Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gem "activates" and disappears before the move goes through, so yes, you get both boosts on the first attack.

*Edit*

Beaten to it, but don't you love how some mechanics work out?

Yup it's a shame Fling doesn't work the same way. 185 base power move possibly with STAB...

How many DW points does it take to get to Windswept Sky, and subsequently to get Drifloon?

2500 points. If you make multiple trips through the Island of Dreams (instead of taking something from the tree the first time you're there that day) and water other people's plants it'll only take a few days to reach that. It's quicker than you think.

EDIT:
Oh, but Drifloon's 7500 points.

If I decide to drop Taunt on Jellicent...what move fits more, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam or Night Shade? Also, is 240HP/252Def/16SpA Bold a viable EV spread? And should I run Scald and WOW even with TS beeing used?

If you have Toxic Spikes and are Burning stuffs, you might consider Hex.

EV spread sounds viable for sure, but do the SpA EVs do anything notable? It's only adding 4 points.

Evening, I have a couple of new questions that I hope people can answer :).

1. IV's in correlation to RNG. Can someone explain to me exactly how you breed a "run around the barn/play with the kids" picachu into a pride stallion. Can you really do it to such an extent that you go from having the average 5 ish in every level 1 stat to 30?

If so are there shortcuts here, as it would be borderline insane to have all the stars of the sky line up in order to breed a perfect pokemon. I know it can be hacked, but if you start out at route 1 and pick up patrats, how would you go about to breed the biggest and most fierce rat out there?

2. Farming Thundurus for the correct nature. I'm about to undertake this process right now. And there are a few issues around this. The way I picture it is that I could just use the masterball on it and cut the game if it is not the correct nature. However are there other pokemon out there that I should rather save the masterball for?

And while I can use this link and see that Timed or Naive/Hasty are the best natures for the mentioned builds it does not help me as I lack to experience to see the real underlying differences to those builds.

I realize that it may seem as if I'm biting over a bit to much here, but for me it would be absolutely game breaking if I one week from now were to find out I had "messed up" by selecting an incorrect nature.

3. What is and how does Pass orbs from the DW work?

-

I know that my way of playing the game by aiming for the best outcome in any given scenario may seem like a horrible way to play the game, but it's what I like to do :).

-Kess

EDIT: added Pass orbs Q

Why does the OU analysis for Thundurus give it 4 defense evs while the OU analysis for Chandelure gives it 4 hp evs? Obviously stealth rock hits them the same, so what is the numerical reasoning for this difference?

Why does the OU analysis for Thundurus give it 4 defense evs while the OU analysis for Chandelure gives it 4 hp evs? Obviously stealth rock hits them the same, so what is the numerical reasoning for this difference?
They have a different base HP. Odd HP makes it so you can switch in to Stealth Rock 4 times.

Other than Lati@s, which gets pwned by an hp ice if it is used, does anyone know any viable counters for chlorosaur?
Venusaur can't touch a Heatran unless it has Earthquake, and Heatran can appreciate Sunny Day support.

Edit: Well Heatran takes out SpA variants, Skarmory would take out Venusaur without HP Fire, and things like Moltres could probably take out Venusaur with no problems

I honestly think it's just a matter of preference if they aren't using a certain Hidden Power IV or using a specific item like Life Orb or Leftovers because both of those Pokés should not be using 4 HP EVs normally

odd hp= 5 stealth rock switches
even hp=4 stealth rock switches
Thundurus has Hidden power ice, which lowers his hp iv by one, so his hp is odd. This means he does not need the extra hp point. Chandelures hp is even when maxed IVs, so he needs one hp point to be odd.
also, Zachaeas, most venusaurs I face have EQ. But it is a nice counter if it has balloon. Any others?

Thundurus has Hidden power ice, which lowers his hp iv by one, so his hp is odd. This means he does not need the extra hp point. Chandelures hp is even when maxed IVs, so he needs one hp point to be odd.
also, Zachaeas, most venusaurs I face have EQ. But it is a nice counter if it has balloon. Any others?
You don't need to lower HP IV by one to get HP Ice. 31/30/30/31/31/31 is also HP Ice 70.

What nature would be better for a Coil Arbok, Impish or Careful? I'll run Coil, Gunk Shot, EQ and Sucker Punch with Intimidate most likely.

Wait, my calculations tell me that Chandelure and every other base 60 pokemon has a minimum of 261 HP with 31 ivs... Doesn't this mean that I shouldn't invest any HP in mine?

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
I have a quick question about Encore. (well maybe not so quick-I italicized the actual question because all the crap around it might confuse people)

Now, instead of Encore ending after 4-8 Turns, it ends after 3 Moves.
Before, if you were to Encore on the turn encore ends, it would fail. However, it seems that (at least on PO currently) if you're slower and you Encore on the turn it is supposed to end, then the Encore renews because it ended after the move, and not at the end of turn.

I know it's kind of difficult to explain this with that kind of vague wording, so an example:

Current PO Mechanics, CM Refresh Latias vs Encore Politoed

Turn 1:Latias Calm Minds - Politoed Encores
Turn 2:Latias forced to CM (1st turn of Encore) - Politoed Toxics
Turn 3:Latias forced to CM (2nd turn of Encore) - Politoed does whatever
Turn 4:Latias forced to CM (3rd turn of Encore. Encore ENDS) - Politoed uses Encore, does not fail. End of turn does not give "_____'s Encore ended!" message.
(If this were Gen 4 mechanics, Encore would fail, and it would give "_____'s Encore ended!")
Turn 5:Latias is still locked into CM, and is unable to use refresh. She finally realizes that she is forced to switch or die to Toxic.

Now, is this a PO glitch, or does this work on cartridge too? (I can't find in-game thing that uses Encore -.-)

If this does work on cartridge, the mechanic change wasn't a 100% nerf but more like a mixed bag of 80% nerf and 20% gain. Yeah, I know that the shortened turn count is pretty darn significant. Still, if this works, then a lot of slower Pokemon can use Encore effectively, at least relatively to the past. Encore worked so much better in DPP with speed in your hand. If you're faster, then the opponent is essentially locked into a non-attacking move forever. Now, with this mechanic change, slower pokemon can also indefinitely lock you into a non-attack. If you think that this is 'too situational'... well, Encore itself is pretty darn situational, too.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)