VGC '12 United Kingdom National - Birmingham - March 3 - WON BY KobraTail

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a few pictures, if anyone is interested then.

Obligatory with Pikachu

With Ruben after our battle

Just before the first battles

Front of registration

The final...

So was this Regional using the Swiss format with no Top Cut, or where the using the previous method? Because with people getting out Round 1 and 4, it seems like the latter.

1st round loss -_-

tis quite harsh was expecting too do at least a tad better =(
sad thing is I beat one of the people in the finalists lounge 4-0 -_- and made his team I might add

congratz too Kobratail winnin seniors and some other congratz too pokeguru morgan hollindale plusle and everyone who did well in seniors!

Watching Ruben play off against a Gary oak cosplayer with a gary oak based team (scizor/ TTar/ Ninetales/ exeggutor/ Machamp/ nidoking- which i later learned wasn't RNG'd) in the finals was one of the insane experiences ever.
Also, the overwhelming support for Gary over Ruben was pretty apparent. Because the entire room was just sat in awe and sheer excitement that this insane team had made it to the finals.

InsanityVoid, im soooo sorry for knocking you out round one and i feel like a total dick because of the hax involved :L

I thought Gary did really well. I loved the team and he looked great as Gary too. He was with a group of friends dressed up too. I thought they all looked great. Cynthia and Burgh were my favourites.

I think they should make those tellys higher. It's really annoying. Unless everyone sits on the floor it's hard to see and people are balancing on chairs or shoulders or whatever else they could find.

I had a good day. It was an early start but fun. Got further than last year but not as far as the year before. I ran out of time on one battle. We had almost the same team and it took a while to end. Luckily I had one pokemon more than him so won :)

Well done to the folk that made the finals. I'd love to see a Brit win it next year. Gary got more applause in the end anyway I noticed :)

Also that shiny Larvitar is a bit naff apart from being pretty colours!

I was SRing for something good and it's mostly decent potential with a couple of above averages every so often.

I love that announcer woman. She's really funny. For most of the morning she was pronouncing Tepig like Teapig. I reckon she's on those posh tea bags! Someone must have corrected her at lunch time as she started doing it properly then!

Im posting this again as i got a couple things wrong. I battled InsanityVoid for Round 1 and won,then Battled a Random, then battled ChicoMono. Then I battled some guy who said he was from Serebii, got into Finalists Lounge, they took our games, walked around a bit, Battled PokeGuru01 and won, then got beat by some italian guy called Maksim Cannavo (?) I cant really read the names on my battle card thing, because the people have such crap handwriting. Was a good event, nice atmosphere, butwhen you were battling they were playing "The Eye of The Tiger" and "The Final Coundtown" as load as hell through the speakers in the battle area, i could barely hear myself think.

EDIT: Also , the registration system they used sucked ass, i had to queue up for 2 hours straight. Why dont they just give you wristband with a queue number on it or something when your arrive, and then you can explore the place and try some of the stuff.

This Gary Oak guy... I have to play him with my Ash team.
As shown in the last episode of the Battle Frontier, Gary would lose in a battle against Ash, for he is focusing on becoming the World's Greatest Pokemon Breeder. He only battles when needed and would therefore lose in a pokemon battle. Also, Ash defeated Gary fair and square in a the Indigo League.

Congrats KobraTail, I'm impressed to see a Junior transition into the Seniors division so well. Well done.

This is somewhat unrelated but I'll be contacting all the people who qualified for Worlds today for an interview so stay tuned for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)