Returning to Our Roots NOC Mafia - GAME OVER: The Mafia Wins

Well, fuck. Inspector death N1 in NOC, not fun. At least we drew first blood; hopefully we can keep it going.

Orcinus (EDIT: and AG, fuck ninjas) definitely has the right idea in going after TalkingLion; that random vote on NJig near deadline as a mafia was being lynched just screamed of a mafia trying to save a teammate. However, I'd like to bring Maxim back to the forefront here as well. When he was called out last time he posted nothing but a few sentences with little substance behind them and jumped on the most suspicious target at the time, then jumped on Mithril as soon as someone called for pressure on him. I'd like to see more out of him, maybe I'm expecting too much but for whatever reason it seemed a bit scummy to me. Lynch Maxim until he gives us some more thoughts on more players or someone convinces me I'm going after the wrong person.

Hm, this phase ended quick. Nice work lynching kok while I was away.

Question time:

Do you think it's reasonable to assume the people that pushed kok to majority are town, or do you think that some of the early votes were busing a relatively weak role (mafia announcer) to appear townish?

All right, I'm gonna start by saying that both NJiggly and kok both seemed like mafia to me, however I felt that NJ was slightly more suspicious than kok as NJ had said that he was trying to sound as least mafia-like as possible. That just seems really fishy to me, more fishy than just trolling around. I am not mafia, but unfortunately there is no real evidence I have that can prove that. I also want NJ to explain why they haven't made many posts here and why they don't want to sound scummy. Until they do this, Lynch NightmareJigglypuff.

To Paperblade:

1) It was not majority; it was the greatest minority.
2) Allthough it is possible that some mafia members decided to make a sacrificial goat of KoK, there probably wasn't more than one, since otherwise they could have overturned the lynch.
~~~~~~~~~~~
To TalkingLion:

Talk more. Justify more.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
TL, when making your vote, you saw the decision to go after Kok, correct?

Also, Walrein needs to extend day. 72 hours is way too short for NOC.

EDIT: Let's all talk about the Kok lynch. Express opinions, especially relating to possibility of bus.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First off, NOOOOOO ZORBEES! My fellow Baltimoron :(

I can't say about the kok lynch as I was not on during the time due to my recital hearing (which I passed! and things are looking better with my family which means I won't have to sub out), but I think that we should look over zorbees' posts. He obviously checked someone N0 and since he didn't come out and tell us, I guess it was villy.

Hey guys sorry I'm pretty busy tonight and will only be on for a short while but I'll be talking more tomorrow.

I would argue Orcinus is town due to him pushing for the mafia lynch. If he was mafia he could have found justifiable evidence to start pushing for a townie rather than what would have been one of his own. Counterarguments are welcome.

Can't believe we lost our goddamn detective.

Also, since there were 2 announcements Day 1 (yelling boy and the whisper), I think we can safely assume the yelling boy is actually a town announcer?

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
o carp forgot the announcement

Suddenly, amidst the discussion, a boy jumps up onto a rock and starts yelling.
Yelling Boy said:
Now that the imposter announcer has been outed the real news will reign supreme. Good shit village, keep it going.
You all decide to ignore how bad Walrein is with remembering announcements and continue with the lynch discussions.

Just had a quick read through zorbee's posts and couldn't find anything concrete to suggest that he knew the alliance of a villager. The only thing I found interesting was:

zorbees said:
Unvote
Vote TalkingLion
stop bashing on NWO
Though this could suggest that he didn't check NWO, just found his claim convincing due to lack of a counter claim:

zorbees said:
I voted Aura_Guardian because I want to change the topic. This NWO business is nonsense. How about, instead of lynching someone normally, who the majority thinks is scum, we have NWO and this scummy individual do a vote-off? This seems to make the most sense to me.
EDIT: So it seems that theres two announcers, a mafia and a village/neutral (probably the former, doubt the mafia had two)

TalkingLion said:
Agreeing with Spiffy that I am noob town and NJiggly also seems guilty to me. Give Jigglypuff a lynching Nightmare.(Lynch Nightmare Jigglypuff)
(unbolded lynchvote)

The thing is, you gave little reasoning behind your decision rather than "NJiggly seems guilty to me". I would also like to note that this was the first time you personally had brought up your Njiggly and your suspicion of Njiggly's alignment. If you thought Njiggly was more suspicious why didn't you try to elaborate on this more to help the town see your perspective? I want to hear TL talk more.

Yelling Boy is Village/neutral, leaning vastly towards village. I couldn't find anything very profitable from zorbees posts about others alinement either.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Can announcer please claim any secondary night abilities in his next announcement, thanks
I've already been through Zorbees quotes, nothing to be found.

IMHO, TL is pretty much confirm scum. I think I had him down somewhere before for his continuation on NWO, and then there was that njiggs vote. Both of these could be explained by a severe lack of attention to the thread, but I doubt.

Towards the end of the last Day Spiffy lynched me, I'm assuming because he wants me to talk more, so here's my thoughts on a few players...

TalkingLion: On the one hand, I do agree with him that NJiggly is extremely suspicious, but he lynched him without explaining why, and he could have made up his recent explanation during the Night phase. However, TL and NJiggly cannot both be Mafia, because if TL was trying to save his teammate kingofkongs, he would have tried to get a villager lynched, not another Mafia. This makes me unsure that TalkingLion is Mafia, because...

Nightmare Jigglypuff: is also very suspicious. The reasons have already been pointed out; his most recent post was mostly focused on getting the lynch off of him, even though he wasn't really in danger of being lynched, since Metal Bagon was generally considered the scummiest at the time, plus he was extremely worried about appearing to be Mafia.

Metal Bagon: Same as NJiggly in that I consider him very suspicious for reasons already mentioned by everyone else.

Spiffy/Ditto: Both are making very logical posts, and lynching quiet people (Like me) to help the village decide who to lynch, both are probably village IMO.

New World Order: Probably village, although I think it's worth mentioning that in the last NOC game, HSA claimed Inspector Day 3 and the real Inspector didn't counterclaim until Day 5, so just because no one has counterclaimed yet, doesn't mean NWO is 100% clean.

pokemaniac 212: Has not done anything all game except agree with what other people have already said.

Maxim: Has not done anything all game except agree with what other people have already said, and hasn't posted much.

zorbees: zorbees was strangely critical against Aura Guardian as shown here, not sure if he Inspected Aura and got a Mafia result or was just being very skeptical of Aura, which he said he was skeptical of everything. I'm curious what other people think about this.

kingofkongs lynch: There were 5 people who voted to lynch him; Orcinus Duo, Spiffy, Empoof, Aura Guardian, and Mithril. Orcinus Duo instigated the lynch, and both he and Spiffy tried to convince others to lynch kongs. Empoof and Aura were both highly considering lynching NJiggly, and they could have voted NJiggly to save kongs, but they didn't. Mithril on the other hand, posted his vote 3 minutes before deadline, when kongs was obviously going to be lynched no matter who he voted for. If any Mafia member lynched kongs to make themselves look village, it was almost certainly Mithril, although that doesn't prove one way or another if Mithril is Mafia.

As mentioned before I think pokemaniac 212 and Maxim should talk more, Maxim already has a vote so Vote: pokemaniac 212 until he shares his thoughts.

I'm about to go to bed so I don't have time to type a big thing, but it's worth noting that waiting to counterclaim an inspect is different from waiting to counterclaim something like a maryor. Recall that the reason that waiting paid off was that dle got himself cleared.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Njiggs is new to noc, so saying something dumb is something I can live with. But even with TLs confession of being relatively inexperienced, his actions were very pro scum. He tried to go after our mayor, and then he tried changing the lynch very close to deadline on what we know now as a scum. So those are basically my reads. Nightmare jigglypuff is noob town, TL is noob scum.

Edit oh yeah I forgot. AG, explain your eagerness to bandwagon on anything on the close of d1. Was that a Freudian slip, or were you seriously game for wagoning anything the other villagers decided? Also, why so eager to avoid talk about yourself?

Edit oh yeah I forgot. AG, explain your eagerness to bandwagon on anything on the close of d1. Was that a Freudian slip, or were you seriously game for wagoning anything the other villagers decided? Also, why so eager to avoid talk about yourself?
I felt that all those I underlined in that list had realistic chances of being mafia and realistic chances of being lynched given the number of people on. So, within that list, I was seriously game for lynching anyone. The odds were far better in my mind than for not lynching at all.

As for the last one, I prefer that we talk about the likely mafia members, though for some reason - maybe a lot of arguing - I've been unable to participate much in actually finding them.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Duo's start posting or request sub list:
Mithril
Maxim
pokémaniac 212
New World Order
Engineer Pikachu

EDIT: list of reads seem to be popular now (umad, AG?)

If anyone else seeks to defend TL, please step out and voice your arguments. BTW, I am not making a case against TL because he didn't lynch scum. That happens more often than not. I am suspecting him of being scum because of his suspicious gameplay and the fact that his actions were mostly pro-scum. Why am I saying this? Because I really don't want to give off the impression that if you defend TL and TL flips scum, you're automatically scum by default. I'm not that good at mafia, but I'm not that bad either.

EDIT2: mithril I've seen you lurking so much on this thread. Do you honestly have nothing to say at all?

Orcinus, that is me on my phone trying to keep up with the thread while busy. I would rather if I post actual thoughts from my computer, which is having an issue currently, which if I can't figure out quickly I will sub out.

EDIT: Alright, looks like my internet had just decided to stop working for the day, and its back now. But seeing as its 6 AM and I have yet to sleep, I think you'll have to accept me posting my thoughts after I get a couple hours of sleep.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
IIoA = Information Instead of Analysis

It's where players speculate about the setup more than they ask for players' reasoning and/or accuse other players of being scum

ok, gotcha mithril.

Speaking of which, I was rereading this thread. EP is so IIoA i'm amazed I didn't see it before.

Lynch Engineer Pikachu
nEsp has been doing the exact same thing. I still by my belief that TalkingLion is noob town, although he is really digging himself a hole for no reason. TalkingLion all you have to do it give a real reason why you think Nightmare Jigglypuff is mafia...
I don't know why Nightmare Jigglypuff is acting this way. I don't recall him ever acting this clueless before. I'd say Nightmare Jigglypuff is more scummy than TalkingLion. I believe this is TalkingLion's first game and he has no idea how it works. Nightmare Jigglypuff is much more experienced and his lack of posting actual content is baffling me.

New World Order, you are our only claim, and is hasn't been counterclaimed. If you truly were village you would be promoting discussion. You're the most trustworthy opinion as of right now and I request that you express it.

Vote nEsp for IIoA. (Did I use that correctly?)

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think the fact that TL wanted to deflect the lynch on kok is pretty good indication that he is mafia. His current justification for lynching Nightmare Jigglypuf is "he seemed fishy". Which I don't find a sufficient argument. Until he can prove otherwise

Lynch TalkingLion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)