VGC 2012 Updates: April 15th North American Regionals - Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I went 4-2 in the Toronto regionals. Lost my potential third/fourth place medal in the final round to a guy named Johnny Tang in the HAXXIEST MATCH OF MY LIFE.
I will post a battle video, without a doubt.

Don't know how Layel, Texas, and the others did :)
But I did get to meet a bunch of you guys, and it was nice meeting you all!

Houston Regionals were awesome. In the seniors me and LPFan both were undefeated until the last round where he beat me and got second place. I got fourth and now we're both going to nationals! The last round was very interesting, me and him both had a couple of the same pokemon thanks to TheMantyke, and we both ran with Smogon pokemon.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Results have been posted in the threads for PA Juniors and Seniors, and WI masters.
I'm still collecting information on the other complete regionals, to give you some final scores, while BC, PA masters, TX and CA all still in the early stages.

All help appreciated! While twitter is the place for the most up to date news as I can only get to this periodically

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
4-2 on the day, good for a tenth place finish.

Loss to first place finisher Coleman Fung (C L E A R) in a close match. Came down to my weakened MetaChomp versus his full health Zapdos. Zappy Heat Wave, metagross dead, Chomp burned. Interestingly enough, Chomp is able to 2HKO with Rock Slide and i got the flinch the following turn before succumbing to the burn.

Loss to 8th place finisher Victoria Dickson (on Smogon but I forogt her nick). Blizzspam team, MetaTran smash for a bit, both die to Hail ZapChomp versus Glaceon. Only hax in this one was 3 misses, 2 against the Glaceon. If either of the Glaceon ones hit I had game.

Overall great experience, close matches for the most part and a great warm up for nats.

Forgot to mention I placed 7th at Toronto with a record of 5-1.

Lost to OVERGRO. I think I could have played the game out a bit better, and he really just outplayed me (I don't remember any major hax).

Don't remember your face Hegna, sorry :P
Were you Round 4 with the Quick Guard Terrakion?

If you were, yup, you played an excellent game with an excellent team. Kudos, bud.

Holy shit, Worlds Junior Runner-up Ian McLaughlin got 3rd. Nice job.

I'm 6-1 now. I think iss lost to darkpenguin67, so he would be 5-2 and dp67 would be 6-1. Vince just lost to PungentFruit, so he's 5-2 and pf is 6-1.
I actually played him. His in-game name was Raikoo, so that might want to be included in the thread. Not sure if he is still on Smogon though, due to him being under 13 last year...

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Since no one is updating on Cali, here are a few records

Ninahaza 5-0
Nicksor 5-0
Suleski 5-0
Metabou 3-2
Deaglebeagle 3-2
Huy 3-2
Duy 3-2
Nixhex 4-1
Badintent 4-1
Kaphotics 3-2
Alphaomega 5-0
Bruno 4-1
Katleen 4-1
Nuke 3-2
Evan falco 3-2 (didn't here directly from him though)

I'll try to Edit in more but I have to battle as well

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks you ninahaza! I'll get these on the twitter. We haven't heard from you on the west coast in quite a while!

And my "lookey likey" is going strong. good times all round.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
awesome updates jesus! lots of nice 5-0s and 4-1s!!! keep it up!

4-2 on the day, good for a tenth place finish.

Loss to first place finisher Coleman Fung (C L E A R) in a close match. Came down to my weakened MetaChomp versus his full health Zapdos. Zappy Heat Wave, metagross dead, Chomp burned. Interestingly enough, Chomp is able to 2HKO with Rock Slide and i got the flinch the following turn before succumbing to the burn.
I was geniunely baffled by that Rock Slide for that much on a burn.

On the other hand, Finals match was literally a curb stomp battle. Chandelure imprisoned his Chandelure mirror, and he had no answer to her Heat Wave and that's about it.

I'll post the battle video up when I get home.

Athens, GA.

I placed 13th overall. 6-2. Was 6-1 going into the final round and lost badly (0-3) to the 2nd place player who was from FSPL. On turn 2 I may or may have not granted myself possible victory... and then I gave it right back... on the same turn.

Will supply more after wife + son time that they sorely missed today to let me play a video game.

I went 4-3 Athens in Seniors, I don't know if you want to add that, lol. My little brother "demoExpert" on this site got First Place for Juniors in Athens.

EDIT: demoExpert's record was 5-0, Athens Juniors had a really small turnout.

In CA, the Seniors winner was Jeremy Fan at 7-1 I believe.
Juniors was Deepspeed's brother at 6-0.

EDIT: Jeremy went 8-0, my bad. (Thanks Kid Kadabra)

Roz's 4th place trophy! Congrats!

Did not manage to get a photo of C L E A R with his sadly, congrats to you too!

Toronto meet up was pretty awesome! Enjoyed meeting up with everyone, for the first and second time.
If you ignore the competition, we all ranked amazingly! Seriously though, it was fun

Also, some more instagram-ifiyed photos.

They gave us shelmets

It's pikachu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)