List of Released Dream World Pokemon Mark II

The way I see it there are two possibilities:

1. They went through the votes and threw out the ones where there were 10,000 for (pokemon) from a single IP to prevent the vote spammers/scripters from having their way.
or
B. The poll was rigged for a legendary to win from the start.

Once they reveal the runners up we can tell which one it is, if Mudkip is in the top three then we know the scripts worked, if it isn't then we know whoever is in charge of the poll actually fixed the problem of vote spamming.
There is a third, albeit much less likely possibility: that a lone wolf or a small group who did not vocalize their fiendish plot figured out a script to spam arceus early on and singlehandedly highjacked the pole.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^The people who have the sort of brains to pull that one off usually have the brains to realise that releasing Arceus would have as much of an impact on the game as releasing the Leppa Berry.

Which would've made sense if they didn't like competitive Pokémon, but then again, they could just have spammed Magikarp or something.

Or some newbie asked a friend/relative who isn't into Pokémon to help making such a script from the beginning on.

Nah, my vote is that Game Freak saw the sudden spikes in Ditto and Mudkip voting and decided to deliberatly not let them win, seeing as somebody were obviously cheating, and then putting the third highest one on top.

jrp

Banned deucer.
This was rigged. Called it from the start. Thank's for letting us "vote" for the pokemon we wanted I guess

still its far too fishy when Arceus has been leading the poll from the start, I mean, if Mudkip could jump from idkwhere to no.2, surely it could've jumped to no.1, no? the only way this wouldn't happen is if Arceus is leading by a massive vote margin, to the point that even vote-spamming couldn't work...

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
This hasn't been posted here yet (though people may be already aware of this), but the top 10 were:

1. Arceus
2. Mudkip
3. Ditto
4. Mew
5. Magikarp
6. Deoxys
7. Darkrai
8. Celebi
9. Pikachu
10. Rayquaza

So the only thing that changed since the last list was Magikarp and Deoxys changed places, and Rayquaza and Pikachu switched places.

Oh and Mudkip DID beat Ditto in the end. I was hoping Ditto might regain its spot, but it didn't.

Hm, its still funny. Does anyone have the results from the first list of results (those that were all the way back in like mid-November)? Cuz iirc Mudkip was like somewhere in the 20s.

About a month ago, we received information about a Dream World Blissey being released soon. Beyond what could have very well have been a hack on Pokecheck, I haven't found much on it. Has anyone else been able to gather information about it? If so, it should probably be added to the list of released abilities.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Who would even dream of a Mammoth coming out of a small bush?

...Oh that's right. The freak behind Game Freak...

I love how people are complaining that Arceus supposedly won unfairly, yet Ditto would have had no shot at all without cheating.

I can't believe mudkip was #2. Looks like the internet meme "i herd u liek mudkipz" is back.
But arceus was #1. Just goes to show not all pokemon fans are smogoners. Or know the best thing for the metagame.
It's quite obvious 4chan found out about the poll and spammed Mudkips for lols...

Here are the Australian results by the way,

EDIT: I linked the image but the link no longer works, the winner was Arceus, second Ditto, third Mew, I cannot remember the full list but Mudkip was on it

About a month ago, we received information about a Dream World Blissey being released soon. Beyond what could have very well have been a hack on Pokecheck, I haven't found much on it. Has anyone else been able to gather information about it? If so, it should probably be added to the list of released abilities.
Quoting because I want to know the same thing.

Screen shot, anyone?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Blissey Lv.10 Female
Ability: Healer
Moves: Pound, Growl, Tail Whip, Refresh

...according to the website

I love how people are complaining that Arceus supposedly won unfairly, yet Ditto would have had no shot at all without cheating.
Not really. Ditto was already in second at the first week, when the discussion was if we should support Ditto, Lugia, Ho-oh or Shroomish/Breloom. All the cheating and spamming frenzy started after Arceus showed up in 1st and Ditto in 2nd. So, Ditto had a real chance even without the supposed cheating.
Ditto was kind of unique for the poll, without few pokémons taking votes away from it (considering a Ditto x Arceus duel). Arceus, on the other hand, is surely a very rare pokémon, but so are Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin and Manaphy and they certainly "stole" fair votes from Arceus. And I would add Mewtwo and Rayquaza to the list of "Arceus stolen votes", as they are very popular among kids (Charizard is too, but he is not legendary). If the supposed cheating worked, it only proves that Arceus would win anyway.
The only thing left to do now is welcome Arceus. He is not a special one, but it's still an Arceus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)