VGC '12 United Kingdom National - Birmingham - March 3 - WON BY KobraTail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got back a phew hours ago; round 1 loss. 52-66456-84337

Quite a frustrating game, seeing as soon as I saw his leads, I knew it was over.

I should have picked Tornados as a lead, despite it only doing negligible damage to 3 of his pokemon (metagross, excadrill and tyranitar) the fact that I would be able to get up tailwind or kill of his latios would be enough to win me the game. I think that tornados/garchomp would be the correct lead.
His other pokemon was metagross and something else I've forgotten.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Congratulations KobraTail!

Also yes Congratulations on the invites Picollo and Plusle. Hope to see everyone at Worlds :)

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Doesn't seem like anyone's posted it yet, but Showsni was the player who finished 3rd in Masters. Congratulations to him.

Watching Ruben play off against a Gary oak cosplayer with a gary oak based team (scizor/ TTar/ Ninetales/ exeggutor/ Machamp/ nidoking- which i later learned wasn't RNG'd) in the finals was one of the insane experiences ever.
Also, the overwhelming support for Gary over Ruben was pretty apparent. Because the entire room was just sat in awe and sheer excitement that this insane team had made it to the finals.
Not to mention, he was bringing pride to the name of Gary motherfucking Oak. Out of all of the characters/cosplayers with teams to make it that far, it had to be Gary.

I love that announcer woman. She's really funny. For most of the morning she was pronouncing Tepig like Teapig. I reckon she's on those posh tea bags! Someone must have corrected her at lunch time as she started doing it properly then!
Since the first time she announced that name in the queue, I vowed to draw.

peng

policy goblin
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just got home. Despite the fact that pretty much everyone I know got haxed out in r1-4 or got bs coinflip haxed in top 24, this was really fun. Congrats to Ruben, Picollo and Showsni!

I managed to record a few battles before my camera ran out of battery. The ones i got were Dozz's r2 battle, GEC's r4 battle where he nearly loses to a team of Audino / Magmortar / Dragonite / Crawdaunt and the first half of Kinneas' r3. Hopefully I'll get them uploaded tonight or tomorrow and then I'll post the links here for anyone interested.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It has been confirmed (by Twash and me) that we came joint 9th place. Good job everyone, stay sexy.

Absolutely fantastic day today. It was great to see the Gary Oak in the finals, and even better to see someone reach the finals who wasn't elitist/arrogant about winning - he seemed genuinely amazed to be there, and so happy with the support from the crowd! Absolutely loved the team too - really wish I'd been able to get Sheer Force Nidoking for my team. ;(
As far as my team goes, haha, lost to a 50/50 in the form of Garchomp's Outrage hitting my Chomp and not the expendable Cressy. Still, lost to a friend of mine from last year, and met loads of awesome people this year, so I'm not really bothered. All in all, out of 3 VGCs for me, this was easily the best yet. <3

Since the first time she announced that name in the queue, I vowed to draw.

[/QUOTE]

Oh I love that! Good pic. Do you do lots of drawing?

Is it sad that I am starting to look forward to seeing that woman? :) she's had a hair cut i noticed. It's shorter this year.

I want them to give away something next year that's really hard to say just to hear her repeat it all day!

Doesn't seem like anyone's posted it yet, but Showsni was the player who finished 3rd in Masters. Congratulations to him.
Yay, some recognition!

Great day out, and I'm pretty happy (understatement) to have got third place. At one point it even felt like I was beating Ruben... But then he outpredicted me beautifully twice and got a well deserved win. I saved my semis match against him, so I can see if I can upload it (though knowing my computer that could take a week or two). I'll probably write up a warstory in a bit...

The only annoying thing was missing most of the finals match because they were collecting data from us.

I guess I have to think about a team for Worlds now...

Well I'm back home now...

I came up against Ruben in the second round and lost (I was the one in the purple Gengar shirt and leafy trousers). It was a pretty close match though - the full time actually ran out, so the score was 2-1 to him. If it hadn't ran out and I got a Rock Slide flinch then maybe I could have won... but he did out-predict me at the end.

Me & Ruben

After it finished I played some random people in the union room and came across a name I recognised from here... Zog maybe? Had a good battle against him, I won with my Terrakion left on 1HP...

Overall, a cool day. I took a few pictures of random things if people want to see.
Ah, so you're the gengar guy, I was the person with the big bags talking to you from the start of the line.

And that Garchomp...oh boy...

So close...

I got to round 4 and got put against pokerob and found out he lives 5 miles from me in the welsh countryside, it went down to my Kingdra and Politoed vs Hitmontop 1/4 health and Ludicolo and he crit my poli with close combat:( might of won without the hax, 1st timer too. Nvm he was very good, but I was still gutted. My support went to Gary Oak, British National VGC should be for Brits, It's broken if people don't play at home... Ruben is a great player but should be playing Spanish VGC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)