Pokemon Nationals Shenanigans: A thread of joyous daydreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should start a list (like above) for a Brawl Tournament/Pokemon Stadium Tournament, or maybe some other games like SSBM, etc.

Ok, we need to give this stuff some structure as people have said. First order of business would be where is the Brawl/whatever going to be played, and who can provide the equipment? I can probably bring a Wii+Brawl+MKWii(3DS is better), unlikely things could happen in my room. In terms of prizes, we could pool a small sum of money, like 1 or 2 bucks a person based on # of entrants, so the winner could get like 10 or a bit more.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to reiterate that you're in the middle of downtown in the middle of the city where it gets to 100 degrees during the day. Good luck finding an empty space that isn't occupied by a building or cars.

Ok, we need to give this stuff some structure as people have said. First order of business would be where is the Brawl/whatever going to be played, and who can provide the equipment? I can probably bring a Wii+Brawl+MKWii(3DS is better), unlikely things could happen in my room. In terms of prizes, we could pool a small sum of money, like 1 or 2 bucks a person based on # of entrants, so the winner could get like 10 or a bit more.
I'm not betting money for a Brawl tourny. Just for fun.

NO FISHY I WANT MISS SCARLET!!!

I could also bring Apples to Apples and/or Uno Attack/regular Uno (boring), but that's up to what people want to play. There's going to be so much happening I don't know how the heck we'll be able to find it all.

Haha Chess is for weirdoes, Checkers is better! i cant play chess, scrabble is cool, I would need Uno Attck explained. Also, the betting thing was really a suggestion, totally fine without it.

Haha Chess is for weirdoes, Checkers is better! i cant play chess, scrabble is cool, I would need Uno Attck explained. Also, the betting thing was really a suggestion, totally fine without it.
since when is chess just for weirdos? if anyone brings chess I'll be glad to play.

I have a nice portable Chessboard from China I can bring. We also have a nice Scrabble board. And Settlers of the Cataan (if anyone knows what that is).

We could also all re-side our house! :D Great group activity!

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
BrunoBro, it was a joke. You know how in pokemon games, when you make eye contact with a trainer or walk into his/her line of sight, he or she comes up to you and you have to battle.

anyways, yo, i wasn't going to even bother at first (you know, since i said i wasnt going to do any arm wrestling when i was in Cali) but then you called me a chicken, and i was like

Even then, i still wasnt going to do it. i dont really want to start doing things that involve "muscle display" at vgc events, BUT THEN YOU CALLED ME A ROOSTER AND I WAS LIKE

then i got sidetracked and started thinking about Stake-N-Shake and TGI Fridays in Indianapolis, and its endless bread sticks, and then i was like

i just woke up and now here we are, me posting this reply

I'm super down for any formal day we end up having as i have a very classy suit and take all opportunities to show people how good I look in it.

also

Are there any particularly good museums/attractions in Indianapolis?
this!! if there's any natural history / hands on science / biology / zoo / art museum in indianapolis i would LOVE to go especially if we got a group together. i'm such a science nerd (occupational hazard heh) and museums are my favourite thing in groups

also is that football game touch or full-contact or flag or what because i'd be so down. just don't let me kick anything.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
moot~
Full contact <3 ;)

But i'll be gentle

also a big yes to the museum group trip or whatever it is we can find in Indianapolis.

there's actually a bit we can find if we could solve a few problems.
1-doing an actual search
2-car rides (i know a few people are driving down so this shouldn't be that big a problem.

heck, last year Mike had this great plan for us to go to a karaoke place in indy and have karaoke night. i cant remember what made the plans fall through, but my point is, we can easily find fun things to do in Indianapolis if we plan it out ahead of time

man, karaoke is no fun unless you're drunk and i'm in the horrible twilight zone of being one year shy of alky-legal.

honestly anything will be awesome if we can get plans together in the next couple of weeks, just to have it down on paper

there's the indianapolis zoo, the indianapolis museum of art, and a medical history museum built out of a defunct hospital for the insane (i'm probably the only one interested in that... again, occupational hazard)...

the zoo seems like a good option, but it is 1.2 miles away from the convention center (there is a walking route) and that might be too much for people to walk (i don't live in indy so i don't know anything about the mass transit situation, if there is one). then again, i have a gimp knee and i'd do it....

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
is this football or futbol were referring to? I'm down for both
Futbol I really hope. A quick google bought up a few pitches within a few miles, but, it really depends on buses, and whether randoms can book them for use. I know the heat is unnappealing, but I don't mind it, just need enough numbers for it really, and plenty of drinks. I'll look into it a bit more in the near future/when I'm actually in the US

I don't think I'd dare do kareoke without being boozed up a bit. I'll also be 20 though, and althought it's legal back here at home, your rules state otherwise. I'd gladly watch anyone making a fool of themselves though. It's always fun watching it.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
i would love to walk anywhere that isn't like 5 miles away or whatever. zoo would be awesome, museums are cool, i'm up for: what the fuck ever

SCRABBLE. YES PLEASE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)