Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3x3 triples
DQ 5 days
4 chills: 4 recoveries
Arena:

Arena of Fear (Arena by Glacier Knight)
Field Type- Neutral
Complexity- Intense
Format- Singles, Doubles, Triples
Restrictions- Artificial arena, Low ceiling, No digging, No seismic activity, No weather

Arena of Fear: Pokemon and Trainers beware; you’re in for a scare! This daunting place will leave even the most demented beasts shaken and startled. When you first begin your match here it looks like a normal, though dark looking, covered arena (circular shape, one hundred fifty feet long and wide, rounded dome that at its peak is one hundred fifty feet above the dome. The arena’s floor is cobblestone and is dimly lit). After each round fear is instilled! This arena is based on phobias, and the dome will alter itself to accommodate a random phobia. The dome is being worked on to have more phobias, but for now here are the possible outcomes:​

• Apiphobia- Fear of bees: the arena’s lights will become much brighter, but compartments in the inner dome will release hundreds of annoying and frightening bees. Bug types will have no problem with this, but all other pokemon will be attacked for 4 damage and receive a -1 evasion and -1 accuracy stat drop
  • Arsonphobia- Fear of fire: the lights will turn off, but don’t worry about light, tiny holes in the cobblestones will release huge torches of flames, and hit pokemon will lose 5 damage (pkmn weak to fire will take 6, pkmn with two weaknesses to fire will take 8, pkmn with resistance to fire take 4 damage, and pkmn with two resistances to fire will take 2 damage. Fire types take none). The fire will jet out of the holes at random throughout the turn they have been summoned
  • Aviatophobia- Fear of flying: holes in the cobblestone will spit out large gusts of wind, sending all pokemon flying into the air. They will not fall splat however. The gusts of air will keep them floating, though most pokemon will have a hard time aiming or attacking (all non-flying types receive a -2 evasion and accuracy stat drop). Flying types will not be effected, as the air only helps them.
  • Myctophobia- Fear of darkness: the dim lights will shut off completely, leaving you and your precious pokemon In the dark for a round. Pokemon that cannot see in darkness (or doesn’t have a glowing body) receives a -3 accuracy stat drop. Dark types receive a +1 evasion and +2 accuracy stat gain.
  • Hydrophobia- Fear of water: the holes in the cobblestone will release water at a startling rate, and holes in the dome will help quicken the process. The water will rise to thirty feet, and any pokemon who cannot swim or create something to stay on the surface with is doomed. Water pokemon receive a +1 attack +1 evasion +1 speed stat boost, and fire pokemon receive a -1 attack -1 defense stat drop.
  • Pagophobia- Fear of ice or frost: the holes in the cobblestone and inner dome will emit an icy spray, turning the arena into a chilly torture room. Also the holes will spit out deadly icicles, hitting all non ice types for 6 damage. The ice spray will also freeze parts of the pokemon if they make direct contact.
  • Traumatophobia- Fear of injury: the dome opens up to reveal little imps! These mischievous devils will start chucking hurtful objects at your poor pokemon, not only causing damage but inflicting other pains too. (if hit this is what the objects do: wooden chair- 3 damage, dresser- 5 damage, lamp- 3 damage, hot sauce- -1 accuracy stat drop, bag of lit charcoal- 6 damage to all non fire types, snakes- stay on the floor and will bite for 2 damage, skulls- 1 damage and 40% chance of being too scared to move or attack)
  • Nebulaphobia- Fear of fog: the holes of the inner dome release a hazy fog, removing all stat enhancements, reflect, light screen, and etc. also all pokemon not accustomed to fighting in fog receive a -2 accuracy and -1 speed stat drop.
  • Daemonophobia- fear of demons: when battlers come to duel in the arena of fear, they pray they never see this fear pop up! When activated a large trap door will open up form the floor, releasing a terrible demon that will prey on its victims! The demon will leave at the end of the round, but that doesn’t mean it’ll just sit there and look pretty! (its hp is 150, and it will use shadow claw, flamethrower, shadow punch, snarl, screech, shadow ball, crunch, hypnosis, dream eater, nightmare, or ominous wind)
Remember, no dig, earthquake, or weather! Be ready for the scare of your life!

I am, and forever shall be known, as the man without fear...

Open challenge: 2v2 singles.
DQ time: 1 Day.
2 recoveries, 5 chills per pokemon.
Arena:
Arena: Hall of Origin
The home of Arceus, the Original One. It has deigned to observe the duel between two Trainers. Normally it won't interfere, being the creator of justice and honor; however, should his home (Rank 5 Def, Rank 5 S Def, ??? Type) take an increment of 20 Damage (takes damage whenever a multi hit attack occurs or an attack misses, even activated by attacks such as Heat Wave and Rock Slide), Arceus will lash out with a random-typed 5 SpA Judgement against the offending party. The dimensions of the arena are 50 meters long and 20 meters wide; long story short, it'll hold pretty much anything.

NFE pokes only.

EDIT: Awesome, Gerard. Now let's find ourselves a ref...

Unfortunately it seems you have no one-stage mons, so I'll have to turn you down.
Damn, tought you meant first-stage, then another time will be :(

Open challenge: 2v2 singles.
DQ time: 1 Day.
2 recoveries, 5 chills per pokemon.
Arena:
Arena: Hall of Origin
The home of Arceus, the Original One. It has deigned to observe the duel between two Trainers. Normally it won't interfere, being the creator of justice and honor; however, should his home (Rank 5 Def, Rank 5 S Def, ??? Type) take an increment of 20 Damage (takes damage whenever a multi hit attack occurs or an attack misses, even activated by attacks such as Heat Wave and Rock Slide), Arceus will lash out with a random-typed 5 SpA Judgement against the offending party. The dimensions of the arena are 50 meters long and 20 meters wide; long story short, it'll hold pretty much anything.

NFE pokes only.
Then i guess i'll accept this one :9

So, I want to battle and ref a battle with the following ruleset. I need an opponent for myself, a ref for this battle, and two other participants who would like to battle in this arena.

Open Challenge:
1v1 Singles
DQ: 2 days
Restricted Moves: 10 Chills, 2 Recoveries
Pokemon: "New Pokemon." Minimal MC investment, NFE, Able to evolve
Arena said:
Arena: Plants vs. Zombies
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: High
Format: Singles

Restrictions: None

Description: We are in the backyard of Plants vs Zombies! There is water in the middle, so all Water-type moves can be freely used. In addition to the regular actions in a round, players will be able to plant different plants that have effects on themselves and their opponent. Before the battle begins, the player PMs 10 of the plants they want to be able to use, along with their team. The ref will display which plants they choose in the OP, as well as the other information.

Every action, the players receive 1 Sun. This is the currency that is used to get plants. Once a certain amount it reached, the Sun can be expended, and a plant will be placed. A maximum of 3 Plants may be placed during a round. Only 1 of a certain plant can be placed each round. Certain plants effect Sun, and more Sun can be obtained by them.

Since the plants cause much damage, all pokemon start with twice as much HP, so that the battle can last a reasonable amount of time.

Below, is a list of plants available. The player must choose 10 that they will be capable of using during the battle.

Name | Effect | Sun Cost
Peashooter | 3 DPA for the opponent | 2 Sun
Sunflower | 1 extra Sun per action | 2 Sun
Cherry Bomb | 10 damage. One time use | 4 Sun
Wall-Nut | 3 less damage from contact attacks. Lasts for 25 damage | 2 Sun
Potato Mine | 20 damage 3 rounds later | 2 Sun
Snow Pea | 3 DPA for the opponent. -1 Spe for the opponent | 4 Sun
Chomper | Immobilizes opponent for 2 actions when contact attacks are used | 5 Sun
Repeater | 5 DPA for the opponent | 5 Sun
Threepeater | 1/4 chance for 1 or 3 hits. 1/2 chance for 2 hits. 2 DPA per hit for the opponent | 4 Sun
Squash | 1/5 chance for 15 damage | 2 Sun
Jalepeno | 25 damage. Once per battle | 5 Sun
Spikeweed | DPA = 10 - Spe/10. Only one may be placed | 4 Sun
Torchwood | Doubles the power of *All* peashooters | 3 Sun
Tall-Nut | 3 less damage from contact attacks. Lasts for 50 damage | 4 Sun
Cactus | 2 DPA for the opponent. Opponent loses all their immunities | 3 Sun
Blover | Rebounds all plant-related damage done in an actions | 4 Sun
Starfruit | 1/5 chance for 1-5 hits. 2 DPA per hit | 5 Sun
Pumpkin | Lowers the Sun Cost of <Plant> by 1 | 2 Sun
Kernel-Pult | 2 DPA for the opponent. 1/5 chance to stop all plant related damage | 3 Sun
Umbrella Leaf | Protects from all plant-related damage once per round | 5 Sun
Melon-pult | 8 DPA for the opponent | 10 Sun

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
You know what? I'm down; I guess. Am I waiting for an opponent for you to ref; Blast; or are you my opponent?

Looking for a good ol' Trainin' Battle!

3 vs. 3 Singles
NFE 1st Stages only (Bulbasaur, yes; Tropius, no)
2 Day DQ
4 Chills, 5 Recoveries

Arena: Fighting Gym Idea

The opponents face off in a large rectangular arena, about 50 feet wide and 75 feet long. The building itself is 100 by 100, but the remaining portion is roped off to keep spectators safe and away from the arena. The cieling (which is 30 feet above the ground) is lined with sharp stalagtites due to the designs of the gym, so seismic moves and rock slides can be used to hit opponents in the air. These stones and rocks, as well as large stones found on the dirt-floor, give all Rock type moves +1 BP, as well as perfect accuracy. Large vats of water are stored in the 4 corners of the building, so water type moves are usable, but cost an addtional 3 energy to draw forth. To level the playing field to prevent easy wins for the challenger, a loud Bell is chimed at the beginning of each round to reduce the power of Psychic type moves by 1 BP.

Any takers? :D

3x3 triples
DQ 5 days
4 chills: 4 recoveries
Arena:

Arena of Fear (Arena by Glacier Knight)
Field Type- Neutral
Complexity- Intense
Format- Singles, Doubles, Triples
Restrictions- Artificial arena, Low ceiling, No digging, No seismic activity, No weather

Arena of Fear: Pokemon and Trainers beware; you’re in for a scare! This daunting place will leave even the most demented beasts shaken and startled. When you first begin your match here it looks like a normal, though dark looking, covered arena (circular shape, one hundred fifty feet long and wide, rounded dome that at its peak is one hundred fifty feet above the dome. The arena’s floor is cobblestone and is dimly lit). After each round fear is instilled! This arena is based on phobias, and the dome will alter itself to accommodate a random phobia. The dome is being worked on to have more phobias, but for now here are the possible outcomes:​

• Apiphobia- Fear of bees: the arena’s lights will become much brighter, but compartments in the inner dome will release hundreds of annoying and frightening bees. Bug types will have no problem with this, but all other pokemon will be attacked for 4 damage and receive a -1 evasion and -1 accuracy stat drop
  • Arsonphobia- Fear of fire: the lights will turn off, but don’t worry about light, tiny holes in the cobblestones will release huge torches of flames, and hit pokemon will lose 5 damage (pkmn weak to fire will take 6, pkmn with two weaknesses to fire will take 8, pkmn with resistance to fire take 4 damage, and pkmn with two resistances to fire will take 2 damage. Fire types take none). The fire will jet out of the holes at random throughout the turn they have been summoned
  • Aviatophobia- Fear of flying: holes in the cobblestone will spit out large gusts of wind, sending all pokemon flying into the air. They will not fall splat however. The gusts of air will keep them floating, though most pokemon will have a hard time aiming or attacking (all non-flying types receive a -2 evasion and accuracy stat drop). Flying types will not be effected, as the air only helps them.
  • Myctophobia- Fear of darkness: the dim lights will shut off completely, leaving you and your precious pokemon In the dark for a round. Pokemon that cannot see in darkness (or doesn’t have a glowing body) receives a -3 accuracy stat drop. Dark types receive a +1 evasion and +2 accuracy stat gain.
  • Hydrophobia- Fear of water: the holes in the cobblestone will release water at a startling rate, and holes in the dome will help quicken the process. The water will rise to thirty feet, and any pokemon who cannot swim or create something to stay on the surface with is doomed. Water pokemon receive a +1 attack +1 evasion +1 speed stat boost, and fire pokemon receive a -1 attack -1 defense stat drop.
  • Pagophobia- Fear of ice or frost: the holes in the cobblestone and inner dome will emit an icy spray, turning the arena into a chilly torture room. Also the holes will spit out deadly icicles, hitting all non ice types for 6 damage. The ice spray will also freeze parts of the pokemon if they make direct contact.
  • Traumatophobia- Fear of injury: the dome opens up to reveal little imps! These mischievous devils will start chucking hurtful objects at your poor pokemon, not only causing damage but inflicting other pains too. (if hit this is what the objects do: wooden chair- 3 damage, dresser- 5 damage, lamp- 3 damage, hot sauce- -1 accuracy stat drop, bag of lit charcoal- 6 damage to all non fire types, snakes- stay on the floor and will bite for 2 damage, skulls- 1 damage and 40% chance of being too scared to move or attack)
  • Nebulaphobia- Fear of fog: the holes of the inner dome release a hazy fog, removing all stat enhancements, reflect, light screen, and etc. also all pokemon not accustomed to fighting in fog receive a -2 accuracy and -1 speed stat drop.
  • Daemonophobia- fear of demons: when battlers come to duel in the arena of fear, they pray they never see this fear pop up! When activated a large trap door will open up form the floor, releasing a terrible demon that will prey on its victims! The demon will leave at the end of the round, but that doesn’t mean it’ll just sit there and look pretty! (its hp is 150, and it will use shadow claw, flamethrower, shadow punch, snarl, screech, shadow ball, crunch, hypnosis, dream eater, nightmare, or ominous wind)
Remember, no dig, earthquake, or weather! Be ready for the scare of your life!

I am, and forever shall be known, as the man without fear...
Accepting
One Ability
Switch=NO
No items

Looking for an open battle

2 vs 2 Doubles
2 day DQ
2 recoveries, 5 chills

I will be using mid-staged mons

Arena: The Pub

A bar fight has broken out in McLearen's pub. People are bringing out Pokemon left and right to fight each other with. This means that it is possible to get in the crossfire of another battle and get hurt, though this will be left up to the imagination of the ref. The layout is fairly simple, tables and chairs are flipped over and bar stools are overturned everywhere. There is a pool table to stand on in one corner of the room. There is enough alcohol in the room to use surf and dig is enabled. Also, don't let your Pokemon get drunk.

Looking for an open battle

2 vs 2 Doubles
2 day DQ
2 recoveries, 5 chills

I will be using mid-staged mons

Arena: The Pub

A bar fight has broken out in McLearen's pub. People are bringing out Pokemon left and right to fight each other with. This means that it is possible to get in the crossfire of another battle and get hurt, though this will be left up to the imagination of the ref. The layout is fairly simple, tables and chairs are flipped over and bar stools are overturned everywhere. There is a pool table to stand on in one corner of the room. There is enough alcohol in the room to use surf and dig is enabled. Also, don't let your Pokemon get drunk.
I'll accept this. Switch=YES, no items, all abilities

3 vs. 3 Singles
2 Day DQ
4 Chills, 5 Recoveries

The opponents face off in a large rectangular arena, about 50 feet wide and 75 feet long. The building itself is 100 by 100, but the remaining portion is roped off to keep spectators safe and away from the arena. The cieling (which is 30 feet above the ground) is lined with sharp stalagtites due to the designs of the gym, so seismic moves and rock slides can be used to hit opponents in the air. These stones and rocks, as well as large stones found on the dirt-floor, give all Rock type moves +1 BP, as well as perfect accuracy. Large vats of water are stored in the 4 corners of the building, so water type moves are usable, but cost an addtional 3 energy to draw forth. To level the playing field to prevent easy wins for the challenger, a loud Bell is chimed at the beginning of each round to reduce the power of Psychic type moves by 1 BP.

I'll take you on.
Switch= Nope
Abilites= All
Items= None

Ref anyone?

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge
2v2 Singles
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries / 5 Chills
Only one-stage Pokémon may be used.
Only send two Pokémon to the ref. The first of these will be sent out automatically.

The question is, which two of my four one-stage mons will it be? ;D
So unpopular ;_;

E: If it helps, you can use a first- or second-stage mon instead of one of the one-stage mons, but I'll still be using two.

3 vs. 3 Singles
2 Day DQ
4 Chills, 5 Recoveries

I'll take you on.
Switch= Nope
Abilites= All
Items= None

Ref anyone?
I'll ref this. Expect VMs asking for teams shortly

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
So unpopular ;_;

E: If it helps, you can use a first- or second-stage mon instead of one of the one-stage mons, but I'll still be using two.
I'll take this, using non-evolving Pokemon. It is a training battle:

[13:55:14] <%Alchemator> post saying it's a training battle
[13:55:16] <%Alchemator> that is, quote me saying it

No Items
Switch = KO
All Abilities

Accepting Alch vs Darkslay. Here's the arena:

A 20ft-by-30ft field with a white picket fence along the edges. There is also a tyre leaning on the fence and a stop sign with graffiti on it leaning on a cinder block. There is no external water source for moves like Surf, Muddy Water and Soak. Apart from that, everything else can be used.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I challenge DarkSlay!

One of those practice battles that have become popular
3v3 Doubles
2/5 Chill/Recover
2 Day DQ

Arena: ...I am so bad with coming up with arenas. How about this: a field. There are some trees off to one side, and a lake on the other. The center area is mostly flat. Basically, anything is allowed.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I challenge DarkSlay!

One of those practice battles that have become popular
3v3 Doubles
2/5 Chill/Recover
2 Day DQ

Arena: ...I am so bad with coming up with arenas. How about this: a field. There are some trees off to one side, and a lake on the other. The center area is mostly flat. Basically, anything is allowed.
Challenge accepted!

No Items
Switch = KO
One Ability

Well, I need some training for some of my pokes.

2v2 Doubles
5 chills/ 2 recoveries
1 Day DQ/ 2 Days for Refs
Arena can be chosen by the challenger
Unevolved pokes only folks! (though they can be of any rarity)

So, I want to battle and ref a battle with the following ruleset. I need an opponent for myself, a ref for this battle, and two other participants who would like to battle in this arena.

Open Challenge: 1v1 Singles
DQ: 2 days
Restricted Moves: 10 Chills, 2 Recoveries
Pokemon: "New Pokemon." Minimal MC investment, NFE, Able to evolve
Arena] [I][B]Arena: [/B]Plants vs. Zombies [B]Field Type:[/B] Neutral [B]Complexity:[/B] High [B]Format:[/B] Singles [B]Restrictions:[/B] None [B]Description: [/B]We are in the [URL="http://brutalgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/plants-vs-zombies-pool.jpg said:
backyard of Plants vs Zombies[/URL]! There is water in the middle, so all Water-type moves can be freely used. In addition to the regular actions in a round, players will be able to plant different plants that have effects on themselves and their opponent. Before the battle begins, the player PMs 10 of the plants they want to be able to use, along with their team. The ref will display which plants they choose in the OP, as well as the other information.

Every action, the players receive 1 Sun. This is the currency that is used to get plants. Once a certain amount it reached, the Sun can be expended, and a plant will be placed. A maximum of 3 Plants may be placed during a round. Only 1 of a certain plant can be placed each round. Certain plants effect Sun, and more Sun can be obtained by them.

Since the plants cause much damage, all pokemon start with twice as much HP, so that the battle can last a reasonable amount of time.

Below, is a list of plants available. The player must choose 10 that they will be capable of using during the battle.

Name | Effect | Sun Cost
Peashooter | 3 DPA for the opponent | 2 Sun
Sunflower | 1 extra Sun per action | 2 Sun
Cherry Bomb | 10 damage. One time use | 4 Sun
Wall-Nut | 3 less damage from contact attacks. Lasts for 25 damage | 2 Sun
Potato Mine | 20 damage 3 rounds later | 2 Sun
Snow Pea | 3 DPA for the opponent. -1 Spe for the opponent | 4 Sun
Chomper | Immobilizes opponent for 2 actions when contact attacks are used | 5 Sun
Repeater | 5 DPA for the opponent | 5 Sun
Threepeater | 1/4 chance for 1 or 3 hits. 1/2 chance for 2 hits. 2 DPA per hit for the opponent | 4 Sun
Squash | 1/5 chance for 15 damage | 2 Sun
Jalepeno | 25 damage. Once per battle | 5 Sun
Spikeweed | DPA = 10 - Spe/10. Only one may be placed | 4 Sun
Torchwood | Doubles the power of *All* peashooters | 3 Sun
Tall-Nut | 3 less damage from contact attacks. Lasts for 50 damage | 4 Sun
Cactus | 2 DPA for the opponent. Opponent loses all their immunities | 3 Sun
Blover | Rebounds all plant-related damage done in an actions | 4 Sun
Starfruit | 1/5 chance for 1-5 hits. 2 DPA per hit | 5 Sun
Pumpkin | Lowers the Sun Cost of <Plant> by 1 | 2 Sun
Kernel-Pult | 2 DPA for the opponent. 1/5 chance to stop all plant related damage | 3 Sun
Umbrella Leaf | Protects from all plant-related damage once per round | 5 Sun
Melon-pult | 8 DPA for the opponent | 10 Sun[/I]
ah then i guess ill be in the 2nd match

then im gonna need an opponent now
Ragnarokalex still needs an opponent!

Well, I need some training for some of my pokes.

2v2 Doubles
5 chills/ 2 recoveries
1 Day DQ/ 2 Days for Refs
Arena can be chosen by the challenger
Unevolved pokes only folks! (though they can be of any rarity)
Ill take this! I got 2 babies that need to start getting some matches in,

Switch=

Items=nope
Abilities=all
and unfortunately im to lazy to come up with an arena so i guess its standard arena unless the ref wants to do something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)