Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im kind of confused by the move 'Pursuit'... Do i use it before they switch or after?

For Example:
PLAYER A picks Pursuit for Scizor. PLAYER B currently has a Blastoise and changes his Pokemon for a Blaziken.... So would Scizor hit first, damaging the Blastoise with 80 damage or would Blaziken take the Pursuit damage?

Im kind of confused by the move 'Pursuit'... Do i use it before they switch or after?

For Example:
PLAYER A picks Pursuit for Scizor. PLAYER B currently has a Blastoise and changes his Pokemon for a Blaziken.... So would Scizor hit first, damaging the Blastoise with 80 damage or would Blaziken take the Pursuit damage?
Blastoise will take a pursuit for 80 base power from Scizor, Blaziken will come in unscathed (assuming no entry hazards).

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Here's Bulbapedia's article on priority: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Priority
Note that Pursuit has higher priority than switching if they switch. This is why Psychic or Ghost typing is considered such a liability in the current metagame, because if a Pursuit user comes in on you, you're basically dead since you can't switch out without getting hit by it.

Finally made quite a few good Pokemon over the course of 4 days after reading etc... I will post a team here later this week so people can tell me what they think.

And wow, really? That sucks, there goes my Chandelure.

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
two things:

How do I link to a single post?
and...
How do I put something where the ... is in a hide tag?
example:
help me!

You see the #205 at the top right corner of your question? Click it and the URL is for that singular post.

Use
and the regular closing HIDE tag

Cant we make OU bigger?

-That could help lower tiers to reach stability
-More diversity, less ban-tiers(as banlist or bl2)

and, the best reason of it, i cant see a reason for not doing it

Jirachi is listed as OU In Pokemon Black/White however on the actual game its wont let me use it online + Even in the Battle Point train station, it is stated as banned....If thats the case, why is it listed as OU if no one uses it as your not allowed? Shouldnt it be in the Uber section?

I see, so in official tournaments such as the VGC, Spring Cups etc, i can use Uber pokemon which may not be on the official game list but on Smogon?

Is there a list or anything of the banned Pokemon from official play?

Missed this. Red Card is often seen as a rather gimmicky item which is why you don't see it too often in analysis lists. Personally, the best pokemon using Red Card that I have seen, and used! was a Deoxys D with Red Card / Recycle, Spikes, Recover and Ice Beam. The Basic premise was to spike up spikes, and when you get hit Red Card activates and they get phased out, hopefully into something less threatening. Then you simply Recycle your Red Card, can heal up to full health, and you are ready to go again!

Personally I wouldn't use Red Card Skarmory, since it has Whirlwind to phase and their are better items to use on it
Ah, thanks; I believe that Deoxys set was the one I was thinking of.

Can anyone explain what an Edgar Clause is? I cannot recall having seen it somewhere before; is it some kind of meme or an internet artifact?

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
Cant we make OU bigger?

-That could help lower tiers to reach stability
-More diversity, less ban-tiers(as banlist or bl2)

and, the best reason of it, i cant see a reason for not doing it
Currently the Over Used tierlist is determined as the name suggests- by usage. The general cut off for whether a Pokemon is considered OU or not is around 3.5% in a standard metagame with clauses and the requisite ban lists. Having multiple tiers allows players to use Pokemon in different environments where they can succeed. Opening up OU to encompass a bunch of Pokemon that won't be used very often won't promote diversity. However, if you want to use UU Pokemon in OU you're welcome to! Oftentimes these Pokemon have excellent characteristics that a specific team can use to great effect.

Alright I'm working on a Rain team with the following offensive core to wreck stuff up late game

Salamence (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Water Pulse

I need help on some teammates to help out these 2 under the rain aswell as a good Toed set to run

Currently the Over Used tierlist is determined as the name suggests- by usage. The general cut off for whether a Pokemon is considered OU or not is around 3.5% in a standard metagame with clauses and the requisite ban lists. Having multiple tiers allows players to use Pokemon in different environments where they can succeed. Opening up OU to encompass a bunch of Pokemon that won't be used very often won't promote diversity. However, if you want to use UU Pokemon in OU you're welcome to! Oftentimes these Pokemon have excellent characteristics that a specific team can use to great effect.
My point is, why 3.5 and not 2.0?

My point is, why 3.5 and not 2.0?
The system is fine the way it is, and has been this way for a while. Unless you can give a valid reason for why 2.0 instead of 3.5, there's no need to provide reasoning for an opposing standpoint

Alright I'm working on a Rain team with the following offensive core to wreck stuff up late game

I need help on some teammates to help out these 2 under the rain aswell as a good Toed set to run
Jirachi and Salamence already work well together, but other Pokés that enjoy rain include Toxicroak, Dragonite, Ferrothorn, Gastrodon, Jellicent, Rotom-W, Azumarill, Tornadus, and Raikou.

As far as Politoed goes, I generally prefer to use a set similar to the Choice Specs variant

I know about Pokemon that enjoy rain but I am looking for some specific Pokemon that can make way for Mence and Rachi to not have a hard time late game, it could be through hazards, raw power or anything but just some Pokemon that clear the way for mence and rachi

I know about Pokemon that enjoy rain but I am looking for some specific Pokemon that can make way for Mence and Rachi to not have a hard time late game, it could be through hazards, raw power or anything but just some Pokemon that clear the way for mence and rachi
Ahh I didn't quite get the question. Okay well Gastrodon is immune to your Jirachi set and it along with other bulky Water-types can take a hit from Salamence and Ice Beam back for huge damage or Scald to cripple your sweeping capabilities. Also, Jirachi's attacks are both resisted by Grass, but Grass-types don't pose much of a threat to Salamence. Rain Volcarona might not be a bad idea if you have some Poké to tank strong Water-type attacks if your opponent also has a Specs Politoed or something similar. It seems like as long as you get Jirachi's attacking types cleared up and avoid bulky revenge killers of Salamence (which could include things like Cloyster or Mamoswine,) you'll be good. (Captain Obvious says "Entry hazards will help you sweep too!")

Alright tHanks alot, I'll try out a Rain Volcarona and Run a Bulky Water along Toed to tank water attacks. Thanks again for the help I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)