The veteran-forgers remaining aloft, the freshlings becoming trolls and retards. Black and White has changed this thread; It's lost that small glimmer of innocence that it once held. There was a sense of friendship between the challenger and the challenged. We weren't just giving them a pokemon, we were offering them the chance to be different. My first scramble was amazing; I still remember it to this day. I put my heart and soul into that scramble, and I cried when my DS was broken in half by my nephew. There were my pokemon, all forgotten in the breeze. Scramble, I am so sorry. That was my first introduction to Flapper, the Cherri Berry Zubat that everyone is so fond of (sic).

But since then, it's matured. It's become a man, and not the kind of man that you want your actual friends to know about. The kinda man that dresses as Santa, but smells of liquor the whole time and swears in a non-jolly manner. The kind that goes to the bar alone, hits on the waitress, get knocked out by the waitresses boyfriend, then does the same things at a different bar. The point is, there is only one way to salvage the hopes and dreams of a delusional.

We talk.

A1, I'm sorry about the whole rivalry thing going on (although it's more of a "I insult you, you give me something that makes me cringe") You're very particular about the spelling of your name, and I was just provoking you further and further. You continue to give ridiculously difficult and not-very-fun-at-all challenges, but there is still a genius that shows true besides that. It's hard, but it's not whatever that Wynaut guy is trying to peddle.

Noobs, learn how to use the comma key. It's there, right next to your Full stop/Period. And the Enter key. It makes whatever you're giving easier to read and understand. Walls of text should only be used intelligently or ironically. I think I'm doing both.

And Wynaut guy? Return to your cave, troll. The internet deserves better than that. This thread deserves better than that. If you put as much thought as a black male porn star puts into an asian female porn star (and it's not Thought that he's putting into her), we may not have a problem. But that's just stupid. It still has to be wanted to be done, or you desecrate the very goodness of the pokemon itself. Whatever did Snivy do to deserve such an insult? What did Seawaddle do to be insulted so?

So, that's me for the night. I do hope that somebody actually read this, and I didn't just type for a good 20 minutes to be ignored. Ohh, and I'm not actually Emo! =] I'm just a Scholar during the day, and an Artist at night. Or so I'm told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)