Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll accept Maxim.

Switch = N/A
Items = No
Abilities = One

EDIT: Arena:
Kaxtar said:
Evil Circus: Field Type: Neutral; Complexity: Intense; Format: All

It seemed like a great idea at the time, to go to the circus to have a good old friendly brawl. But then that damn evil Puppet Master came and ruined all the fun. Drat... but the fight must go on! At the end of each round, the Puppet Master will cast a tricky effect, directly attack both pokemon, or summon a wild pokemon to attack and harass the competitors. He cannot be attack directly, but the Puppet Master's attacks can be defended against.

Summary: A traveling circus with an evil Puppet in the background, who will active one of the following effects at the end of each round: Use Wonder Room, use Trick Room, use Magic Room, use a ThunderBolt on all pokemon, use an Ice Beam on all Pokemon, use a Flamethrower on all pokemon, summon a wild Drifblimb to attack, summon a wild Houndoom to attack, or summon a Mr. Mime to attack. Each effect has the same chance of happening (1/9). The puppet master cannot be attacked.
And my battle with Leethoof still needs a ref

CHALLENGING LOUISCYPHRE

Watefall Colosseum Battle...EXCEPT DOUBLES

The battle theme, Team Battle makes the player pick six of your party members, and individually faces them off, in pairs, in elimination two-on-two fights against the opponent's 6 Pokémon. Players are not allowed to switch Pokémon; knocking out both of the opponent's Pokémon gets the player a point. The inverse is true: if the opponent's Pokémon beats the player, they get point. Then the second Pokémon team the player picked goes up against the opponent's second pair of Pokémon. The minimum amount of battles is 2; the first Trainer to get 2 victories/points (out of 3 possible battles) wins.
6v6 Doubles
2 recoveries, 5 chills
3 Day DQ, 4 for ref
Special Condition: Maximum of 1 Fully-Evolved pokemon or non-evolvable Pokemon per pair
Arena: Waterfall Colosseum

A stadium overlooking the ocean, Waterfall Colosseum is an outdoor battlefield, meaning all moves are allowed. The titular waterfall on one side of the stadium provides a constant water source for water attacks, as well as many boulders created from the constant pressure of falling tons of water.

Due to the nature of the battle, I kind of, um, NEED it to be Switch=KO.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
challenging glacier
I'm testing out a new stage

1v1 singles
3 day dq for battlers and refs
2 recoveries / 5 chills
IRC Stadium
this battle takes place on irc, and has many side effects.
note: apply these effects by whoever is on #capasb during the time of reffing, at the time you apply these effects - note, more than 1 effect can be activated per round

if user -Charmander- is on: people will 1: complain that charmander isn't releasing his pokemon (all sound related move will fail next round(5% chance) or 2: people will ask why he's there, and charmander will laugh (5% chance) these two effects cannot happen at the same time
if user Acklow is on: a sandstorm will start (2% chance)
if user alchemator is on: sketch will have it's energy cost reduced by 2 (50% chance)
if user athenondoros is on: he gets to pick one move, and use it on both pokemon (i had no other ideas) (10% chance)
if user cartoons! is on: the next reefing must be drawn (1% chance)
if user chou toshio is on: all offensive and defensive stats will be changed to a neutral nature weedle (40% chance)
if user danmantincan is on: both battlers' pokemon know explosion for the next round (20% chance)
if user deck knight is on: all effects's chances of happening are doubled (10%) or halved (10%)
if user Engineer Pikachu is on: all moves have their base power increased by 1 (20% chance)
if user fire blast is on: all fire moves have their energy cost removed by 1, and fire blast has it's energy cost removed by 2 (5% chance)
if user flamestrike is on: all moves have their base power increased by 1 (20% chance)
if user Flora is on: there is a glitch in the reffing, and the base power of any move used next round will have the base power of the first move above it that has a base power (30% chance)
if user kaxtar is on: all stat changes are removed (5% chance)
if both users lady salamence and terrador are on: the move explosion will happen (100% chance)

all mons allowed

I want another battle!

alright,
2 vs 2 doubles
2 day DQ
0 recoveries, 5 chills
NFEs only please (and they will be water type)

Arena: Water Gym

A fairly simple gym that consists of a pool and platforms for non-aquatic Pokemon to stand on. The arena is fairly large and outdoors allowing for weather effects. On one side, the arena is connected to a lake where it gets it's water supply. The most interesting part of the gym is outside of the main area. In four of the corners of the main arena there are raging rapids. Each of these rapids lead up to a higher level that surrounds the main area. Only Pokemon that are strong enough to swim through the current, are used to the raging waters (Water types) and Pokemon who can fly over top of the rapids can access the elevated level.

1v1 Singles
1 day DQ (2 for refs)
2 recoveries, 5 chills
Arena: Tournament Arena

I'm using Togepi, but whatever I guess I don't care what you use.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lets train some NFEs!

Doubles battle of either 3v3, 4v4 or 5v5 (acceptor can choose)
2 Day DQ
2 Recover / 5 Chill
Arena: I really don't care. Lets just make it an open field with a pond in the middle.

And if you could also keep it to NFEs, that would be good.

New Open Challenge! (Someone I haven't battle preferably.)

Format: 3v3 Singles
DQ: 2 days
Restricted Moves: 3 Recoveries, 5 Chills
Switch: OK
Items: On
Arena: A Battling Center in which scientists observe battles and record what they see. The Arena is a simple rectangular space with an open roof so the pokemon get some fresh air. Moves that will damage the delicate machinery used by the scientists are banned for the center. These include Rock-type moves, and Water-type moves. Moves that gain power from electricity (Electric-type moves) will be powered up, and have +1 Base Power. At any point in the match, there is a chance that one of the scientists will yell "Eureka" after making an amzaing discovery. This will encourage both pokemon currently battling, causing them to do 3 more damage then they would normally would have done on the next attack they use. The effect can only happen once a round, and will only affect one attacking move used by the pokemon. There is a 1/16 chance that "Eureka" will be yelled on any given action.

(I know I kind of limited your choice, but I really want to do a Switch: OK and Item: On battle)

5v5 singles
1 day DQ (2 for refs)
2 recoveries/5 chills per pokemon
arena: standard arena

I'm bored and my Pokemon all need EXP. They're all in my sig so....

Time to get another brawl up!

6v6 Brawl
1 Day DQ/2 for ref
3 Recovers/5 Chills
Using mostly middle staged mons, rest will be babies.
Arena: Same as always, if someone has a more interesting arena thats not to horridly limiting well go with that, otherwise standard arena

again, whoever accepts needs to bear in mind that actions need to be PMed to ref instead of posted.

I really need to get another battle
4v4 NFE[DOUBLES!
No evolving during the fight either
2 day DQ (3 for ref if needed)
1 recovery/5 chills

Tournament Arena to keep things simple
Im here for the battling, not the fancy stages

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I'll take your Brawl challenge Ragnarokalex, if you don't mind me using a Pokemon which doesn't evolve in the mix.

No items
All abilities
Switch = Banana

Lets train some NFEs!

Doubles battle of either 3v3, 4v4 or 5v5 (acceptor can choose)
2 Day DQ
2 Recover / 5 Chill
Arena: I really don't care. Lets just make it an open field with a pond in the middle.

And if you could also keep it to NFEs, that would be good.
Accepting (3v3)
Switch=KO
All Abilities
Items disabled

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat Ragnarokalex
Time to get another brawl up!

6v6 Brawl
1 Day DQ/2 for ref
3 Recovers/5 Chills
Using mostly middle staged mons, rest will be babies.
Arena: Same as always, if someone has a more interesting arena thats not to horridly limiting well go with that, otherwise standard arena

again, whoever accepts needs to bear in mind that actions need to be PMed to ref instead of posted.
Originally Posted by Fat Athenodoros
I'll take your Brawl challenge Ragnarokalex, if you don't mind me using a Pokemon which doesn't evolve in the mix.

No items
All abilities
Switch = Banana
Since I didn't learn my lesson last time, I'll ref this one as well! PM me your teams, please!

This IS an "I want to train my Magikarp!" battle. Repeat, This IS an "I want to train my Magikarp!" battle.

2v2 Double battle
1 Day DQ (I want this to go by quickly)
2 Recover / 5 Chill
Arena: I really don't care. Challenger can pick, otherwise standard.

I will be using all NFEs, though I don't care what you pick. I just want to train my 'mons quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)