How wrong is it to not date/marry someone because of their race/color?

Status
Not open for further replies.

User 43539

Banned deucer.
So there's some guy/girl who tries to flirt with you and asks you out.
You take one look at their skin color and because they are a certain color you decide not to date them and/or marry them.

How wrong is it?
Is there a certain race/color who you would not date(please don't flame anyone for being honest)
Do you feel that someone said no to you because of your race/color?

Racial features can factor into whether you are attracted or not, but it would be kind of silly to reject someone *solely* on race. Then again, certain cultures don't like interracial marriage that much...

This is a very controversial topic, I can see this thread having problems......

You are immediately judging the person on their appearance, not on who they are, or their set of moral values.

If you don't like a race because of something their race has done, than you need to identify if that person was involved or supportive of this action that you disapprove.

IF you don't like a person because of they who they are, (ex. You think they are rude and ignorant) and that person happens to be a race you don't like, than it's ok, I guess.

But no, that is not right.

If you already feel a mental infatuation towards another person, that's fine too.

If you really feel strongly about your dislike of a race, and YOU HAVE GOOD AND MORALLY CORRECT REASONS, than....maybe. This is a rough topic.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
not terrible in my opinion, if you are judging on physical attractiveness
some people dont date fat chicks just like some people dont date black chicks

if it goes beyond physical preference then yeah thats a different story

Stratos

Banned deucer.
^ agree with Nasty Jungle, i would most likely not date anybody not white not because i'm racist or anything but because i'm white and i'm attracted to whites.

i'm fairly happy that everyone isn't jumping all over themselves trying to demonstrate how politically correct they are. people are generally attracted to one specific race or color -- to turn physical attraction into a race issue is missing the point

"judgement" isn't really the right term at all in this situation. as you're not trying to determine whether the person is "relationship worthy" in general or not. just whether you personally find them desirable. someone could easily be a model human being in your eyes and you wouldn't find them attractive -- although yeah as has been said if it goes beyond simple attraction that might be more of an issue

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I've met people of every race who I've found attractive. So I can't really sympathize with someone who says, "I just don't find indians attractive". Sure, there can be general themes in the facial structure of certain races, but by and large I think there's just too much variance to make blanket statements.

I will admit, I don't find a few races terribly attractive, but there are always exceptions to those rules. It's definitely not terrible to judge someone in concern to dating based on looks; your brain is attracted to what its attracted to. It's why gays are gay, straights are straight and bisexuals are confused college kids.

I don't usually find black women attractive because they tend to be really loud and obnoxious. Occasionally there are exceptions, however. White girls also tend to be extremely preoccupied with their weight and are always worried about their looks at every moment. Occasionally there are exceptions, however.

I like to date those said exceptions more than the said problem women.

I find all Asians look and act uniformly inoffensively so I have no real problem with them.

Latinas can be pretty hot imo.

edit: Bisexuals are confused college kids? What?

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I don't usually find black women attractive because they tend to be really loud and obnoxious. Occasionally there are exceptions, however. White girls also tend to be extremely preoccupied with their weight and are always worried about their looks at every moment. Occasionally there are exceptions, however.
what the fuck man

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
i'd never turn down a girl based on color unless she was fucking green or something

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not marrying/dating someone is different from depriving them of rights, or seeing them as a lesser person. Who you choose to date, and even more-so to marry is a very personal decision, and no one has the right to judge you on it ethically in my opinion. There are thousands of fish in the sea, but there is only one person you'll choose as your mate. Alternatively, I'd say I'd hire or befriend anyone equally-- living in Japan, my best friend here is an African American, and my best friend from highschool is white. but talking marriage is talking about becoming family; becoming blood. It's a completely different thing...

In the case of marriage especially, cultural backgrounds and cultural heritages, as well as religious ones play BIG roles in two people's compatibility-- and even bigger roles in their ability to make a good household together. Especially for people who feel strongly about their cultural or religious associated beliefs, choosing a person with starkly different or opposing beliefs is probably not a good idea.

For myself, I've dated a lot of different women from a lot of different backgrounds, but at the end of the day, I'm very doubtful I'd be able to marry someone who wasn't asian, and probably unlikely to marry someone who wasn't Chinese or Japanese (I'm half-half). My current girlfriend strongly feels the same way.

It's funny, as I'm amongst the 4th generation born in America (my GREAT GRAND PARENTS were from Japan/China)-- and yet despite that long immersion into the US, while my mother was amongst 4 siblings, all my cousins are pure Japanese (ie. their parents all married Japanese-Japanese), and even my mother married Chinese, still east-asian. Amongst my 8 cousins, the majority of past boyfriends/girlfriends have been Japanese (or at least asian), and judging by how things are going now...

My oldest cousin married a Japanese national, and his younger sister recently got engaged to another Japanese American. My younger cousins'/sibling's current/recent boyfriends and girlfriends (and my current girlfriend)-- all Japanese or American Japanese.

While I think of my family as being very Americanized, open minded and modern, it seems preference in choosing a mate runs very deep on a different field of thinking from philosophy or logic.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. All's fair in love and war.

edit: Also I DEFINITELY know that I've been shot down numerous times picking up white girls for being an asian guy. If you are an asian guy living on the mainland US... sucks to be you bro. Racist bitches (lol@ hypocrisy)

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)

edit: but seriously,

I think the vagueness of the OP blurred the line between whether or not he was asking about people being racist and deciding to automatically dislike the opposite gender for having a different skin color, or that people are merely just not sexually attracted to someone for the same reason! also agreeing with chou's angle in that deciding whether or not you date/marry someone is not as trivial a matter as the color of their skin.

mixed babies have the prettiest skin, though

I've met people of every race who I've found attractive. So I can't really sympathize with someone who says, "I just don't find indians attractive". Sure, there can be general themes in the facial structure of certain races, but by and large I think there's just too much variance to make blanket statements.
Took the words right out of my mouth there, VKCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)