Propose-a-Game / Request-a-Host Thread

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Would anyone be interested in a Stratego tournament? One of the greatest board games ever (ok, a little over the top but its fucking awesome). Simple to play but with a great deal of strategy and thinking. Quick games too, wouldn't take longer than an hour max.
Read here for more info on the game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratego

In order to play we would be using: http://www.onlinestratego.com/
Free to play, easy to set up games.

I'm thinking on an 8 person tournament. Best of three games. We could even do a Double elimination if people are very interested.

Let me know through VMs if you'd be interested (this includes mods who may glance at this and possibly give me a green light if this an ok game to post).

~matty

I'm completely scrapping this idea for another idea, thi is not just because of Jumpluff's post, I've been planning on doing this for awhile I just haven't got the time to go and delete this post.

I'm thinking of having a Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament. It will be over Wifi, with this ruleset:

1.3 Stocks
2.8 Minute Time Limit
3.Items set to Smash Balls on (No other items allowed) and medium
4.The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
5.Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Legal Stages:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Battlefield
Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Smashville
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 2
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

Please PM me if you're interested.

Would it be possible for me to do a mafia game in around a few months (min), since I want to host a game, but need to get to know the crowd here first. It would most likely be a smaller version of a game I am planning for another forum, or one based on valve.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Would it be possible for me to do a mafia game in around a few months (min), since I want to host a game, but need to get to know the crowd here first. It would most likely be a smaller version of a game I am planning for another forum, or one based on valve.
Yeah, you probably will want to read up on the numerous articles Mekkah and a few others wrote up on Smogon Mafia. Also: try joining a game or two around here, and get the feel for the environment. That's my best advice.

Here are the articles:
Introduction to Smogon Mafia
Common Mafia Roles
Village Leading in Mafia
Mafia Revolution
Soft Alliances in Mafia
Designing and hosting a mafia game
The Stealth element of Mafia

Edit: And as for a cohost, I suggest going on IRC and looking around for people who are interested in helping you out.

Ok then,I have played many games on ONM (another forum) and know how they work, (I am makeing one to host on ONM right now) its just red_kryal said I should get to know you guys so I will, if I may, when is then next game? I have only played clue mafias by the way, apart from one sign of game called kingmaker.

Looking for a cohost for a Beginner/Standard game (I'm not really sure what it'll be atm). PM me if interested. I'd prefer it if you've had experience hosting, but you don't need to.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
So I'm thinking of writing up a new mafia game. I don't want to ruin the theme, since it'll be quite secret, but I'll give a little tiny spoiler: Underground Mafia. Anyways, I'm probably going to need a co-host or two that would be willing to run the most of the game after I'm finished writing it up. The game will either be a Standard NOC or a Beginner game. Let me know if you are interested in being the lucky guy/girl to partner up with me.
Still looking for people. Once again, lemme know if you'd be interested.

Edit: Found 1 cohost. Still looking for at least one more.

While waiting for a cohost to finish some stuff up for my standard game, I've began some work on a beginner game based around video game characters. That's all I shall disclose. A cohost/assistant/minion/robot would be lovely to have.

Edit powers: I have found my cohost/assistant/minion/robot...

I would like a somebody to help me to construct and host a mafialike game. You having experience is required, since it seems like it'd need to be a Big game for the game idea to work at all/best. Please PM me if qualified and interested.

EDIT: Forget it.

I would like someone to help me host a mafia game about MVC3 Characters, this will be a beginners mafia and will be very, very fun. Since I will be out of internet until Friday at the latest, I need somebody that will do stuff while im gone.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm looking to refine the Double Alias mafia game, where the game is played out on both smogon and an anonymous forum. The main difference is that the role PMs for both could be completely different and may involve two different playstyles. Ideally in this version on smogon a user could be inspector, and on the anon forum they would be someone else like a mayor.

The game I'm planning would be a one mafia vs the village, I'm going to be using the Megaman Battle Network games/anime as the theme with the real world and the net.

Currently the two games operate slightly differently, I am looking for a co-host who can help me out with balance stopping the problems that occurred in Double Alias mafia.

I've just written up a multi faction mafia game with immortality as it's main twist. Unfortunately, I have neither the experience nor the time to actually host a game, so I was wondering if someone might take it off my hands. I have all the role PMs written up, so PM me if you'd like to review them.

I'm interested in proposing a Mafia game, but I can't host one because I'm completely inexperienced in forum mafia. (I have played mafia at parties and stuff like that)

Actually, screw that. I've got a new game idea, but I need somebody experienced in Mafia to cohost with me.

It's PMD Mafia, since that game seems like another Mafia-friendly game.

PM me if you're interested.

EDIT: Cohost found.

If you want to host a mafia, I recommend not giving away important details about it publicly, unless you plan to reveal them all at the start of the game, because it ruins it slightly. This includes things like role PMs, role / faction makeup, and what abilities characters have. Part of the puzzle of Smogon mafia is putting the pieces of information together, after all. If you intend to just post what roles each faction have (which is usually only seen in classic, no-outside-communication mafias), go ahead, I guess.

This is how Pluff quits mafia.

And since I'm a fan of being on topic...

I've got a couple of game ideas in the works. One is near-complete, but I'd welcome input on a few aspects on it, if you wouldn't want to play. The other has a concept/theme fairly in place, but I'm facing a couple of pretty critical issues with it. So if you're feeling creative, feel free to bug me on IRC or PM me (if you insist).

Looking for support for a new idea of mine and Dummy007's. It is just with the normal villages and stuff, but with a twist, diseases. Basically there will be three diseases: one kills, one increases your chance of being killed, and one is an auto-hook. I also have a couple of out-there roles to keep things interesting, VM/PM me if you wish this game to happen!

Unfortunately I will have to be scaling back the amount of time I spend on Smogon. I have been developing a game based on the book "Brave New World" with Aura Guardian for about half a year now and planned on hosting it with him in the near future, however I will be unable to be a good host. I am looking for someone willing to co-host along with Aura Guardian so that the game can continue in my absence. You will not be involved in the development process, as the game is finished. I am not sure yet if Aura Guardian still wants to host it or not, but in the event that the game is still on he will likely need a co-host. Please contact him for the details.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I realize that some people still have a bad taste in their mouths from Luigi's Mansion Mafia (looking at you, iiMKUltra), but I'd like to try my hand at hosting again. I'm in the early stages of designing a standard game and would like a cohost to help me out. Contact me if you are interested.

EDIT: Found a host

EDIT2:
[17:52] <iiMKUltra> ugh walrein
[17:52] <iiMKUltra> your post
[17:53] <iiMKUltra> is just so trolly
[17:53] <iiMKUltra> please delete
[17:53] <Walrein> expected/10
[17:53] <iiMKUltra> i'd hate to disappoint

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)