Smogon University PO Statistics — December 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Glad to see the statistics and I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but it's suprising to believe Landorus is not in the top ten, considering it is one of the most reliable checks to many threats and works well in sandstorm.

And that brings me to how Tyranitar is now fourth, behind Rotom-W. People also claim Dragonite's biggest weaknesses are the fact it takes 25% from Stealth Rock and its Multi Scale ability is not as functional under Sand Stream, yet he towers above everyone but Scizor in usage.

Let's get it, Outrage Mence!

Volt Turn is dominating the metagame as always. This sickens me. Tyranitar / Scizor / Rotom-W / Landorus / Filler / Filler is the layout of most of the teams I run into while laddering. Tell me how much skill it takes to copy a volt turn team and use .
This, so much this. Fuck voltturn... Seriously. When ttar, Scizor, landorus, rotom-w are getting 40% plus usage in 1337 stats something is seriously wrong. It makes laddering pathetic, for the first time ever I sympathise with the people saying the BW OU metagame sucks.

| 1 | Tyranitar | 7469 | 45.523% | 6857 | 48.250% |
| 2 | Scizor | 6705 | 40.867% | 5803 | 40.834% |
| 3 | Rotom-W | 6603 | 40.245% | 6133 | 43.156% |
| 4 | Landorus | 5202 | 31.706% | 4593 | 32.319% |
| 5 | Terrakion | 4802 | 29.268% | 3824 | 26.908% |
| 6 | Dragonite | 4049 | 24.678% | 3294 | 23.179% |

ANNNNDDDDDDDD This is why we have an absolutely shitty metagame. People actually run this as their team.

Finally...swampert is uu....and why do people use donphan so much??
He's a reliable spinner and physical wall, he's basically an improved version of Sandslash. To be honest, as solid as he is, there are so many better spinners in OU like Forretress and Tentacruel, I can't see Donphan surviving very well up there.

Well, Alakazam in OU is something but it's not like I really cared much about that guy anyway. Dugtrio is a little bit of a surprise because I don't really see that fellow much in OU but I guess it works against Tyranitar, Ninetales and some common Pokes. Donphan, meh, I guess that thing being in OU makes a little bit of sense even though for me, I don't really see him much around.

As for UU, I'm glad Bronzong and Swampert went down and now that I get to use 'em. Thank god that Chansey went up because that thing is a complete pain in the neck to take it out or take it on. Though I really never get why Metagross still remains OU and not dropped down to UU. Oh well, I guess now I can have a little bit more fun in UU again.

RU... I'm never ever going to play that tier, that's for sure. Whimsicott going down is really not something I expect, nor would want to see it in that tier. Cresselia is okay, I guess but still better in UU or higher than RU. Also, thank god Krookodile went up because that thing is a pain. Like, HOLT SHIT.

NU... Also never going to play that tier. But, Swellow in NU is going to be sweet. That is all.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why is Cresselia back in RU when it used to be BL2? Shouldn't it be banned to BL2 immediately?
Also, thank god for Qwilfish staying RU, gonna use that a little more. Also, Aerodactyl is gonna be one cool mon.
The thing is Cresselia never actually got banned :/ The council had decided and she had a unanimous ban decision but she hadn't been officially banned when the tiering shifts occurred I believe the same day. To be honest many of use were expecting this to happen in time, but the general feeling is that Cress is not long for this tier.

| 1 | Tyranitar | 7469 | 45.523% | 6857 | 48.250% |
| 2 | Scizor | 6705 | 40.867% | 5803 | 40.834% |
| 3 | Rotom-W | 6603 | 40.245% | 6133 | 43.156% |
| 4 | Landorus | 5202 | 31.706% | 4593 | 32.319% |
| 5 | Terrakion | 4802 | 29.268% | 3824 | 26.908% |
| 6 | Dragonite | 4049 | 24.678% | 3294 | 23.179% |

ANNNNDDDDDDDD This is why we have an absolutely shitty metagame. People actually run this as their team.
Just make a team that counters it and you will change the meta...

My thoughts
OU: The same as ever (Duh, not like Pokemon go up to Ubers by usage otherwise Scizor would be there lol) I love OU <3
UU: It sucks that we lost Donphan, thank god we got rid of Chansey, I can't wait to spam CB Swampert! :]
RU: Got screwed up the ass big time, not like I played it much before, but now that Cress is back and Whimsicott is there I definatly will not be playing it unless they go BL2 (but Golurk is back yay)
NU: Klingklang is gone :[ really sucks because I was in an NU tourney and I was using a team from a RMT that was based around Klingklang, (but Swellow was there, and now it's ready to wreck shop)

If people in OU are complaining about Volt-Turn, theres always Breloom and Virizion to use. They fair pretty well against the Volt-Turn Scrotum core.

I don't know why the hell Donphan is OU, it's not gonna stay up there long and now we'll probably see more use in Claydol and Sandslash in UU and what the living fuck is Bronzong doing in UU???? Ru, never playing that anymore, NU swellow will kill!!!! All hail Regirock, Gigalith and Golem also, i know noobish question but i don'tplay as much as i used to, but what is volt turn? is it like volt switch and U-turn on the same team? is that why jolteon moved up?

He's a reliable spinner and physical wall, he's basically an improved version of Sandslash. To be honest, as solid as he is, there are so many better spinners in OU like Forretress and Tentacruel, I can't see Donphan surviving very well up there.
Donphan is really the only spinner other than Claydol (who suffers from many crippling flaws, much more so than Donphan) that has any synergy with sun teams. He provides a great rock resistance, huge physical bulk, the ability to set up rocks and of course rapid spin, all tools that a sun team desperately need. Tentacruel and Starmie don't appreciate the sun ruining their primary STABs, and Forretress doesn't enjoy being even weaker to fire than he already is.

i know noobish question but i don'tplay as much as i used to, but what is volt turn? is it like volt switch and U-turn on the same team? is that why jolteon moved up?
Yes, that's exactly what it is. Generally the main two users are Rotom-W and Scizor, though Landorus is also often used. I'm not sure this is why Jolteon's usage increased enough that it moved up to OU, but it very well could be.

Drapion and Spiritomb for BFFs of RU. With all this hype behind Cress and Sigilyph, who will undeniably make a splash, I can easily see Drapion and Spiritomb being used for some really anti-meta shenanigans.

ah finally, Whimsicott is in a tier where it belongs. It's pretty much useless, except stun sporing sweepers and doing the useless SubSeed combo. With Bouffalant and Sawsbuck being pretty common and Lilligant being a popular choice, I doubt Whimsicott will live long in this tier.

Donphan is really the only spinner other than Claydol (who suffers from many crippling flaws, much more so than Donphan) that has any synergy with sun teams. He provides a great rock resistance, huge physical bulk, the ability to set up rocks and of course rapid spin, all tools that a sun team desperately need. Tentacruel and Starmie don't appreciate the sun ruining their primary STABs, and Forretress doesn't enjoy being even weaker to fire than he already is.
But realistically, Forry isn't living a Fire attack 99% of the time anyways. If anything, I'd think he'd appreciate the loss in power from Surfs and Hydro Pumps hitting his weak Special Defense. I understand for Starmie and Tentacruel though.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ah finally, Whimsicott is in a tier where it belongs. It's pretty much useless, except stun sporing sweepers and doing the useless SubSeed combo. With Bouffalant and Sawsbuck being pretty common and Lilligant being a popular choice, I doubt Whimsicott will live long in this tier.
You need to see what my Whimsicott is able to do.

The biggest surprise for me was Sigilyph going to RU. This guy is a hugely underrated threat, a large number of OU teams are unable to take him out

Look at ou it has mamoswine now cant wait to try it also looks very stable for now with trio up it can do very well with t-tar and terrakion which i think is very good with heatran as its partner it can wreck shit also jolteon moving up was very weird i have never seen it this month at all in ou

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Look at ou it has mamoswine now cant wait to try it also looks very stable for now with trio up it can do very well with t-tar and terrakion which i think is very good with heatran as its partner it can wreck shit also jolteon moving up was very weird i have never seen it this month at all in ou
You don't need for a pokémon to be in OU to try it out.

But realistically, Forry isn't living a Fire attack 99% of the time anyways. If anything, I'd think he'd appreciate the loss in power from Surfs and Hydro Pumps hitting his weak Special Defense. I understand for Starmie and Tentacruel though.
Tentacruel seems like an unconventional choice for a sun team but most of the time you only use his water stab fishing for burns anyway. He has a couple of poison stabs that are useful (Sludge bomb has a 30% poison with 90 BP) and Acid Spray is very useful. He also has superb defensive typing. He can wall most Volcarona sets who can use your sun against you as well as completely shutting down Scizor. It's another ground weak though which sun teams don't entirely appreciate.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
If people in OU are complaining about Volt-Turn, theres always Breloom and Virizion to use. They fair pretty well against the Volt-Turn Scrotum core.
This. Just, this.

Either way, it's still completely disgusting that people can just slap together a team of Tyranitar + Scizor + Rotom-W + Landorus + Terrakion + Dragonite and win games with ease. BW OU is more ass than GSC right now.

Anyway, I believe the only reason Scizor usage is ridiculously high is thanks to the omnipresence of Terrakion in the metagame, since Scizor is the only Pokemon that can check Terrakion with ease and Terrakion has no true counters.

That's true about Forry not surviving most fire hits anyway, and he does have sturdy so the boost in fire attacks doesn't matter that much. Still, Forry isn't always ideal, as he's a pretty poor stop to Terrakion (HUGE threat to sun teams) and his complete lack of offensive presence prevents him from always rapid spinning reliably. A big point in Donphan's favor is that he scares most Tyranitar away while Forry just eats a fire blast and dies.

And Tentacruel without rain just feels really gimped, he loves his rain dish. Also, how does he stop Volcarona? He can't do anything back except for maybe a poison with sludge bomb (better hope it's not chesto/morning sun Volc) and Acid Spray is just too weak to do enough damage while Volc boosts to +6 and kills you with Fiery Dances. Volcarona loves to set up against bulky waters in the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)