Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can a Air Balloon Heatran OHKO a standard Excadrill in Sandstorm with Flamethrower. I don't like to rely on Fire Blast. I really have trouble with SS teams who use SD Excadrill.
Easy; Heatran without any investment into SAtk (neutral) will do 366 - 432 to Escadrill with Flamethrower if it don't have SDef EV. Minimum HP Escadrill is always OHKOed, as it will have 361 HP.
If Heatran is modest (still no EV into SAtk), it will do 402 - 474, which will even OHKO the variant with 401 HP.

Hello,
I'm trying to make a kind of for fun / get into things team for using wifi and play with my friends and am a little stuck in trying to figure out a fifth team member.
Currently, I have a Ferrothorn and Jellicent for my defensive core, a Haxorus for physical sweeping, an Infernape for mixed attacks, and a Tentacruel with a bulky special offensive set.

Any tips for a sixth pokemon?

Hello,
I'm trying to make a kind of for fun / get into things team for using wifi and play with my friends and am a little stuck in trying to figure out a fifth team member.
Currently, I have a Ferrothorn and Jellicent for my defensive core, a Haxorus for physical sweeping, an Infernape for mixed attacks, and a Tentacruel with a bulky special offensive set.

Any tips for a sixth pokemon?
Try Gliscor or Skarm because Excadrill with +2 will own you. Unless your ape has priority mach punch or something.
Also, Thundurus with a nasty plot will also sweep you..... uhhh try a Reuniclus, Thats the only poke i can think of that can take on both thundurus and excadrill, especially with offensive trick room.

There will be suspect tests in uu anr RU and other tiers of the sort, but not OU. Also the NU tier if Smogon decides to make one.
When, not if. There is no question that NU will be made; it's just being delayed because of concerns with the upper tiers. Policy Review has already decided to have four full usage tiers; if that wasn't the case, RU would just be called NU.

That said, there's no reason to jump to conclusions about any details of the future of the suspect testing, either, especially when Haunter just said that it hasn't been decided yet in the first place.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reach a specified ladder ranking on the Smogon University server on Pokemon Online or be accepted via special applications to the suspect process. This has been the standard for most suspect tests held although this could shortly change.

Which of these level 100 defensive stat spreads gives the most overall bulk?

1) 280/454/454 (not factoring Leftovers recovery)

2) 320/332/332 (factoring in Leftovers recovery)

I'm not too sure how to go about factoring Lefties recovery, but I decided to give this a shot anyway based on some totally random calcs:

#1 takes 39.6% - 47.1% from LOMie Hydro Pump and 33.6% - 40% from Offensive DDDos Waterfall while #2 takes 47.2% - 55.6% and 40.3% - 47.8%, so #1 is about 20% bulkier, and would have more % health left after tanking attacks stronger than 100 BP (unSTABed, un-Item-boosted etc) off a 420-430ish Atk stat. I can't imagine how on earth, but I hope that was at all helpful >_____>

then again there are lots more things to consider- damaging weather, getting one's Eviolite Tricked away, etc

While No.1 might take less damage at first, the longer the fight last, the missing leftover recovery will be noticable in the long run. Usually you would like to work with resistances, so leftover comes in handy.
Here are some calcs - actually the damage done, the higher the number, the more damage you have taken.

Specs Latios uses Draco Meteor:
1. 63.6% - 75.4%
2. 78.8% - 92.8% -leftover-> 72.55% - 86.55%

Life Orb Starmie uses Surf (no rain):
1. 31.4% - 37.5% -attack-> 62.8% - 75%
2. 38.8% - 45.9% -leftover-> 32.55% - 39.65%
-attack-> 63.95% - 77.15 -leftover-> 57.7% - 70.9%

It's also a matter of the task of that bulky one; a tank might want to have leftover to be free to attack while a wall/staller can afford to use recovery moves. I my opinion the first one isn't suited for the task of a tank.
Seconded is the typing; if you work with resistances, taking less damage while forcing the opponent to switch, No.2 is the preferred option, as leftovers will heal more in relation to the damage.

Edit: Ninja'd

Does anyone have the equations used in-game for the Time to Seed function?

Also, how is the result used to calculate IVs, PV, etc... and what effect does the frame have on things?

Any clue when the Round 5 Pokemon Suspect list voting results will be confirmed and posted? I'm getting more and more curious as the days pass...

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I remember how back around the Japan earthquake, BW's WiFi kind of sucked and it was amlmost impossible to trade with Union Room friends. Is it still like this or has the situation improved?

Is thundurus ubers these days?
I couldn't find it anywhere and when I use it on PO it says I'm in the ubers tier.

Has GF released any type of schedule/release dates for DW pokemon? I only ask for Zapdos and Ditto. Cannot wait to jump on that Imposter Ditto.

Along with Imposter Ditto if it copies all stats and EVs is there any point in trying to breed out a good nature and perfect IVs with Ditto?

Along with Imposter Ditto if it copies all stats and EVs is there any point in trying to breed out a good nature and perfect IVs with Ditto?
You almost got it: You run your original HP, so you might want to have 30 or 31 IV. Why 299 instead of 300? In the case of an subber, you get more subs with an odd number of HP
Second: Your HP (Hidden Power) doesn't change. For example: Your opponent uses an Abomasnow with HP Fighting. If you copy it, you will keep your own Hidden Power, like Fire.

On the offensive Calm mind set for Virizon would modest be an acceptable choice of nature, or does it miss out on any vital speed benchmarks/ KO's?

what is the ev spread for the sub punch breloom for 5th gen? and since im talking about breloom, do you think shiny breloo and ferrothorn aare ugly?

what is the ev spread for the sub punch breloom for 5th gen? and since im talking about breloom, do you think shiny breloo and ferrothorn aare ugly?
i would say just stick wit the standard set from 4th gen as i cant think of a threat, and i think they both look cool shiny

and since were talking about breloom, which set seems more reliable with technician loom? adamant, lifeorb, max att, max speed

mach punch / spore / swords dance / wake up slap
mach punch / spore / swords dance / bullet seed
mach punch / spore / swords dance / force palm
mach punch / spore / swords dance / low sweep
mach punch / spore / swords dance / cut (lol)
mach punch / spore / swords dance / rock tomb

on more thing, should i go with an adamant or brave nature with a rock polish ttar? i dont really like the sp. att. drop but im not sure if im losing any important KO's either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)