Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick Question

In 3rd and 4th gen. I was able to breed Ditto with any pokemon despite gender, but I can't seem to do it in black. Did they take away that ability?

I'm pretty sure Ditto's the same as usual. The daycare guy should be saying something that is NOT "they prefer to play with others" or whatever it was.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I already have:
Fire Punch
Iron Head
Wish
-----

And I don't need SR.
You could always give him Secret Power if the problem with Body Slam is that he's on a gen IV game. Of course, if he's on a gen V game, your best bet would be to go with U-turn or one of the options someone else listed.

You could always give him Secret Power if the problem with Body Slam is that he's on a gen IV game. Of course, if he's on a gen V game, your best bet would be to go with U-turn or one of the options someone else listed.
Yeah, that's the trouble. Body Slam is 3rd Gen only :(

You can use Thunder as a alternative. It isn't as accurate, but it should work (it hits Gyarados, Politoed and friends for SE damage too).

Is there anywhere I can find good advice on teambuilding for B/W? Most of the stuff I've seen on site is in Outdated, and I'm trying to climb out of a ranking "hole" right now.

EDIT: @benJAMIN: Try a MixPalkia or a ScarfMin. Both of them are hard Groudon counters and force Darkrai to switch.

hey guys, need help with my ubers team please, right now im running a sandstorm team and have 5 really good pokes but cant for the life of me come up with a good 6th. so right now I have Tyranitar, lead and SR. Ferrothorn, kyogre counter, giratina, wall as well as fighting attack absorber, arceus rock, cm variant, late game sweeper, as well as sun counter. And finally garchomp, sand abuser. and so far my team is a bit darkrai and groudon weak. I have tried anything from cresselia, to mewtwo, to chandelure, to shaymin and rayquaza, but cant for the life of me find a solid 6th. So if you could name something that could fit into a sandstorm team as well as take out both defensive groudon and darkrai, it would be much appreciated.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
If you're Darkrai and Groudon weak the best option is a Lum Berry Darkrai. I ran one on my ubers team to great success.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
yeah, that's basically it, I used it in my lead slot because that's where everyone puts darkrai. Basically the point is you don't have to worry about speed ties or dicks who paralyze you, etc.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there anywhere I can find good advice on teambuilding for B/W? Most of the stuff I've seen on site is in Outdated, and I'm trying to climb out of a ranking "hole" right now.

EDIT: @benJAMIN: Try a MixPalkia or a ScarfMin. Both of them are hard Groudon counters and force Darkrai to switch.
just post your team in RMT, you should be able to get tons of teambuilding advice.

What are the most notable sweepers in the OU metagame that utilize Substitute?
Ones that I can think of are Breloom, Gengar, and Kingdra. Any others?

I assume Zen Mode Darmanitan is referred to as Darmanitan-Z, right? What about Meloetta's formes (Aria and Pirouette); are they Meloetta-A and Meloetta-P?

What are the most notable sweepers in the OU metagame that utilize Substitute?
Ones that I can think of are Breloom, Gengar, and Kingdra. Any others?
SubPunchers like Toxicroak
Usually sweepers don't run substitute. Pokes like SubRoost Zapdos use sub to stall due to their good defenses

I assume Zen Mode Darmanitan is referred to as Darmanitan-Z, right? What about Meloetta's formes (Aria and Pirouette); are they Meloetta-A and Meloetta-P?
assuming you are referring to the onsite analyses, meloetta is NOT divided into two forms. the reason is because the two forms of meloetta are the same pokemon as opposed to darmanitan (two different abilities) and the rotom family. they will be listed under one common name because meloetta requires an in-battle move to transform into its other form.

i hope that helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)