Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
idk but unless it is on a real life time scale (which it won't be, because the day-night transition is so fast) then it is guaranteed to be an absolute pain in the ass that you have to top up all the time

Im trying to log in to SmogCraft however it says Im not whitelisted
My username is : Sy123
But I have a theory into why it has happened
Yesterday my internet data finished its ammount so I couldnt go on the internet yesterday, but today I got it back ^.^
Now yesterday I was logging in without a password becasue I could not connect to minecraft.net
So maybe this stuffed me up somehow or something?

But yeah Im un-whitelisted somehow

Im trying to log in to SmogCraft however it says Im not whitelisted
My username is : Sy123
But I have a theory into why it has happened
Yesterday my internet data finished its ammount so I couldnt go on the internet yesterday, but today I got it back ^.^
Now yesterday I was logging in without a password becasue I could not connect to minecraft.net
So maybe this stuffed me up somehow or something?

But yeah Im un-whitelisted somehow
Me too. I'm pretty sure they restarted the server, which is funny, because 1.8 is probably going to be pushed back (no surprise there).

Hunger draining your health is exactly what I was afraid the system would do. It should do stuff like disable sprint and give you a damage penalty, but I wish it didn't affect you when you were doing extended building projects, only in a combat scenario.

Also, the new map was never going to start today anyway, we want to make sure everything is stable first.

Yeah, the current map will remain live until we have complete control over you, and the necessary plugins are all updated. Who knows how long that will take! Also, if you were taken off the whitelist for [unknown reason], PM me and i'll re-add you.

Who knows whether we'll need to start ANOTHER new map when 1.9 comes out (probably like 3 days after 1.8 is stable) :O

Also, we're discussing the finer points of the new map here if you want to have your say!

xenu

Banned deucer.
So I'll be starting work on a server soon, it'll probably go live around the time 1.8 releases and the core plugins stabilize. If anyone wants to help, you can tell me and I'll PM you the server details.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So it seems Mojang "leaked" 1.8

Gonna try it out!

http://assets.minecraft.net/1_8-pre/minecraft.jar

Some notes:

-four square stone = 4 stone bricks
-I can go really high in creative mode
-iron bars are made like fences with iron gives 16 pieces, glass in that figuration does 16 panels
-There is an item called the enderpearl but doesn't seem to do anything
-Minecarts with chests/furnaces are now their own items
-Highest FoV is "Quake Pro" and it's awe inspiring
-Biomes are easy to tell apart, not warm next to cold anymore
-There are monsters in creative wtf
-Animals running require weapons
-Enderman follow you in the air
-Can't find any villages or shrine things in creative, found some mineshafts

Yeah... I'm in love. Flying around exploring on creative mode is now my favourite thing in the world. Here are some screens of the new landscape and some cool stuff I've found:

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
YO I FOUND A VILLAGE BRO

EDIT: A ENDERMAN ENCOUNTER

^I'm assuming that the scaffolding for the roof on top of the house is made of stairs?

Anyways, the village concept is really neat, and I can't wait for 1.8 to come out officially.

Arceus H. Christ, I never realized Endermen have pupils. That's really scary to me. You know that they're looking at you...

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some have claimed that this version is still a bit buggy, I'd be brave enough to say this is Notch's last minute beta test for the 1.8 even though the game is already in beta I know right?

Yeah, well we all know how 50% of the minecraft community treat the beta as the whole game, they unfortunately dont give a damn about Notch and what he has in store. But yeah he really needs to fix the bugs anyway, because I found some diamonds legit, and then I duped them to make 2 diamonds picks a sword and full diamond armor. Which is similar in magnitude to the duplication glitch with pistons in 1.7_01
Unfortuantely my laptop overheated and my save got corrupted and I lost my precious fake diamond save :(
But I did beat up a whole load of endermen, they dont seem that strong (even without diamond arsenal). Yes they are quite creepy, but I seriously get much more scared from any creeper. I thought Id get used to it, but no, I still get freaked out from creepers.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, well we all know how 50% of the minecraft community treat the beta as the whole game, they unfortunately dont give a damn about Notch and what he has in store. But yeah he really needs to fix the bugs anyway, because I found some diamonds legit, and then I duped them to make 2 diamonds picks a sword and full diamond armor. Which is similar in magnitude to the duplication glitch with pistons in 1.7_01
Unfortuantely my laptop overheated and my save got corrupted and I lost my precious fake diamond save :(
But I did beat up a whole load of endermen, they dont seem that strong (even without diamond arsenal). Yes they are quite creepy, but I seriously get much more scared from any creeper. I thought Id get used to it, but no, I still get freaked out from creepers.
what on earth are you talking about

dan and rg those screens look great!! cannot wait to settle down to explore a fresh save or smogcraft2.0 or w/e soon!

Alright after playing this I have to say I am quite impressed. I was scared that I would be disappointed as I was quite psyched up for 1.8 but it is really enjoyable to play. I've been playing with my friend on his server and even things like the food meter which I was a bit iffy about is brilliant. I pretty much love it all. Well apart from the Endermen noises.

az

toddmoding
don't have enough time to justify installing the potentially buggy update so i'll wait until it 1.8 releases properly, but wow, i had so many misconceptions about the new game mechanics

i am watching coverage now of the updates and i am really stoked!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)